The New Vietnam

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 08:19 am
I didn't think that we would EVER engage in another Vietnam. I actually believed that The American people were way too smart to repeat bad history. In these contemporary mini-wars that we have involved ourselves in (Granada, Somalia, Bosnia, etc.), win or lose, I sort of gave a nod of approval in that we avoided a protracted guerilla war (like Vietnam).
People would say, "Oh, this is going to be another Vietnam" and the media were slavering for this to be the case. But it didn't happen.... until now.
Every day I'm hearing about, "Two of our soldiers died..." or, "Three U.S. soldiers were killed by a roadside bomb..." Granted, the casualty numbers aren't (yet) what they were in Vietnam but the process is the same. We need to cut our losses now.
What would be my solution? I would have gone in (which I agreed with), waged a much more agressive campaign (to avert U.S. casualties), used the Moab bomb on a grand scale on the Iraqi armies around Baghdad, and then left. Why leave? Because the only reason we were there to begin with was revenge for 9-11. No other reason.
Had we wiped out the Iraqi army and simply left, we would not have this ongoing tit for tat Vietnam type guerilla war which we have now.
And terrorist countries wouldn't mess with us in the future if we took on a policy of "destroy and leave." We've got enough starving and sick people in this coutry to burn up all our tax dollars. We sure don't need to spend it over there.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 447 • Replies: 2
No top replies

satt fs

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 10:12 am
It is not a Vietnam (it's quite different).
But my condolence about the current situation.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 10:17 am
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14424&highlight=
0 Replies