External Gravitation

pshrodr

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 12:36 pm
Science focuses on relating the concept of forces with the nature of particles/mass, upon which the forces act. We have divergent theories: 1) relativity which describes large scale relations, and 2) quantum theory which sums individual minute particles to arrive at the overall nature of the universe.

A principal disconnect between the two theories is gravity. The connection becomes apparent when gravity is properly defined as follows in this paper. A clearer picture of the universe unfolds here as compared to current physics issues needed for relating things to gravity. Scientific theories consist of a myriad of development steps that make it hard for the layman to relate to physics. The theories go so far that we can't step back and see how to undo all the complicating missteps. So I will take you here through the simple understanding of gravity and reveal many answers and improved explanations about the nature of the universe.

To begin, drop a pencil. It falls down, theoretically due to an attractive force within the earth. Did something come up, grab and pull the pencil down? Logically actions occur in the universe due to collisions, sometimes understood as pushes between mass particles. Basically the concept of attraction doesn't relate, and the many who understand this label it as action at a distance. To have a cause that affects something at a distance you need some connecting medium that provides the push. So why not redefine mediums as the finest of particles and have them push, and thus apply pressure. Mankind made that step with regard to the atmosphere so regularly that 'atmospheric pressure caused by invisible molecules' seems normal. There are only two actions in nature relying upon the 'virtual' concept of attraction. They are gravity and magnetism. If we actually understand them as inverted pushing in the microscopic world, then we can accept referring to them in the everyday world as attractions as a matter of convenience.

For step 1 - I claim the force of gravity is an external pressure. I have chosen the name of PAEP - particle applying external pressure - and have given the particles a dozen properties.

Paeps travel equally in all directions throughout the void of space and apply equal pressure to all sides of a body placed there. Paeps penetrate the body, while being partly diminished in the process. Thus the gravity we feel on earth is a 'net' force determined by the amount of pressure coming down minus the amount of pressures passing through and rising up from the earth. For ease of relating assume we experience 10 pressures of some measure from above while we experience 9 pressures from below. Then the gravitational force on earth is measured as 1 pressure throughout earth's surface.

Converting gravity to a pressure is so natural that it has been theorized in the past, most notably by LeSage 1724-1803. Most followers have misinterpreted the 'net force' which penetrating /pushing paeps provide. It is geometrically the same as current Newtonian attraction force. Subsequent believers had to deal with the multitude of objections raised against LeSage and thus his theory and any follow up theories have been ridiculed. He was ahead of his time in theorizing atoms, empty space on the molecular level and penetration of particles or rays through mass. For example nutrinos are now known to pass through earth. Other issues raised include activity within atoms, a heat buildup and the diminishment of paep pressure over long distances of travel by the particles. These issues are explainable. One remaining issue about gravity particles is that over time they would provide friction and slow the movement of planets in their orbits. My solution here stands out on this issue. Thus it clarifies many topics of our knowledge.

Spatial bodies 'attract' each other because the diminished stream of paeps exiting one body's surface applies less impact upon striking another other body than do undiminished streams. Earth is impacted from streams of paeps equally from all directions. However the net pressure caused the by streams coming directly from the sun has been reduced. Therefore the earth receives less total pressure on its side facing the sun that on its side facing the stars. It is therefore 'attracted' toward the sun in exactly the manner as we know from Newton's mechanics.

But the entire event is more complex that this. A stream of paeps penetrating the sun is somewhat diluted as proposed. But it is also influenced by the rotation motion of the solar surface. By some tiny factor the departing stream doesn't go straight up, but it acquires angular momentum. Its path is bent (pushed) slightly toward the left (as viewed from above the solar system). When such a stream reaches planets such as earth it is flowing somewhat with the planet as it orbits. Thus the stream is not providing the friction which led to the rejection of LeSage. In fact this bent stream provides the planetary orbital motions. With all other paep streams impacting earth in balance, the streams directly from the sun cause an imbalance of pressure from the right and thus push the earth and all other planets to the left in orbits. Not only that, but also the imbalance of pressures to one side of center causes the planets to rotate. The nature of the rotation depends on how the stream passes the planetary center.

For the first time, here is a consistent theory tying spatial revolutions, rotations and attractions to a common cause!

At any theoretical point in space, paeps come from all directions and have no impact upon each other. This duplicates the behavior of light photons. Photons do not affect the motion of other photons so I assume the same properties for paeps. However if there is an imbalance of paeps arriving then something will happen. The imbalance here is caused by the sun which has bent a stream of paeps under consideration. The bent stream creates some level of tidal action at some remote point. That tidal action is a minimal level of rotation at that point. Over time the rotation may increase to become spin. Enough spin begins to define a particle of mass. Mass is the opposite of empty space containing only paeps. Mass is defined by having spin. In fact the amount of spin defines the density of the mass particle.

By extension, the beginning of spin creates nuclear particles. Over time, the addition of more spin complicates the region so more particles are created and made larger in various chemical ways. Thus the creation and build up of mass.

The great revelation is that spin is the distinction between space and mass! The more spin, the greater the density and thus the greater the mass. By extension the greater density blocks/diminishes more paeps and creates more net gravitation at that point. As you extend this development of mass, over time more bent paep streams impact the particle and add to the spin and thus to the creation we have just discussed. Thus mass tends to increase in size over time. This includes suns and planets which formed from early disturbances and gradually grew.

Many concepts follow.

Paul Schroeder
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,213 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Bracewell

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 04:25 pm
@pshrodr,
Paul I can't follow this, you may as well be writing about fairy dust. I understand Newton himself was puzzled enough about his own concept of force as an explanation for gravity that he went to the university cellars and blended many kinds of rock and melted the mixtures in a furnace. I am not sure if he was ever made to explain his experiments but it might have been that he had some notion that different rocks might generate different amounts of gravitational force, but this is a guess.
0 Replies

Solace

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 04:05 pm
@pshrodr,
I remember a physicist friend once asked me if I knew what gravity was. Of course I gave him the textbook answer. But then he asked me if I understood what I was talking about, if I could explain what this force of attraction is, rather than simply what it does. Naturally I couldn't answer. Nor could he.

I daresay he'd be curious about this theory Paul. I'm no physicist, but I'm curious too.
0 Replies

Pusyphus

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 09:17 pm
@pshrodr,
Hey, that's not a bad theory.

How would it explain distal tides (the high tides on the opposite side [of the earth])?
0 Replies

Holiday20310401

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 10:52 pm
@pshrodr,
pshrodr wrote:

So why not redefine mediums as the finest of particles and have them push, and thus apply pressure.

1. Because non-locality proves there is no 'action' per-se.
  2. Why not define these mediums topologically?
  3. Collisions are due to not that there is a physical separation that just exists, the physical separation that we perceive spatially, is due to the fundamental forces of nature. Suggesting more particles to explain the phenomenon of particles just seems so redundant to me. And I haven't decided whether reality is logical or not yet.

pshrodr wrote:
Mankind made that step with regard to the atmosphere so regularly that 'atmospheric pressure caused by invisible molecules' seems normal. There are only two actions in nature relying upon the 'virtual' concept of attraction. They are gravity and magnetism. If we actually understand them as inverted pushing in the microscopic world, then we can accept referring to them in the everyday world as attractions as a matter of convenience.

Ok, sure. Correlation suggests causation, but now we need to prove it.

And what causes the behaviour of these Paeps? This circular idea doesn't solve anything.

pshrodr wrote:
Earth is impacted from streams of paeps equally from all directions.

I think Newton had a very similar idea to this that later on had to be discarded.

pshrodr wrote:
The great revelation is that spin is the distinction between space and mass!

Why can't the universe be spinning? One thing that I cannot understand is how does an indivisible particle spin?
John W Kelly

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 11:51 pm
@Holiday20310401,
You may be theorizing a graviton.
Bones-O

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 01:30 pm
@John W Kelly,
Hi Paul. Interesting reading. You refer to your post as a 'paper', which suggests plans to publish. Can I ask: do you hold a degree in physics? (Not that this should be a requirement for getting a paper published - it's just a common way to build up enough information to write such a thing.) The reason I ask is that some of the points and questions you raise seem to ignore much of a standard physics degree syllabus.

For instance:

pshrodr wrote:

To have a cause that affects something at a distance you need some connecting medium that provides the push. So why not redefine mediums as the finest of particles and have them push, and thus apply pressure.

All quantum field theories already do this, not by pressure but by absorption.

pshrodr wrote:

There are only two actions in nature relying upon the 'virtual' concept of attraction. They are gravity and magnetism.

The electric force and the nuclear force are both attractive, at least to the degree that magnetism is (all three may also be repulsive).

pshrodr wrote:

Spatial bodies 'attract' each other because the diminished stream of paeps exiting one body's surface applies less impact upon striking another other body than do undiminished streams. Earth is impacted from streams of paeps equally from all directions. However the net pressure caused the by streams coming directly from the sun has been reduced. Therefore the earth receives less total pressure on its side facing the sun that on its side facing the stars. It is therefore 'attracted' toward the sun in exactly the manner as we know from Newton's mechanics.

LaSage, when he wrote his theory, was unaware of the neutron star, the smallest and most dense object in the cosmos bar the black hole. This raises an interesting question of scale. The inverse square law of gravitation is a law for point particles not extended bodies, which is an obviously extreme way to treat a planet but, since the distances involved are so huge, it works pretty well. The other extreme is to treat a gravitational body as an infinitely large surface area, at which point the gravitational force becomes a constant (hence 9.81 m/s^2 here on Earth where the Earth's surface is a good fit for an infinite plane). The vector gravity field model predicts both kinds of results, as does general relativity. I'm not sure yours does. If the force is due to a pressure drop between the two gravitating bodies, then the maximum area determining the pressure drop is the smallest cross-sectional area of the two bodies involved. In other words, it shouldn't matter whether the area of the earth presented to the falling body were as we know it to be, or that of a small coffee table so long as its density and depth (from the presented face to the opposite side) were as we know them to be. This clearly doesn't recover the predictions of any successful gravitational theory nor match experimental or even daily observation. I've attached an image to illustrate. In fact, in the upper image is shown additional pressure on the larger (and so heavier) Earth which should reduce the attraction between the bodies rather than increasing it as we'd expect.

The neutron star is a case in point: it presents a very small surface area but has a very high mass. Okay, this will increase the diminishment, but not for as long as, say, the Sun, again because the neutron star diameter is so small (about the width of a big city). Further, it would not effect the paeps passing it which would be free to push away a large gravitational body which should be pulled toward the star.

The black hole case is even more absurd as this presents no cross-sectional area to the paep stream at all.

pshrodr wrote:

But the entire event is more complex that this. A stream of paeps penetrating the sun is somewhat diluted as proposed. But it is also influenced by the rotation motion of the solar surface. By some tiny factor the departing stream doesn't go straight up, but it acquires angular momentum. Its path is bent (pushed) slightly toward the left (as viewed from above the solar system).

Now this is odd. Anyone who has spun something on a string only for the string to snap know that the object whizzes off in a straight line. Why do your paeps retain angular momentum when they leave a rotating surface without some central force (which just gives you action at a distance again)? Further, the only way this could happen without slowing down the rotation of the star (since any angular momentum gain in the paeons must match a loss by the star) is if the process where symmetric, i.e. different paeons are given equal and opposite amounts of angular momentum. This is fine, since paeons passing on one side of the sun (moving with the rotating) will pick up angular momentum in one direction, and the others passing on the other side (moving against the rotation) will pick up the opposite, thus angular momentum is conserved. Unfortunately, then, the effects on the planet will cancel each other out as it receives paeons of equal and opposite angular momenta.

pshrodr wrote:

For the first time, here is a consistent theory tying spatial revolutions, rotations and attractions to a common cause!

Orbits, rotations and gravitational attraction were all tied together by Einstein in his general theory of relativity almost 100 years ago.

pshrodr wrote:

Enough spin begins to define a particle of mass. Mass is the opposite of empty space containing only paeps. Mass is defined by having spin. In fact the amount of spin defines the density of the mass particle.

Spin and mass to not correlate at all. A photon has more spin than a proton.

Overall, you've clearly put a lot of thought into this, but there's a reason why similar theories such as LaSage's were immediately dismissed: they just don't work, and they were formulated by very learned people. It's cool to think up theories of the universe - I have thought up a few in my time - but without some grounding in physics we have no idea whether what we're proposing actually accords with what happens in the universe. You obviously have a great interest in physics - you should continue to push it, but push it in the right direction. Put the legwork in - you won't regret it.
0 Replies