I LOVE editing the Urban Dictionary!

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 10:18 pm
Just approved the perfect word for one of the most awkward moments shared by almost everyone alive:
Quote:
Ashnamed
adj. -

(1) how you feel when you run into someone who calls you by your name and for the life of you, you can't remember theirs, so you lamely say, "Hey... buddy!", or worse, "Hey... you."

(2) how you feel when you try to greet someone by their name, since they greeted you by name first, but you're not 100% sure what it is, so you call them what you think their name is, and it turns out that you're totally freakin' wrong.

I ran into my old friend Mike at the party last night, and for some reason I totally blanked and called him Paul. Ugh, I'm so ashnamed.

by rideguide on Nov 16, 2010
tags: ashamed, embarrassed, dumb, forgetful, dickish
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 10:33 pm
@tsarstepan,
Practically clever!!
Quote:
Unicorn
Contrary to popular belief, a "unicorn" is not a mythical being. It instead, is a single piece of corn, sitting by itself.

Example:
damn, i think the unicorn on the floor is over three weeks old...

by Renjal on Nov 16, 2010
tags: cornell, piece, corn, food, yellow
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 08:08 pm
@tsarstepan,
My latest submission to the world of words and urbandictionary. Hope it gets approved.
Quote:
Coote {Pronounced as koot instead of cute's kyoot}
adjective: coot·er, coot·est. adverb: cootely.

-adjective
When a normally reviled animal or insect performs an action that is somehow recognized as cute thusly making the normally disparaged animal/bug seem cute.

Origin: Word derives from the sound pigeons make. Pigeons being the rats of the urban skies.

Little child: Mommy! Look! Bobby's boa constrictor is giving my new pet hamster Silly Sally a bear hug! How coote!!
Mother: (Errgg) Yes. How ... coote.
(Mother hugs child tightly so the child doesn't see the hamster be swallowed whole by the snake)

Boyfriend: Hey Cindy! That sewer rat just scored an entire bran muffin!
Girlfriend: Poor skinny thing must be famished.
Boyfriend/girlfriend (simultaneously): Awww! How coote!

by tsarpigeon on Nov 28, 2010

tags: rats, pigeons, coo coote, cute, revoltingly cute, wall e's pet cockroach, coote, cooter, cootely, remy, ratatouille
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 03:49 pm
@tsarstepan,
My Coote submission was denied. I submitted another word but will bring it forward only if it gets approved. I will also submit coote again sometime today.

Today, I approved the following:
Quote:
Techno-ing
The act of dancing like an idiot, to techno music, until youre ready to pass out because you can't catch your breath:P
Lindsey's been doing a little too much Techno-ing at these raves, or maybe its the drugs:p
by pterodactylrex on Nov 15, 2010
tags: techno, teckno, dancing, raving, spazzing

I really like it! Quite clever!
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2010 01:07 am
@tsarstepan,
The following UD submission is a great literary entry:
Quote:
halfenfreude
Reveling in personal gain associated with someone else's loss; not to be confused with schadenfreude, in which one takes pleasure from another's pain.
After hearing the news that a new freelancer had bombed on a writing project, Alan and Laura, also freelance writers, felt a rush of halfenfreude at the prospect of additional work.
by porkalvin on Dec 10, 2010
tags: halfenfreud, halfenfroid, hafenfroide, hafenfreud, shadenfreude
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2011 05:50 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
Premature exasperation 161 up, 26 down
January 19, 2011 Urban Word of the Day

Becoming upset about something before knowing all (or any) of the details.

When my parents found out I had been in an accident, my father's premature exasperation kicked in. He freaked out before hearing that some drunkard had rear-ended me at a red light.
Keywords:
aggrivitated, freak out, spaz, irrational flip out
By Jerry8675309 Jan 17, 2011
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 09:37 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
Sugar honey iced tea :
667 up, 231 down
January 30, 2011 Urban Word of the Day

Sugar - S
Honey - H
Iced - I
Tea - T

It means "****", you just say Sugar Honey Iced Tea when you can't openly swear.
"OH! Sugar Honey Iced Tea!!!"
by K- K- KATIE! Aug 30, 2005
farmerman

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 10:02 am
@tsarstepan,
we used to do "First United Church of Kutztown"

Kutstown is a small town near Allentown Pa
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 01:06 pm
@farmerman,
I tried to submit First United Church of Kutztown in your honor a while back but was shot down by the editors. Sad

Today's Word of the Day:

Lent Trap
MARCH 6
487 up, 246 down

/lɛnt træp/ noun

In couples where one party is Catholic and the other is not, the unwilling subjection of the non-Catholic to the 40-day ritual of penitence known as Lent.
1. We were going to have dinner at this great new steak place on Friday night, but Joe's got me stuck in a Lent Trap.

2. My wife Jane decided to give up sex for Lent. Worst. Lent Trap. Ever.
by SuperRobert
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 04:24 am
Quote:
Googleheimer's 244 up, 31 down
April 21, 2011 Urban Word of the Day

The condition where you think of something you want to Google, but by the time you get to your computer, you have forgotten what it was. Very prevalent in the 420 community.

EXAMPLE:
I've got Googleheimer's so bad that between the garage and the office, I forgot what I was going to look up.
KEYWORDS:
googleheimers, search memory, loss, google, forgetful
by DigNbubbles Sep 1, 2006
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 05:42 am
Quote:
precrestination 166 up, 98 down
July 15, 2011 Urban Word of the Day
To thoroughly clean one's teeth before visiting the dentist for a teeth cleaning.
I ate a bag of Oreo's and then committed precrestination before going to my dentist appointment.
buy precrestination mugs & shirtspre-clean teeth cleaning dentist procrastination
by The Wads Jan 24, 2007
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 12:47 pm
Today's word of the day:

Quote:
carnevoyeur
A vegetarian who derives satisfaction from watching other people eat meat or hearing about the eating of meat.

Amy says she's a vegetarian, but she also professes her love for Dinty Moore beef stew and keeps telling me I should go eat Korean Fried Chicken. She's such a carnevoyeur.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/iphone/#define?term=carnevoyeur&defid=3537194
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 02:09 pm
@tsarstepan,
Today's word of the day:
Quote:
babe paralysis
A temporary state whereby one's motor skills are severe impeded by the need to spontaneously interact with an extraordinarily attractive women.

Jon, suffered a bout of babe paralysis, rendering him a blabbering idiot when he turned and bumped into Olga, a Miss World finalist, at the airport in St. Petersberg.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 03:00 pm
@tsarstepan,
Started editing the Urban Dictionary again:

Gave approval for...
Quote:
BOA constrictor
A bank that nickels and dimes its customers and finds every way they can do get money out of them, especially the poor.

I am planning to get my money out of the BOA constrictor fast and put it in a credit union as soon as possible before they take it.
by Occupy Wall Street on Nov 16, 2011

tags: bank, bank of america, boa, boa, constrictor, boa constrictor, foreclosure, debit card, debit cards

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2011 06:56 am
FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION:
My proudest submission yet.

Quote:
Oscarbuster 11 thumbs up

{os-ker-buhs-ter}
noun
a cinematically manipulated Hollywood studio produced motion picture, especially one lavishly produced melodrama, that has or is expected to boldly WOW the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and subsequently obtain a Best Picture Oscar award for the studio and film producers.

Similar to: Oscar Bait
With a touch of makeup, Harvey Weinstein aged Justin Timberlake to star in the producers $200million dollar Bill Clinton/Monicagate Oscarbuster biopic.

oscars oscar awards best picture hollywood oscar buster oskarbuster oskars academy awards movies films film awards award worthy oscar bait
by AcademynominatedTsar Dec 14, 2011

If you could give it a thumbs up, I'd truly appreciate it. (Not this post of course but at the page itself... please and thank you)
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=oscarbuster
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2011 09:28 am
http://images.tvrage.com/screencaps/14/2649/307983.jpg
Oscar/Buster?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 12:52 pm
Quote:
Shatner texting 322 up, 47 down
August 14, 2012 Urban Word of the Day
When someone sends several 1-3 word texts to complete a sentence, thought, phrase, or anything that would take a normal person one text to send. This behavior can cause the reciever of Shatner texts to have their phones freeze because of the abundance or texts coming at once. It can also cause aggravation and annoyance because the reciever cannot read the first text because the rest of the texts are strolling in. Not to be confused with spamming. Named after William Shatner's speech patterns.

EXAMPLE:
(Bob texting Mary)

Bob:What are

Bob:you

Bob:doing later

Bob: this evening?

Bob:I was

Bob:thinking

Bob:maybe you

Bob: and

Mary: Stop Shatner texting me!

Bob: I

Bob:could see

Bob: a movie

Bob: at the

Bob: cinema

Mary:*throws phone*

Keywords:
texting spamming text messages text ettiquite texting fail shatner text
by enzymes Aug 12, 2012

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Shatner%20texting&defid=6714147
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 02:08 pm
Working on this new entry. Any advice on polishing this trend setting drink entry before I hit send at Urbandictionary.com?
Quote:
Milk Gone Bad
{milk gawn bad}
noun, plural Milks Gone Bad.

a cocktail made with one part chocolate milk and one part whiskey.

EXAMPLE:
Anthony noticed that Georgia wasn't her usual gloom and doom self.

Anthony: What's the deal with Georgia? Why is she is happy and sociable tonight?

Theodore: You see that magic elixir Georgia is drinking? It's the drink of the gods! It's Milk Gone Bad. It's full of chocolate sassiness!

ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 02:33 pm
@tsarstepan,
That's a tad strong to me, gaaah, so you could say one or more parts chocolate milk, to taste.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 02:37 pm
@ossobuco,
I changed the official entry to the highball glass recipe with the 1/2 inch of whiskey you mentioned in the other thread.