http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/2007/droidsales.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,621 • Replies: 7
No top replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 03:11 am
Wasn't the iPhone's initial launch like 5 years ago? Do you have any idea how many more 'smartphone' users the iPhone has 'created'?

Are you an iPhone hater? If it weren't for the iPhone you'd never have heard of a Droid (or wouldn't have for many more years).
farmerman

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 05:24 am
@cmacv,
I got a call from Verizon and they said that thyd give me a FREE droid (after rebate). Free sounds good. AND the guy said that they wouldnt give me the Motorola POS droid but the other brand, OF WHAT OTHER BRAND ARE THEY S{EAKING?
cmacv

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 07:23 am
@maporsche,
You are so right! What was I thinking? I'm taking back my Dodge Viper and getting a Model-T ASAP!!! and for the record the Iphone came out less than 3 years ago. Have some more Kool-Aid fanboy.
cmacv

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 07:29 am
@farmerman,
The Droid they are talking about is the Droid Eris by HTC, it's similar to the HTC Sprint Hero, But doesn't have the sense UI. Its probably a nice phone but it's no Motorola Droid.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 07:34 am
@cmacv,
haha...thanks.
0 Replies

cmacv

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 07:50 am
@maporsche,
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/1431/droiddoes.jpg
0 Replies

YankeeDudeL

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 07:33 am
I'm not an iPhone hater, there's no doubt it paved the way for the Droid. But if you want to give any smartphone credit, don't forget that Blackberry is pretty much synonymous w/ the term, and paved the way for all.

What I think is most significant was that if you wanted a phone w/ Apple's OS, you HAD to get the iPhone, and it's later incarnations. If you want an Android OS phone, you have many diff options.

Now, I'll let the Droid fanboy in me take precedence...the iPhone has a more extensive app store, sure. The diversity of the apps isn't much diff, there's just a lot of lower tier options of the same app over and over again. Android's open source def counteracts that. And while the Nexus One is touted as the fastest phone out there, it doesn't offer anything my rooted Droid doesn't. And the next line of phones coming out soon are only comparable to the N1, not above and beyond. For me, that means that I STILL have the best Android phone available, in an age when a couple months means your technology is outdated.
0 Replies