The anything thread

colorbook

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 01:56 pm
Since this is "The anything thread," Montana, I thought I'd ask you what the name of this place is. You seem to be serving all the people here and doing a very good job (quite the hostess). What I need to know is, is this a Restaurant, Coffee House, Eatery, Starbucks, your own home, or maybe even a Pub? I would propose that everyone entering your establishment, pick a name for this place than you decide which name you like best.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 02:05 pm
You know....here in Tarana, we have a very trendy place for young beautiful people to go meet each other actually called 'Montana.'
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 03:13 pm
Brandon
Can we watch a western?

Colorbook
That sounds like a good idea, so if anyone wants to come up with names, we can have a vote on the best one. How about Montana's Wine & Dine?

Cav
Cool. I'd love to check that place out :-D
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 04:22 pm
How about "Montana's Wayward Tavern" or
"Montana's Down The Road"
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 04:40 pm
Or Montana's Happy Mounties Steak House?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 05:01 pm
'Montana's Big Beef House'

(1/2 price authentic Canadian Beaver Tails daily)

As for the real Montana resto here, you got $10 for a martini and double at least for a cigar?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 05:04 pm
I had already started calling this "Montana's Diner" in my head....

I actually like "Montana's Down the Road"...even though it does sound like Montana went somewhere.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 05:49 pm
Here's an idea for the name of Montana's establishment. It might be kind of a reach, but I have my reason for choosing the name Montana's Invasion of the Saucer Men Diner

Now hear me out please. Why do people go to diners? To drink coffee and pick up women of course! Now, if you consider what the average guy on this site looks like and then consider what the average woman looks like, well, there you have it -- A2K saucer men (saucer because of the coffee) going to the diner to pick up the babes.

I took the time to sketch a composite photo of the men and women on this site and came up with a poster to go outside Montana's diner.

Maybe this isn't such a good idea, but, hell, I just thought I'd run it by you.

http://www.vintagevending.com/productImages/ProductImage-3041-1-zm.jpg
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 06:35 pm
I'm going with "Montana's Chat and Chew."
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 06:38 pm
Oh, yeah, popie, that's exactly what I look like. (Not even 40 years ago.)

Will there be any Mounties mounted on the walls? I mean those that Montana and the girl gang wore out.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 07:44 pm
A fine idea, Diane!
Um, one question, though. Which part of the Mountie should be mounted? (On the wall, that is.)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 07:47 pm
(Crash!, Bang!) Door swings open hard pushed by large posterior followed by the rest of Joe Nation.
"Unghh"
He is dragging a large box which he unceremoniously let's flop to the floor.
(FWAAP!)
"Okay, that's the last of it. "
He surveys the two hundred and twenty one other boxes that now litter part of the entry hall and nearly block the passageway to the kitchen.
"Ahem." He says to no one and everyone. "We now have something for everyone. Every possible edible- animal, fish, vegetable or fruit, every spice, herb or condiment and hanging over there in vast profusion I want everyone to see our new pot rack with all of the sixteen different sizes of saucepan, skillet, frying pan and the little bitty double boiler with the glass top."
"Down in the cellar we have vintages of vast variety and, for the non-imbibers, the very finest in juices and delectable infusions. Enjoy."
"The staff will be organizing all this for awhile but I don't want that to stop anyone from ordering a late night snack. Just press the button by the speakers on your table and speak normally. Don't worry if someone doesn't reply, your order is automatically recorded and will replay on the kitchen speakers until it is delivered to your table."
Joe Nation heads down the passageway and is heard to say to someone
"Please put these blue guinea hen eggs in the refrigerator next to, let's see, the hummingbird's or I guess by those black wren's. They said Anything Thread, let's give them anything."
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 07:59 pm
Wow, Joe! I sure hope you didn't hurt your back with all those boxes! Come sit down for awhile and rest.

(mumbling...)Geez, I hope Montana has a big enough pantry for all this stuff...
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 08:08 pm
Montana wrote:
Brandon
Can we watch a western?

It says "Rio Bravo" with John Wayne........and "The Missouri Breaks" with Jack Nicholson......and an episode of "Rawhide"....and I think that's all. Which would you prefer?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 08:33 pm
Is there a pair of dry pants in that box, JoeN?

My socks are dry after tonight's walk, but my raincoat dripped onto my pants (boo hiss), so my pants were soaked from the knees down. (boo hiss). I'm a bit cold without them, but not as clammy.

I definitely need a cup of hot tea with a shot of brandy.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 08:54 pm
Here you go, ehBeth. Montana seems to be busy right now, and I don't think she'd mind if I step behind the counter for a minute. 'Specially not for you.

How about the Jack Nicholson one, Brandon? I haven't seen that one.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 09:07 pm
Hi Eva Cool
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 09:08 pm
Hi, dys! :wink:

What can we getcha?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 09:09 pm
Phew!!! I worked in my garden all day and I'm pooped. Jeeez!!! You guys are fantastic for keepong everything going while I was gone. Joe, I can't thank you enough for bringing all this wonderful stuff. I just wish I was here to help you with all those boxes. You guys have come up with some great names here. I like them all, but "Montana's Down the Road" has got a cool ring to it. What does everyone else think?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 11:22 pm
Eva wrote:
How about the Jack Nicholson one, Brandon? I haven't seen that one.

Ah, good choice. I like Arthur Penn. I've seen it, but not for a long time. Let me clear some things off the sofa, here. It's going to start in a minute or two.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 07:13:45