Joe Biden is F**king Awesome

JTT

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 04:34 pm
@aidan,
Quote:
it WAS a historic moment - but now it'll all be overshadowed by the fact that the second in command of the most powerful country in the world couldn't control his impulsiveness and language until he was in private...you know - you want to continue to be represented by this sort of thing, when the US already has the reputation all over the world of being immature and impulsive and impetuous and etc. and etc. FINE...I'm sort of sick of being the lone American over here trying to defend our government when they can't even control their mouths...we ELECT these people to represent us and show some couth for god's sake.

Somehow, Aidan, I don't think that the Brits are going to be shocked by what Biden said. I doubt too that you will have to defend the US government on account of this; that's not the immature/impulsive/impetuous etc etc that people find, well, just plain dumb about the US government.

Likely there are many Brits who are saying, "Who are these stupid fucks that would want to derail a big ******* deal like this."
aidan

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 04:38 pm
@JTT,
That's not the reaction I got in the pub tonight JTT. It's all about self-c0ntrol. They don't think Americans have any. This just confirms their suspicions - and at the highest level.
JTT

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 04:39 pm
@aidan,
You know, Aidan, since Obama became prez, I can't say that I've heard any international criticism. I think any residue that you hear may well be the stink left from Bush et all. Tide don't get everything out.
aidan

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 04:42 pm
@JTT,
Maybe - but they sure were chuckling about this- just one more example of 'those crazy Americans'.

Why don't we stop giving it up so easily? That's my question.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 04:42 pm
@aidan,
They're just pullin' your chain, aren't they, Aidan. Is any of it really meant to be vicious towards you, as an American?
aidan

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 04:48 pm
@JTT,
No - they're always very kind to me and they're fascinated by America (the country) but they don't get our government and they ARE starting to voice doubts about Obama. Everybody was really psyched when he was elected - but I will tell you the rumblings have started in terms of not seeing any real and substantive change. And this health care bill they just see as being something settled for and thrown into place instead of anything like the real deal.

You know - I just hear all the time, 'You're an immature country'... so why do we keep giving the world leverage to say that ****?'

Why can't we start acting at least a little bit mature - at least while we're on the world's stage?

And I'm different- I don't want people who are supposed to set examples for kids resorting to profanity. I know I watch my mouth on my job and around my kids and others and I don't know why Joe Biden shouldn't be expected to as well.

Bottom line.
Irishk

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 05:04 pm
@aidan,
Obama said he hoped they'd make a t-shirt and voila...
http://rlv.zcache.com/big_fucking_deal_tshirt-p235166539803029982tdf9_313.jpg
aidan

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 05:14 pm
@Irishk,
Great!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 05:49 pm
@Irishk,
Yes, voting Obama & Biden out of office will be a BIG f***ing deal!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2010 05:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Our country has been a joke for a very long time...

I'm interested in understanding what you mean by this.

Sure, our country has been the butt of jokes for a very long time and I'm sure that some of them have been quite funny, but it seems to me that is something quite different from being a joke.

What countries are not jokes?
JTT

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 02:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You're being dishonest, again, Finn.

You're not the least bit interested in finding out anything about the US that doesn't add polish to your distorted images and ideas.

Quote:

Violations of Iraqi Children Rights Under the American Occupation

By Dr. Souad N. Al-Azzawi

01 March, 2010

For two decades, Iraqi children, along with all other elements of Iraqi society, have been subjected to grave human rights violations.

These violations began with the destruction of all civil services and Iraqi civil infrastructure by the US/UK aggression on Iraq during the Gulf War of 1991, and were followed by the brutal economical sanctions which deprived the people of Iraq of food, clean water, health care, education and security.

As a result more than half a million Iraqi children died during the nineties [1].The thirteen years of suffering under embargo ended with the American invasion of Iraq in 2003.

Another form of suffering was born in 2003 under the American occupation. As if the causalities of the excessive use of power during military operations were not enough, the invasion operations consisted of systematically burning and looting of civil services and infrastructure, health care centers, schools and universities, industrial compounds, etc [2]. As stated in UNAMI's report of November 2006, Iraq can be described as "a nation that has been plunged into barbarism since the US-invasion in 2003"[2].

Under the American occupation, lack of security, sectarian violence, deterioration of health care systems, poverty, massive imprisonments, clean water shortages, limited or no electrical power, environmental pollution and lack of sanitation all contributed to grave violations to children's rights and a drastic increase in the child mortality rate. It has been reported that one out of eight children in Iraq die before their fifth birthday [3].

The forces of the American occupation, and the occupation-assigned Iraqi government, grossly failed to fulfill their most basic duties towards the children of Iraq in accordance with the UN/CRC Convention on the Rights of the Child, Resolution 25/ Session 44, November 1989 [4]. The convention was ratified by 194 countries of the United Nations, except the USA and Somalia.

http://www.countercurrents.org/azzawi010310.htm

0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 05:13 pm
@joefuckingbiden RT @SRachac: Don't you think that Rachel Maddow looks like an effeminate Ron Reagan Jr.? I thought she looked like a masculine Ron Reagan JR
0 Replies