dum dee dum dum. Tap, tap, tap!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,244 • Replies: 186
No top replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2003 11:01 pm
I'm here. What do you want to talk about?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2003 11:03 pm
Ahhhh, my first visitor! Welcome :-) Can I get you something to drink or maybe a bite to eat? Did you have a nice Halloween?
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2003 11:09 pm
A nice cup of tea would be nice thank you. Nothing to eat though, I've been filling up on Halloween candy all day. How was yours?
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2003 11:19 pm
2 scrambled, bacon, sausage, mashed, toast, coffee,,,now
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2003 11:22 pm
That does sound good...eggs toast and sausage, if it isn't any trouble.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2003 11:33 pm
As the dust settled on All Hallow's Eve,
and storm clouds rumbled on the horizon,
the wind whistled loud in strange ancient tongues.
"Sleep," it called, in a phrase unknown to me,
yet understood, by a strange trick of my
clearly muddled mind..."What witchcraft is this,"
I wondered, while the wind continued it's
enigmatic pronouncements. "Sleep" it said,
again, but something in that muddled mind
of mine said "No, for danger is fortold
in the gale's odd prophecy. Should I sleep,
I fear I may not wake. I shall take my
ever-vigilant watch again tonight
to see the howling winds killed by daylight.

Another typical Halloween....pass me some whiskey and a cruller.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2003 11:42 pm
Just watched Dances with Wolves on cable. I forgot about that movie. It was one of the greatest westerns ever.
While your up, do you have any apple pie?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2003 11:44 pm
No pie here, just some pretty tasty pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 12:18 am
Ok, all the food is being served along with refreshments. Sorry it took me so long, I was in the kitchen and kept forgetting stuff. I hope your eggs aren't cold.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 05:11 am
I love the sweep of Dances with Wolves. We watched it one time on a rainy day in Florida. At the end I said "I can't believe this movie starts with scenes from the Civil War."
My friend says " Yeah, and the amazing part is that knowing that feels like an old memory."

Uh, I had the omelette with swiss and mushrooms and the side of bacon very crisp, coffee black?? So far I have the coffee. Take your time I know you are busy.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 06:39 am
(settling into booth across from Joe...)

Mind if I sit here? Thanks.

I'll have biscuits and sausage gravy, please...with a side of hashbrowns. And a large orange juice, please.

Joe, can I read the entertainment section of the Times when you're finished with it?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 07:29 am
I don't actually own the entertainment section of the Times. I think I may have told you that but it's not true.

Oh! You mean this paper! Oh, well, yeah. Um. There's nothing in it though, more Mahler concerts and bad movie reviews.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 09:21 am
Oh.

Same old same old here. Cain's Ballroom has just undergone a $1 or $2 million renovation, and Leon Russell is playing for the grand reopening, along with Dwight Yoakum. "The Drunkard" is celebrating its 50th anniversary...the longest continuously running play in the U.S. The Ballet is opening another blockbuster season, this time performing the world premiere of a new ballet, "Vivace," by Caniparoli. Big Bruce Goff exhibition at Price Tower in B'ville, including hotel stays there. Major Remington exhibit at Gilcrease ends next weekend, Philbrook hosting Clement Greenberg's collection.

Ho hum. Might buy ballet tickets....
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 10:41 am
Who has the crossword section...hmmm...yesterdays puzzle...10 down: a public meeting place for open discussion...5 letter word? Oh darn my pen just ran out of ink. Montana, do you serve mocha lottes? I could sure use one. By the way hi Eva, Joe, what's new?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 11:55 am
Eva wrote:
(settling into booth across from Joe...)

Mind if I sit here? Thanks.

I'll have biscuits and sausage gravy, please...with a side of hashbrowns. And a large orange juice, please.

Joe, can I read the entertainment section of the Times when you're finished with it?

Here you go Eva. I made myself a plate as well, so can I slide in here and grab the funnies.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 12:01 pm
Agora.

I love that word.

I think I could use a mountain chai with extra cinnamon, and a couple of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Is there any 5 year old cheddar around? That'd just be a perfect lunch. hmmmmmmm nemmind. Dogs need to go out. Keep a towel ready for me - it's raining.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 12:05 pm
Will do Beth. You're in luck girl since I love old cheddar. I'll have your plate and a towel ready for you when you come back.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 12:16 pm
speaking of tea, I am totally out of Assam Superb and can not find any in my local markets, resorted to having English Breakfast.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 12:17 pm
You have a nice place. You know, an iced tea would be very refreshing just now.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The anything thread
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 08:45:42