2.1 is getting closer!

cmacv

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 03:21 pm
http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/04/android-2-1-looking-fast-furious-on-motorola-droid/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,445 • Replies: 5
No top replies

The Chief

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 04:52 pm
With Bugless Beast I have all the goodies of 2.1 already, and my OTA is disabled. Have fun with that. Best news is it looks like Adobe Flash 10.1 will be a direct download, not an OTA so that's exciting news too!
Ragman

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 06:08 pm
@The Chief,
Perhaps for those uninitiated masses you might spell out what OTA means? also, what is a 'bugless beast'?
cmacv

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 12:26 am
@Ragman,
OTA = Over The Air. They send the download right to your phone, So you don't have to download it to your computer than to your phone.

Bugless Beast= Is a ROM that allows rooted DROIDS to run a different OS version. Like the Chief has his DROID rooted and is running ANDROID 2.1, As I am waiting for the OTA and my Droid is running 2.0.1
Ragman

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 08:27 am
@cmacv,
Sorry, but once again I'm a bit unclear of a term: what does the term 'rooted' mean in this instance? Is that like an OS having a Root directory?
0 Replies

The Chief

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 09:21 am
Rooting is simply a minor hack that allows you to access the root directory of the phone. It allows you to install custom ROMs like Bugless Beast but it also can void your warranty if something goes wrong (it is, though, fairly easy to "unroot" if you need to turn the phone in for work). Go to www.alldroid.org and search for Bugless Beast. It combines the best of all worlds into a single program that runs the phone.
0 Replies