Joe Biden is F**king Awesome

djjd62

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 06:00 am
just saying

hey media, lighten up, he swore, big deal

ebrown p

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 06:03 am
@djjd62,
Come on... that was not a mistake. Joe's line (this is a big f'n deal) was written in a White House conference room the night before.

It is a brilliant way to keep the victorious story alive a little more.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 06:10 am
The difference seems to be that Democrats say it when they're happy and Republicans say it when they're mad:

http://www.jcnot4me.com/images/Bush-%20cheney%20fuck%20you.jpg
djjd62

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 06:15 am
@Green Witch,
Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 06:22 am
@djjd62,
I love Joe Biden.

His whole hyperbolic speech (including saying "not to be hyperbolic but") and his line about how he knew it was torture for Obama to be praised like that but too bad was awesome. The dude is a goofball, but I love him.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 06:22 am
And Joe didn't call anyone an asshole.

Joe(Big Time)Nation
djjd62

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 06:30 am
@Joe Nation,
or announce the bombing begins in five minutes

dj(is this thing on)jd62
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 06:40 am
What did he say the "F" word to or for?
sozobe

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 06:55 am
@Philis,
Biden said "this is a big ******* deal!" to Obama, between introducing him and Obama beginning his own speech. It was while everyone was clapping and evidently he thought it wouldn't be audible, but the CNN mic picked it up.
Philis

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 07:03 am
@sozobe,
I can understand their excitement in the matter, finally they were going to use all their pens.
Thank you for the heads up on this vital issue. Shocked she said lol
sozobe

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 07:15 am
@Philis,
You're welcome! (That was a lotta pens...)
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 09:03 am
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:
The difference seems to be that Democrats say it when they're happy and Republicans say it when they're mad:

The difference seems to be when leftists say it, it's a joyous thing to be applauded and revered ... but when conservatives say it, it's a condemnable act.

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4862/13719983.jpg
Incidentally, of which Batman characters do these two remind you? There are no wrong answers.
Green Witch

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 09:48 am
@Ticomaya,
I think every politician in history has used the word. It's a very old word. I think the spirt in which a word is used should be taken into consideration. When a wife says to her husband "want to go upstairs and **** until we pass out?" it's a good thing. When a husband says to his wife "If you don't stop ******* nagging me I'm going to punch you" it's a bad thing. One must look at the context in which the word is being used.

In all fairness, there are probably a lot more liberal artists than conservative:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_dgcaLG1UvU4/S1cmAPJ-ctI/AAAAAAAADoc/jC4Rrk53BgA/s320/bush+999.jpg

http://www.bartcop.com/cheney-penguin-ras.jpg
rabel22

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 02:15 pm
I have heard kids from 6 to 80 years of age say this. Nothing to get excited about. Its just another word.
JTT

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 09:22 pm
@Green Witch,
Quote:
"If you don't stop ******* nagging me I'm going to punch you" it's a bad thing.

'*******' in your example is not bad or good, GW. It's simply an adverbial intensifier. Just because it's in a sentence where anger is expressed doesn't make it any worse than 'you' or 'going' or 'to' or 'if'.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 12:46 am
Whether Democrat of Republican, one would hope that our Vice President could demonstrate enough restraint to avoid uttering a vulgar swear word in front of an open mike in front of a national audience.

Have we really reached a point where the word "****," uttered by the Vice President of the US can be considered cute or cool?

I have neither doubt nor problem with the fact that Biden and Obama use four letter words at times, but is it so much to ask that they observe discretion and civility when they are speaking to the nation?

Biden is a buffoon. That he has had considerable political success makes him no less so.
aidan

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 02:57 am
@rabel22,
Quote:
I have heard kids from 6 to 80 years of age say this.

I find it sort of embarrassing for him. It'd be like if my Dad said, 'Dude - that's fuckin' huge...' and my mom answered, 'totally'.
I'd look at them and think - 'why're you trying to act like you're twenty - or thirty - or even forty...wait - how old are you again?'

Are we supposed to take these people seriously or not? Do they want anyone else to?
(And I'm totally non or bipartisan in my embarrassement for people who seem determined to act younger and cooler than they are).
sozobe

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 06:31 am
@aidan,
Yep, "****" is one of those dang slang terms kids today have come up with, nobody from my parents' generation ever said "****."

(Or is it "big deal" that's supposed to be the neologism?)
djjd62

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 06:36 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Biden is a buffoon. That he has had considerable political success makes him no less so.

i think you meant to say

all politicians are buffoons. that they have had any degree of political success is due to the fact that the electorate are buffoons also
0 Replies