Creativity = Evolution

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 07:59 am
hehey, my second post Very Happy In case I and my posts appear 'beginner-ish' well, thats because I am/we are Very Happy

Now, the question is where does creativity come from? Apparently, if one experiences a creative outburst, one cant stop him/herself and is just the 'tool' to produce what is 'injected'. I experienced that myself while working on a painting or writing a short story, I cant write as fast as it comes to me, and I 'loose' time during it as well.

I dont think I 'produce' it, if it would be in my power I would be able to switch it on as often as I want Wink So, I believe there is a divine power (however one calls it) to which we link to and which 'injects' the new development.....

So, evolution - I understand that can be referred to as 'creativity' as well, becuase something gets created which wasnt there before....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,143 • Replies: 4
No top replies

boagie

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:24 am
@cherryberry,
Cherryberry,Smile

"So, evolution - I understand that can be referred to as 'creativity' as well, becuase something gets created which wasnt there before...."

I think your right but I do not think it is the only criteria to be met,I mean that something is created.How much they have in common might be interesting to look at.Would it be fair to say they are both processes,systems or a complex of systems.Both I imagine are open system meaning there is input from the outside or an exchange between the system and its environment.Anybody out there like to jump into this confusion?Cherryberry,it is an interesting first post,let just see in the next little while how many bites you get. Wink
Irishcop

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 11:30 am
@boagie,
I agree somewhat Cherryberry.

However, I think much depends on the frame of mind when you set out. A tree is known by its fruit, so then consider the final product and that will clue you as to its source. Somethings are inspired by the divine, yet some wondrous things also come intrinsically from the mind.

I write, and paint also. When its good, it has come just like you described, and the finished product seems almost like a serendipitous accident.

I agree with Boagie, infact I dont think anything can emerge from a closed system. Afterall, if it did, it wouldnt be a closed system.
0 Replies

Justin

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 04:34 pm
@cherryberry,
Creativity, I believe, is in everyone of us. Those times where you have creative bursts could be that you are a little further along in your spiritual unfolding and recognition of it.

In order for something to be created or evolve, it must first be thought in mind. Take a look around and everything that mankind has created and know that it is first created in mind before it can be manifested. Thought always comes prior to manifestation which supports the 'Thoughts are things' theory.

As far as evolving and evolution of thoughts into things, it happens daily. I believe that there is divine creativity in each of us and only some realize this while that divine creativity lay dormant in most.

In seeking philosophy and answers to common questions, it's important to seek within rather than without. The entire universe of thought and knowledge is within the reach of every man who dares to tap into it. - These were my thoughts!
boagie

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 05:33 pm
@Justin,
Hi all!

While I personally do not believe in divine inspiration in the Christian sense,inspiration is however a reality and can involve ones context,as in,is your environment favourable to creativity.It has often been said that context defines,so if you have a medium in mind,a goal set,is it a rich environment that will stimulate your mental processes.Other people too are part of your environment and can be both positive and negative influences upon your creativity,so chose your friends with some discretion,hopefully other creative people.Like evolutionary development where one evolves in relation to the physical reality in which you find yourself,so to you will be influence by your present and past historical environment,it is from the knowledge and experience of these places that you will draw upon.I believe also creativity is brought forth in a relaxed condition,and is somewhat of the other mind of us,different people find different methods useful in getting in the right mood.Einstein to get into a state where he could visualize a given problem would do relaxation methods while sitting in a comfortable chair holding a stone in his hand.If he became to relaxed the stone would fall out of his hand and of course wake him up,the idea being not to sleep but to do visualizations.
0 Replies