Spill baby spill, slippery politics

georgeob1

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 03:59 pm
@teenyboone,
As President Obama has demonstrated very little in the way of leadership ability. He is good at rousing up a crowd of already committed supporters, but little else. He seems lost without his teleprompter, and large numbers of former supporters now find themselves wondering why.

The test of leadership occurs when things get tough, and he certainly isn't doing well now.

Your sainted Obama has no background at all... except for a few years of voting "present" in the cesspool of the Illinois Legislature and a decade of sleeping through the intolerant sermons and lectures of the Rev. Wright.
georgeob1

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 04:09 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

I guess our only comfort, then, is the absolute knowledge that he is doing a better job than his opponent, McCain, would have done.

Cycloptichorn

That's curious statement. How can you have "absolute knowledge" of the results of a comparison when one of the compared objects has not occurred.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 05:05 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

As President Obama has demonstrated very little in the way of leadership ability. He is good at rousing up a crowd of already committed supporters, but little else. He seems lost without his teleprompter, and large numbers of former supporters now find themselves wondering why.

The test of leadership occurs when things get tough, and he certainly isn't doing well now.

Your sainted Obama has no background at all... except for a few years of voting "present" in the cesspool of the Illinois Legislature and a decade of sleeping through the intolerant sermons and lectures of the Rev. Wright.

wtf Happened to you, George? I wouldn't expect such shallow tripe out of you. You really seem to have your nose bent out of shape by the guy lately...

Statements such as 'he seems lost without his teleprompter' are what I mean; that's grade-A bullshit, nothing more then the repeating of a facile smear.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 05:06 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

I guess our only comfort, then, is the absolute knowledge that he is doing a better job than his opponent, McCain, would have done.

Cycloptichorn

That's curious statement. How can you have "absolute knowledge" of the results of a comparison when one of the compared objects has not occurred.

It is due to the fact that McCain lacks either the intellectual capability nor the moral strength of character to deal effectively with ANY of the issues that Obama has dealt with.

Cycloptichorn
parados

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 05:09 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:

He isn't doing well? Compared to what?
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 05:18 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

[It is due to the fact that McCain lacks either the intellectual capability nor the moral strength of character to deal effectively with ANY of the issues that Obama has dealt with.

Cycloptichorn

And how do you know that? Do you have a link?
teenyboone

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 06:16 pm
@Advocate,
I'm not sure who, they want to resurrect, least of all,
old "Danny Boy"! He made George Dubya Bush, look
near genius! Where did they find him, Palin and the
rest of the "out to lunch", bunch? These people, open
their mouths and the dumbest schitt, I EVER heard of,
dribbles off their lips like so much slob! You then say,
WWWHHHHAAATTT?

Okay, BE a Republican, but talk like you KNOW something,
already! I've heard McCain say , "Ahm a Maverick" then
"I never said I was a Maverick"! Again, WWWHHHHAAATT?
Then, just what the hell are you?

Crazy Sara then exclaims, "I can see Russia from my house"!
She's either got X-Ray vision like Superman or a strong
telescope! Some idiot yells, "You Lie", while the President is
speaking and a person we NEVER heard of, become famous!
Incidentally, his 15 minutes are UP!

What do ALL these people have in common? They're ALL
Republicans! Why should I follow the Party of NO? They know
they can't pin this oil spill on Obama, because they're ALL in
the back pockets of BP, which is why a Numb-Nut like Barton
apologized for the government HE is supposed to be serving!
Like it's not your fault, BP, it's the government I was elected
to serves, fault! HE, (Obama), did it!

Yeah, while Bush and Halliburton were on the "take" from you, BP,
Obama managed to screw this one up, huh? Where's BROWNIE, when
you need him? So Jindal, you still want the oil jobs, even though Louisiana
will never recover the oyster, crab, shrimp and fish schools, you once had?
Which is it? I give up!
spendius

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 02:57 am
@teenyboone,
Quote:
I give up !

That doesn't inspire much confidence.

Quote:
Travel is Fatal to Prejudice, Bigotry and Narrowmindedness! Mark Twain

Could that be an encouragement to mainline oil? It is a remark characterised by prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness. Just jump on a jet plane and all your prejudices, bigotries and narrow-mindedness are cured eh? Is that what it means?

Have you ever seen cicerone imposters posts?
teenyboone

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 06:21 am
@spendius,
My comments aren't meant to inspire; they're meant to state how I feel,
just as you say what you feel. Re-read the quote. Mark Twain said it, I didn't, so ask HIM, why dontcha!

Are you as stupid as you sound? If you're in Ms. Palin's camp, you GET the government you deserve, which is why this country that Obama inherited
is way, "effed up"! Where was your mouth, when Bush stole this country blind?
Did they ever find the billions, shipped overseas, yet? NO! Greedy Cheney and Bush knows where that money went. Clinton left this country in good shape
with a surplus, which Bush squandered!

FYI: I have the utmost respect for CI, okay? Dig yourself! You talk loud, signifying NOTHING!
spendius

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 07:43 am
@teenyboone,
Oh yeah!! You do know what flak is don't you? Well I get plenty of flak. Are you saying it's all aimed at NOTHING.

If you quote somebody, especially in a signature line, surely you are in agreement with it.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 08:48 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

[It is due to the fact that McCain lacks either the intellectual capability nor the moral strength of character to deal effectively with ANY of the issues that Obama has dealt with.

Cycloptichorn

And how do you know that? Do you have a link?

It was revealed during the course of the 2008 election and the months which followed. I can't link to an entire two-year period.

Cycloptichorn
maporsche

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 09:09 am
@spendius,
She always pulls that crap spendius. It's usually not worth your time to engage her, even if you are able to read through the 'bat-****-craziness' of her posts, she won't be willing to engage in a conversation (unless you are whole-heartedly agreeing with her, then she'll be your best friend).

She'll post a 1,000 word article, then when you ask her a question about the content or her position regarding the content; she bitches that "I didn't write it, go ask the author."

That behaviour is cowardly, to say the least.
dyslexia

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 09:23 am
@maporsche,
thanks, I hadn't realized ican was a she.
maporsche

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 10:11 am
@dyslexia,
Yeah, what I said applies to him too.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 10:45 am
@spendius,
Gosh! You really ARE stupid!
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 10:47 am
@maporsche,
I must be in good company, then!
maporsche

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 02:08 pm
@teenyboone,
Yeah, you and ican are indeed in the same company. No doubt about it.
0 Replies

xris

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 02:16 pm
I dont know why Americans did not vote Moses in as president, he could have parted the waters and saved the chosen people. You dont want him to succeed, Obama, you just want an excuse to crucify him.
plainoldme

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 03:37 pm
A rare and endangered species of sea turtle is being burned alive in BP's controlled burns of the oil swirling around the Gulf of Mexico, and a boat captain tasked with saving them says the company has blocked rescue efforts.

Mike Ellis, a boat captain involved in a three-week effort to rescue as many sea turtles from unfolding disaster as possible, says BP effectively shut down the operation by preventing boats from coming out to rescue the turtles.

"They ran us out of there and then they shut us down, they would not let us get back in there," Ellis said in an interview with conservation biologist Catherine Craig.

Part of BP's efforts to contain the oil spill are controlled burns. Fire-resistant booms are used to corral an area of oil, then the area within the boom is lit on fire, burning off the oil and whatever marine life may have been inside.

"Once the turtles get in there they can't get out," Ellis said.

Story continues below...

Dr. Brian Stacey of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration told NPR last week that, although there are five different species of sea turtle in the Gulf of Mexico, the majority of the ones found affected by the oil spill are Kemp's Ridleys, "the rarest of them all."

Ellis confirmed that he's mostly been seeing Kemp's Ridleys.

Mike Michael at Gather.com reports that Kemp's Ridleys are listed as endangered under the Endangered Species Act. Harming or killing one "carries stiff fines and civil penalties ($500-$25,000) assessed for each violation. Criminal penalties include possible prison time and fines from $25,000-$50,000."

Michael suggests that, given the size of the fines BP could face as a result of the turtle deaths, the company may be happy to let turtles burn, as it would make it impossible to calculate exactly how many turtles died. He notes that the bodies of dead animals are being kept as evidence to determine how much in fines BP will be liable for.

"Is BP destroying evidence to keep their liability down?" he asks. "Is anyone going to stop them?"

Asked if he had suffered health problems as a result of being exposed to the chemicals swirling around the Gulf, boat captain Ellis said he had been suffering from "pretty wicked headaches," but said he didn't know "if that was just from seeing everything you know just destroyed and just disgusting."

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 05:59 pm
I am a bit surprised that no one has taken the time here today to talk about this. A Federal judge tossed out the Obama administration's blanket 6-month halting of continued deep-water drilling. The judge, as I understand it, felt that the claim that all operations were potentially risky because of BP's actions or inactions was a stretch.
The administration promises to file a quick appeal.