Knapp Shoes

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 10:08 am
I have been wearing Knapp shoes for years now, I wear them because the soles and heals do not wear out for me. Does anyone know of a good shoe to replace Knapp since the factory has closed down? It's important that I have shoes that the soles and heals don't wear out! Thanks for any help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 9,447 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 11:06 am
@Victor Murphy,
I wore Knapp safety shoes in the '80s when I worked in an industrial setting. They make fine safety shoes with steel toes and steel shanks. Out of curiosity, are you wearing a steel-toed shoe? I found those steel re0-inforced shoes hurt my feet.

All that being said, even though one of their factories closed in Brockton last year (see the link that follows), they're still in business and making shoes.

http://www.dailynewstribune.com/news/state/x1959832707/Once-known-as-Shoe-City-Brockton-loses-its-last-factory

Try a Google search for Knapp Shoe stores. I did that and see hits for stores in Michigan and Texas. I'm sure that if you contact these stores, you can either arrange an order through them or online if you have no luck finding them locally.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 02:15 pm
Apparently Knapp as a formal corporation doesn't exist, but availability of its shoes (ordering online) DOES exist - through employees and children of the founders. Here's another link. This one is directly to Knapp:

http://www.knappstore.com/about.asp

"It is with this web site that I am proud to honor my father, Louis Grossman, and continue his legacy of selling a quality product to a specialized market place.

As an Internet web developer and a Knapp Counselor, I developed the first Knapp Shoe web site in 1995 which was later redesigned for Knapp Shoes, Inc., which was then acquired by Iron Age Corporation. In January 2007, Iron Age Corporation filed for bankruptcy and Knapp Shoes became an American legacy.

However, the Knapp reputation for being a high-quality product serving a specialized market could not easily be defeated by a bankrupcty.

I, together with several former Knapp Shoe employes and sales counselors, are rebuilding the Knapp brand, one customer at a time.

It is with extensive knowledge of e-commerce web site design and knowing the Knapp product line that this site seeks to offer you, the Knapp Shoe customer, the easiest way in which to order your shoes, belts and accessories from Knapp. Once your place an order, your billing, shipping and past order information is saved so that the next time you want to re-order your favorite shoe, or order a new shoe, your shopping and checkout experience will be a simple one."
0 Replies

ebell351

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 03:09 pm
May 3, 2010
At this time ordering is not as simple as it sounds. They just received financing and have procured a plant in Wisconsin, and will be starting production soon. Earlier financing fell through. The problem for me is I ordered shoes last February expecting to get them in 2 weeks. Received an e-mail saying because the style I ordered was not in stock, I would not get the shoes until the last of April or first of May.

I called them and now was told it would not be until the last of June or first of July. Plus if I have to send the shoes back because they don't fit, it would be another 2 months to get the replacements. They said, the end of August or first of September because they don't have stock yet. I just can't wait a potential 4 months for the shoes I want.

Please don't misunderstand this posting, it is simply FYI you will not get your shoes for another two months they have to start making them. I love Knapp shoes and will be glad when they are back on the market. Knapp is the only shoe I wore while working in the garage and for dress. The last pair I had though was the ones made in China and the soles cracked and fell apart.

When Knapp is in full production, I will purchase their shoes again, and I am really glad they are manufactured in USA again. I wore my work shoes 5-6 years or more before I had to replace them.

Ernie
qypeople

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2010 09:17 pm
@Victor Murphy,
i like snow boots
0 Replies

dkp404040

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 12:15 pm
@ebell351,
Ernie, did you receive your shoes and is the quality as good as the original? I'm trying to get my father a replacement pair for his birthday. Any answer would be appreciated. Thanks. D
0 Replies

KBFootwear

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2011 03:42 pm
@Victor Murphy,
Victor and everyone else who loves wearing Knapp Shoes - We are back in business. Due to the legal mess Iron Age left behind, we changed the name to KBF or KB Footwear. We are making the very same shoes the Knapp Brothers made since 1921, using the original tooling, dies and patterns. We've improved on the quality of the leather and made the cushioned sole even better.

Edit (Moderator): URL removed.

Thanks
Kevind313

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2011 11:33 am
@KBFootwear,
I tried the KBF website and there are only two styles available with steel toe (in the KBF Brand); one workboot and one oxford. The sizes for the workboot are very limited and there is only one size for the oxford, B:14. What is size B:14?
Do you know when a full range of sizes will be available for the workboot? Are there going to be more sizes coming out?
Thanks,
Kevin
0 Replies

kentuckywildbill

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 04:44 pm
I bought a pair of the new Knapp farm boots and was greatly disappointed with the poor quality. The leather was what I would call 2nd rate. The insole was cheesy and the covering wouldn't have lasted long. They are also not replaceable. One boot fit alright but the other felt like it hadn't been tightened over the last before stitching and wouldn't tighten up properly. Also, the laces looked like something that would be in cheap tennis shoes, not work boots. I returned them for a refund and had to fight to get my money back. They wouldn't refund my shipping either way.
0 Replies