I LOVE editing the Urban Dictionary!

ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 04:10 pm
@tsarstepan,
I use the Urban Dictionary as a reference, but you make me want to check it out further..
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 01:25 pm
@tsarstepan,
Seen on Fail Blog:

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6938452736/h0E12878F/
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 12:33 pm
Quote:
Studies show 267 up, 106 down

A term used to validate some erroneous claim. Usually the sources of the "studies" are not revealed. People will use the anonymous "studies" as some sort of statistical evidence.

EXAMPLE:
Studies show that a person's level of happiness is directly linked to his or her involvement in community service.

KEYWORDS:
validation support statistics evidence bogus claims
by Turkey Trot Jan 20, 2011
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 08:02 pm

here's one for the UD...

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/149484_481142525293128_194304320_n.jpg

edit
already in there...
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 01:09 pm
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 15 Sep, 2013 01:07 am
Approved tonight:
Kodakblock
{koh-dak-blok}

noun- When ones cheap, rubishy cameraphone or ancient brokedown point-and-shoot prevents the user from getting something better then blurry ugly photographs. This camera tech incompentence usually happens when the photographer needs to photograph fast action shots, really important family and/or friends based events, barely lit or unlit nighttime photos, etc....

verb- to obstruct a photographer's attempt to shoot a good photograph which is a photo that's clear, crisp, well framed and its subject(s) can be identifiable by most people who looks at the image by simply being a cheap and crappy and/or broken smartphone camera or point-and-shoot camera.

Related forms
kodakblocking
kodakblockable
kodakblocked

EXAMPLE:
The morning after the wedding reception, Diane realized that her refurbished iPhune's camera kodakblocked her as all of her photographs were either too overexposed and blurry with its cheap uncontrollable flash or too underlit, underexposed, and blurry. Either way, no one or thing in the photographs could actually be identified in any of the flubbed photographs.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 11:54 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Submitted and approved my own word:
Quote:
humerusectomy
{hyoo-mer-uhs-ek-tuh-mee}

"noun, plural-mies. Surgery.
the operation of excising or removing one's funny bone, humerus, and/or ulnar nerve.
~~~
Joe: With the oil continue to spill into the Gulf of Mexico, the only company making a profit is the one company that runs Chicken of the Sea cannery.

Jane: How's that?

Joe: The tuna is already packed in oil when they fish em out of the ocean.

Jane: (((groan))) What a bad joke... ((sigh)).

Jack: How dare you joke?! Blah blah blah!! Overfishing... blah blah blah ... disaster of the century ... blah blah blah....

Jane: Jeeze Louise. It was a joke. A bad one at that.

Jack: Blah blah blah! Blah blah blah blah blah blah! Corporate responsibility ... blah blah blah... we need a violent revolution!! Blah blah blah!

Jane: It's just a bad j....

Joe: Nevermind him. He got his humerusectomy last election when Nader didn't win the presidency.

Jane: Did he ever have a sense of humor?

Joe: Probably not.
by Surgeontsar on Jun 6, 2010
tags: ectomy, surgical procedure, humorless, unfunny, jerkish, lobotomized

My definition no longer exists on the Urban Dictionary server. That sucks!
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 12:25 pm
@tsarstepan,
Just out of interest, do you have 'testiculate'?

Later edit....
Yes, it's already there.

0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 17 May, 2021 04:47 am

https://iili.io/BhWSzG.jpg
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 24 May, 2021 09:47 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

https://iili.io/BhWSzG.jpg

Not judging Region but whoever made this meme, wiped out the artist's signature (and since I'm Facebook friends with the artist), here's the important details for people who like to take a greater look into his work.

Source: David Danemen
His completed Webtoons collection.
Etc....
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 05:34 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
whoever made this meme, wiped out the artist's signature
(wasn't me)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2021 06:28 am
I just wrote protagonish rather than protagonist. I suspect it means when you're writing and you can't decide if a character should be main or just a one-off.

Feel free to do with that what you will.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2021 08:51 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

I just wrote protagonish rather than protagonist. I suspect it means when you're writing and you can't decide if a character should be main or just a one-off.

Let us know if and when it gets published on the site. I looked for it but couldn't find it yet. I'm trying to find the area on the site where you can vote for new words for publication to see if your new word is still in that stage of the process. But so far ... I can't find that option.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2021 09:01 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

jespah wrote:

Let us know if and when it gets published on the site. I looked for it but couldn't find it yet. I'm trying to find the area on the site where you can vote for new words for publication to see if your new word is still in that stage of the process. But so far ... I can't find that option.

As of "Update on Content Moderation March 16, 2021"
Urban Dictionary wrote:
Definitions are no longer moderated by volunteers. Under the old system, a definition was published when a majority of volunteer moderators decided it was worth publishing. We appreciate our volunteer moderators’ work over the years. Over time, this system had become dominated by a loud minority who published abusive definitions and didn’t publish the good stuff.

I guess that's a good thing.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2021 07:20 am
Stuff can still be submitted to Roger's Profanisaurus.

Just write to or email Viz magazine, they print new definitions every issue.

Here's one from the latest issue.

Arsejection moulding n. The kind of sit down toilet adventure that requires you to tease your nipsy roughly back into shape afterwards. A humpty dumpy that changes the way you walk. See also ( like a) hedgehog through a cheese grater.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2021 01:04 pm
Here's another one from the latest Viz.
bunt 1. v. In baseball, to bat a pitched ball very gently so that it rolls into the infield close to home plate. Whatever that means. 2. Of a goat or calf, to push with the horns or head. 3.n. The perineum; that bit between the bum and the ****. Also known as the carse, notcher, transporter bridge, tinter, taint, tisnae, tissent, crunk, and Luton-to-Dunstable busway.
0 Replies