States' Rights advocates on a roll these days

plainoldme

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 07:34 am
@H2O MAN,
I wonder just why it is that right-wingers are always rude, below-the-belt hitters while the left takes the high ground.
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 07:36 am
@plainoldme,
Maybe you should spend some quality time figuring out just why the liberal left is so full of hate filled, fear mongering, racist liars.
plainoldme

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 08:17 am
@H2O MAN,
Oh, sugar, the left is not racist but the right is . . . in fact, it is a defining characteristic of the American right. Read the 25 March 2010 edition of the NY Review of Books for a look at racism within the Tea Totalitarians and read Slavery by Another Name by Douglas Blackmon for an historical overview of racism, then read Lies My Teacher Told Me to learn how racists controlled the writing of text books.
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 10:01 am
@plainoldme,
Your understanding of American history is twisted and false... no wonder this country is heading down the wrong path.
plainoldme

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 10:19 am
@H2O MAN,
Mine? If you can say that, then you deny racism. Go do your reading assignment, then come back and report what you learned.
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 11:39 am
@plainoldme,
Well of course I'm speaking of yours. Educate yourself. Learn the truth.
High Seas

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 12:00 pm
@H2O MAN,
Never mind that lady's statements, H2O - good to see you back on this forum btw - could we get back to the thread topic here: what do you - or anyone else following gun rights - think of Heller 2? I'm not a lawyer and have trouble understanding how any constitutional right can be "not fundamental".
Quote:
....In support of that rejection, Urbina opined that in District of Columbia v. Heller (2008) the Supreme Court "did not explicitly hold that the Second Amendment right is a fundamental right..."...

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=5645
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 12:11 pm
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:

Never mind that lady's statements, H2O - good to see you back on this forum btw - could we get back to the thread topic here: what do you - or anyone else following gun rights - think of Heller 2? I'm not a lawyer and have trouble understanding how any constitutional right can be "not fundamental".

It's good to be back!

Take a look at this thread
djjd62

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 12:14 pm
@H2O MAN,
it's good to see you back
High Seas

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 12:19 pm
@plainoldme,
Please look up "Heller", PlainOld - it's my understanding the man is pitch-black, living in an all-black, high-crime inner city, and desirous only of protecting himself and his property. His apartment has been broken into on several occasions and he himself has been assaulted and robbed. Please therefore drop this "racism" aggravation in your posts to H2O (a fellow - mine, not yours - life member of the NRA) as no racism applies here.
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 12:34 pm
@djjd62,
Thank you!
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 12:51 pm
@High Seas,
Seems to me that H20 called all people on the left racist and I have no idea who Heller is and what Heller has to do with anything. Prickly, aren't you?
High Seas

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 12:59 pm
@plainoldme,
LOL - excuse me for laughing, PlainOld, you've been posting on a thread whose title you haven't read, and commenting on a Supreme Court decision whose very name is unknown to you. You're so out of your depth it's pitiable - even for a leftist Smile Btw...have you heard of websites like....... google?!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 01:33 pm
@plainoldme,
Seems that I said something like the liberal left is so full of hate filled, fear mongering, racist liars.

You seem to think this applies to all people on the left... I have no idea, but you could be right.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2010 03:44 am
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:

High Seas wrote:
There's a very clear possibility of a replay of the government shutdown in the early 1990s, assuming that the composition of the House of Representatives after the mid-term elections is such that they refuse to lift the federal debt ceiling

I hadn't thought of that....

Few people have - except for economists and traders. And some of the most conservative politicians. This is an excellent summary of our dire situation:
http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:xC6ICAxNnLEJ:www.ifigr.org/workshop/spring10/Burman.pdf+peterson+pew+medicaid+actuarial+deficit&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShCdZ1qXmbxKqH9IWr5tWFzejyiAUvlR6DXsTNS9rPUV45tmSrtQjB5TUBfso6FDa4WyZ-4u_bk6WqRSMA9rcI9p7UHhJqbznkL1u_gaLrnDW44NzQIxhuCWazuSkIm9HF67lPE&sig=AHIEtbSmYS2gssC5URFvLCeubjw-G7UrJw

If link doesn't work as posted you can download the .pdf file: www.ifigr.org/workshop/spring10/Burman.pdf
wandeljw

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2010 05:13 am
@High Seas,
Thank you, High Seas. Both links work.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2010 05:39 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

.... as I understand it, their plan is to de-fund universal health care by filibustering any appropriations bills that would pay for it....

We are talking here about the just-passed "universal health care" law? Supposed to "reduce the federal deficit by $138 billion over 10 years", or at the very least be "revenue neutral"?? Why exactly would it require any appropriations at all to "pay for it" - Smile
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2010 05:54 am
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:

Why exactly would it require any appropriations at all to "pay for it" - Smile

Laughing Exactly! The man-child, community organizer in chief told us it would pay for itself and no new taxes would be needed.
parados

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2010 07:42 am
@H2O MAN,
The bill as written does appear to pay for itself. So the GOP will try to defund other programs and claim the deficit is caused by the spending for health care.

A specious argument and a dangerous plan when it comes to the nation's economic health.

When investors see that the GOP won't raise taxes to pay interest on the US bonds they will become worthless and we won't be able to borrow money.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2010 07:48 am
@parados,
Everything PrezBO has come up with is a dangerous plan when it comes to the nation's economic health.
0 Replies