You say you want a revolution?

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2011 08:15 pm
@farmerman,
Yukko. I hate soggy cereal, specially cornflakes. In fact, I quit eating cornflakes mainly for that reason.
farmerman

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2011 08:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yeh, I gaggaed a bit. I used to go rock climbing with this guy and wed camp on rock faces and eat breakfasts of something in bags or foils. The forst time I reacted to his cornflake eating habits I was grossed put. His wife has never let me forget it and she too is kinda repulsed by the practice but, he said that hes eaten his cornflakes that way since he was a kid, hes like 62 now.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2011 08:31 pm
@farmerman,
Sounds disgusting, like Pablum.
farmerman

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2011 08:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yeh, I think that Cyclo will agree that otameal needs some "TOOTH" to be good. My mom used to cook oat meal and Karima wheat for like a month until it was a glue and not a food group. My dad put a stop to it casue he hated it cooked that way also. My wife taught me how to make good toothsome oatmeal with the "pouring the boiling water" over the groats and let em soak it in .
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2011 09:28 pm
I sometimes eat oats. I pour boiled water over them too. The old fashioned kind are my favorite. I add butter, honey and anything handy in the way of fruit nuts or raisins.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2011 10:09 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Yeh, I think that Cyclo will agree that otameal needs some "TOOTH" to be good. My mom used to cook oat meal and Karima wheat for like a month until it was a glue and not a food group. My dad put a stop to it casue he hated it cooked that way also. My wife taught me how to make good toothsome oatmeal with the "pouring the boiling water" over the groats and let em soak it in .

Every now and then I'll make a REAL thick batch of oatmeal, spice it up nice, and then... slather some chunky peanut butter on top.

On days where I have a lot of outside work to do, that's usually what I eat for breakfast. Oatmeal and peanut butter. At lunch I'm hardly even hungry.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2011 10:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Cascadian Farms organic vanilla crunch,

that is the BEST dang box cereal on the planet. Addiction, yes I have one.. to THAT cereal.

Take it dry on yogurt
in a litle zip lock baggie for a snack too. it is good that way as well.
shewolfnm

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2011 10:10 pm
and someone want to tell me why this thread is tagged with my name??

yall cant spell KELLOGG right Wink
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 05:40 am
@shewolfnm,
My wife likes it too.
0 Replies