Euology for Humankind - philosophical approach?

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 08:32 am
If you had to write a eulogy for the human species - what philosophy would inform your approach?

...are there any little anecdotes you think should be included?

iconoclast.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,067 • Replies: 8
No top replies

iconoclast

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 03:00 pm
@iconoclast,
How about this one..?

A 13-year-old girl wearing a vest packed with explosives has been arrested in the Iraqi town of Baquba, after turning herself in - according to US officials.

She allegedly surrendered to police in Baquba and they had to remove the vest before detaining her. Iraqi police released a video of the incident.

A US military spokesman said she apparently approached the Iraqi police saying she had the vest on and did not want to go through with it. But it was not clear if she had been forced to wear the vest or had done so voluntarily.
de budding

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 03:05 pm
@iconoclast,

Dan.
iconoclast

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 03:38 pm
@de budding,
yeah,

how about...

veni, vidi, nada!

iconoclast.
de budding

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 04:25 pm
@iconoclast,
Genius! I am now going to be buried so I can have that on my head stone... HA!

Dan.
iconoclast

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 04:37 pm
@de budding,
how about:

Quote:
Genius! I am now going to be buried so I can have that on my head stone...

iconoclast.
Victor Eremita

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 05:14 pm
@iconoclast,
Thank you, thank you all for coming, thank you.

* clears throat *

Humanity. I didn't understand what that was until I saw it lying dead at my feet. It was quite amazing but as I saw it dying before me, I stared into it and it into me; it was only then the magnititude of what I, what we all, lost, became apparent.

Since that day when humanity died, I was lost and distraught. I was confused and unsure of where to go next with my life. I thought I'd try killing someone, but didn't make me feel good for long. I later slept with several hookers, but aside from giving them all AIDS, it didn't feel right. Humanity's death hit me harder than I ever thought possible.

I started watching Married... With Children again; I always felt guilty watching that show, but no longer; I watched every episode in one week. Then I decided to do some beastiality flicks; the pay was good, but I wasn't in it for the pay; I just needed to feel again.

Then I started to realize nothing mattered anymore; I started doing any and all the crazy s**t which I had avoided all my life. And it was humanity that was keeping me from doing that; that sorry SOB, eh? Am I right folks?

Here's to you, humanity! Go to hell!

* Thunderous applause *
Aedes

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 07:29 pm
@Victor Eremita,
There was a world before humans. There is a world after humans.

But in the world of humans, there lived Max. And the universe was forever better because he lived.

This is Max:
http://upload.pbase.com/image/102243927.jpg
iconoclast

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 11:00 pm
@Aedes,
Aedes,

Bravo! He's beautiful.

Encore... (ad infinitum!)

iconoclast.
0 Replies