British Establishment on the brink

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 08:21 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
In fact I think I will start the BBCP. (British Bread and Circus Party)

If you don't want to be at pains founding a new party, why not join one of the already existing like
The Leisure Party ("The Leisure Party visualises and proposes the creation of a scenario within which every voter would be a well paid member of an electronically interactive parliament".)
or The Rainbow Party ("The best party in town ...").

Might well be - especially re. all your spam emails! - that The Virtual Party ("Fed up with sleaze, privacy invasion, junk mail, bomb scares, constitutional debates, nationalism, street cameras, political posturing and paying for local phone calls?") could be a good alternative as well :wink:
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 09:00 am
Well, i could go along with bread and circuses so long as i can get some meatloaf for sammiches, and the ladies in the circus perform their acts nearly nekkid . . .
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 09:05 am
Setanta wrote:
Well, i could go along with bread and circuses so long as i can get some meatloaf for sammiches, and the ladies in the circus perform their acts nearly nekkid . . .

What's with this "nearly" stuff.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 09:06 am
And what abt the booze ?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 09:13 am
Bread in circusses with nikked women is always served accompanied by drinks - or how could you bear up against all this nakedness?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 09:32 am
True in my case - I need to be drunk to enjoy (??)nekkid women
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 09:35 am
It looks as if its going to be really popular. No joining fee. Just donate all your worldly goods to me as founder and leader. Very Happy
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 09:40 am
Gautam wrote:
True in my case - I need to be drunk to enjoy (??)nekkid women

I rememeber some "nice" private clubs in Soho (only by hear-say, of course) in Soho.

Could be a good idea for the first party meeting tomorrow Laughing
DISCLAIMER: This email, together with any attachments, is for the exclusive and confidential use of the addressee(s) and may contain legally privileged information. Any other distribution, use or reproduction without the sender's prior consent is unauthorised and strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by telephone, fax or email immediately and destroy the message without making any copies.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 09:53 am
Hey what's this Walter, a London meet being planned without the Manchester contingent?
Was ist los? Bin neugierig.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 12:47 pm
Just a very short (one and a half day) visit to London, McTag.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 02:21 pm
Yes well have a nice

haveanice
haveanice
haveanice

day and a half.

And if my pals Gautam, KP and the Steves are involved, my best to them too.

Goodbye from a very bangy Guy Fawkes' Night; God alone knows where the kids get the money for all those fireworks.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2003 06:05 am
I think Gautam and Steve will be meeting with Walter, but I can't get away from the office in the time frame required. Sad
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2003 12:10 pm
We're just back from meeting up with Gautam.

Lunch in All Bar One .... Canary Wharf

Great chat

It was entirely due to the generosity, civility and general good eggness of Gautam. More later. Off to the Travellers Friend in Epping Green for more eating and drinking. (and smoking )
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 11:06 am
Now the last sentence does not make sense Laughing

Thanks Steve
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 07:04 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
(and smoking )

It has been a very good short break from duty at hoem (mother), thanks to the kimdness of my hosts, the fabulous weather, Air Berlin, WAGN, traditional British Food, Indian Tonic and .... what did you mean to have to mention, Steve?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 11:36 am
"and smoking"...didn't mean anything by it Walter! It just seemed to follwo on from eating and drinking!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 03:34 pm
Yes traditional British food

marmalade
houmos
African tigne (or something like that with apricots)
char grilled chicken sandwich
Argentinian banana wine (actually bondana)
deep fried mars bar

oh how I long for a plate of tripe and elder (no I dont, but absence makes the heart grow fonder and distorts memory)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 07:12 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
If you don't want to be at pains founding a new party, why not join one of the already existing like
The Leisure Party ("The Leisure Party visualises and proposes the creation of a scenario within which every voter would be a well paid member of an electronically interactive parliament".)
or The Rainbow Party ("The best party in town ...").

Ah, piffle. Why bother with such trifle ersatz wannabe's when you can go for the real thing? If you remember Screaming Lord Sutch (I could swear I saw his ghost in Vienna last Friday), join the one and only Official Monster Raving Loony Party. You know it makes sense.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 07:17 am
I cant believe he actually got over a thousand votes in the 1994 Rotherham by-election! Thats 4,2%!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 07:23 am
The real thing? Could be (if I lived in the Netherlands) for me more the Verenigde Senioren Partij (VSP).

Just because I like the name, I perhaps would prefer the Jongere Onafhankelijke Ouderen Partij (J.O.O.P)

However, I'm rather sure, although I'm interested in history, the Bonapartistische Partij (BPN) wouldn't like me.

Laughing
0 Replies