Twin Streams

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 06:21 pm
Twin Streams

Friendship and familiarity may be regarded as twin streams which stem from a common concept. The former has an abundance of free flowing graciousness. The latter is the super-egotistical appropriation which takes advantage of the flow by trying to divert the love-stream to suit its own ends.

Familiarity takes the freshness out of marriage. It blunts the eye and ear to active listening, or bending to the other's point of view. It proposes numerous subtle ways to take more than it gives; to undermine respect. This attitude grows to include adultery, with its disastrous consequences to the moral fibre of homes and nations.

Familiarity translates the perfect bonding of male friendship into the grasp of carnal knowledge. It pollutes the perfect purity of mother-love, and lacing it with fishhooks of manipulation, destroys the genuine, leaving sorrow in its wake.

Man struggles up the ladder of consciousness towards the light. Super-ego, unable to comprehend the shimmering brilliance, waits for its opportunity to make the good life seem hum-drum; to make a joyous situation go sour or stale in order to retain its dominant position in the organism; to apply brakes to the ever- increasing momentum of spiritual joy.

Every new spiritual idea revealed to man is an expression of God's trust and friendship; a gift of grace. New concepts are revealed when the person is operating at the apex of conscious attainment, and, being in Grace, sees things from a theocentric point of view. Then as consciousness descends to a flat, more rational level of operation, familiarity grasps the fresh input and tries to manipulate the good to serve its own one-sided interests.

Familiarity is myopic and judges accordingly. It fails to consider the consequences of any remark or action upon others. Or indeed the broad application of its actions on family, nation or planet as a whole. Familiarity's only concern is "What's in it for me?"

Familiarity goes to church on Sundays, professing the Christian principles which affect its public image while failing to live by the Spirit of the Law. To this end it selects like and dislike portions of the Scriptures, magnifying favourite details and minimizing others. It thus divides Whole Law into convenient opinionated compartments, thus eroding the indivisible Supra- ordinate concept.

Respect appreciates and unifies.

Familiarity depreciates and separates.

Thus the rise and fall of persons, leaders, institutions, and nations on the cyclical path to maturity of the Whole earth concept. I pour ideas and life energy into that which will elevate the whole earth. When devilish appropriation diverts the flow to feed its own ends the life energy stream is cut off.

The command "Love one another" describes Love with a capital "L" which excludes no one or no thing. The interpretation "Be familiar with one another" is the devilish interpretation. The consequences in each expression are entirely opposite. The paths to heaven and hell are therein defined. The children of strong united families, whose infancy was based in love and understanding and mutual respect, eventually emerge as the silver seed for higher worlds to come. In all walks of life identity strength is based in parental acceptance and appreciation, for love never faileth.

-neuark
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,457 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Aristoddler

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 07:37 pm
@Electra phil,
The first half of this post looks like a chain letter I got once.

Good overall though...I have nothing to add that would make this any clearer, but I can't wait to see what some people say about it.
0 Replies

chad3006

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 11:12 pm
@Electra phil,
I understand the concept of the ego as a destroyer, but I can't quite (completely) connect the ego to "familiarity." Could you clarify? Is it possible the ego can only undermine or destroy another ego? Are there instances when familiarity is not an egoic impulse?
Electra phil

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 08:05 am
@chad3006,
chad3006 wrote:
I understand the concept of the ego as a destroyer, but I can't quite (completely) connect the ego to "familiarity." Could you clarify? Is it possible the ego can only undermine or destroy another ego? Are there instances when familiarity is not an egoic impulse?

Hi Chad,

My posts "Free Sovereigns" and "Twin Streams" are things I was taught by an experience with someone who lives in the light.

The ideas behind both are simple and true to me.

We can respect ourselves and then we raise the bar on rules of engagement between self and others. This is based on true spiritual self-esteem and obligation to the truth of the light. A singularity of purpose shines through rather than participating in chaos (ego).

Mutual respect and personal integrity are keynotes of these discussions and aim for a higher ideal than what commonly occurs in mundane realityscapes.

These things take practice of course and are never truly perfected, but can become more and more intentional through awareness and experimentation with the concept.
0 Replies

Aristoddler

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 04:52 pm
@Electra phil,
I was always under the assumption that Ego was the feral side of the mind.
The side that was most attuned to our instincts.

Was I thinking of Id?

Anyhow...the entire concept of Ego and Id are just another way to show how balanced the world really is.
SphinX phil

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 04:58 pm
@Aristoddler,
Friendship and familiarity may be regarded as twin streams which stem from a common concept. The former has an abundance of free flowing graciousness. The latter is the super-egotistical appropriation which takes advantage of the flow by trying to divert the love-stream to suit its own ends. -Electra

Ok so friendship is good and familiarity evil?
Could you define the two terms as you know them pls, because that spiritual mumbo-jumbo makes no sense to me.
Electra phil

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 07:30 pm
@SphinX phil,
SphinX wrote:
Friendship and familiarity may be regarded as twin streams which stem from a common concept. The former has an abundance of free flowing graciousness. The latter is the super-egotistical appropriation which takes advantage of the flow by trying to divert the love-stream to suit its own ends. -Electra

Ok so friendship is good and familiarity evil?
Could you define the two terms as you know them pls, because that spiritual mumbo-jumbo makes no sense to me.

Sorry you are having a difficult time with that, SphinX.

It is nice to meet you and welcome to the board. Smile
0 Replies