I. Walk. Right. Through. That. Door.

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 09:45 pm
Okay.

I haven't actually stolen anything (ever) but I'm sitting here with a $250 karmic comeuppance fan in my possession and I am incredibly tempted to say it's mine and I deserve it.

I mean, really, I had to pay for two visits from the electrician since the vendor royally screwed up. Two visits from an electrician = $$$.

And then they screwed up again by sending me another fan. And it is sitting here in my house. RIGHT NOW. FREE.

Well almostish free. The cost equals just about what I had to pay the electrician for the second visit. And... well.. they might eventually figure out that they sent this thing out and yakyakyak.

I'm not going to say (yet (and maybe never)) what I've decided to do but I'm curious:

Have you ever felt entitled (like I kinda do) to something that you really aren't entitled to?

I promise not to tell!

You don't even have to tell what you eventually did, just report the delimma.

Thanks!

Here's a lovely song to enjoy while you contemplate your story:

dadpad

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 09:59 pm
had exactly the same thing happen at work just recently.
the boss bought a concrete sander. the vendor said he would freight it. It never arrived. 14 days later the boss contactacts the vendor "where is my sander". Usual rigmorole. invoice number, con note number, destination. "we'll get back to you". they dont. another two days go by. we contact them again. same deal, we'll email you. several more phoncalls later finally they admit they cant find it dont know where it is, and agree to freight another one. two hours later they phone and say the original is in Queensland in a town with the same name. We can tell by the tone of voice on the phone they have NO IDEA
They will still freight anoher one, we'll have it friday or monday at the latest.
Meantime.. I am in at the freight depot delivering goods for dispatch that night. and LO WHAT DO I SPY a concrete sander with my company name on it. I take it home.
Didnt say anything to the concrete sander vendor. On wednesday (not monday as promised) the next concrete sander turns up at work.

So now we have 2 concrete sanders. I think the boss is gonna wait for the vendor to call us. Well They did say they would get back to us.
boomerang

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:05 pm
@dadpad,
Dang!

It is almost the exact same thing.

I'd really like to see if these guys figure out what the heck they did.

I'll admit that my feelings are complicated by the fact that the man who has been my primary salesperson no longer is working there and nobody will tell me what happened to him. This crap never happened when Ray was there.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:07 pm
one of my oldest local friends runs a parts house (chain store) and was to leave Friday at noon for Vegas.

he shoulda left Thursday...

made 3 trips in for the same parts (20 miles each way) and never did get the right ones.

called him Friday right before he was to leave and gave him exact part numbers for what I needed.

got there and he had left it with a honyock, who screwed it up again.
but this time he gave me back $20 that was incorrectly calculated against a ticket they had misplaced.

it had already cost me that much in gas.

Unless he brings it up, I consider it a stupid charge in my favor...
ossobuco

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:09 pm
@boomerang,
Don't ask me about the stopped up new Home Depot toilet with the child's orange plastic screwdriver in it (many months went by until this was figured out, mostly in my despair.) I washed it, and saved it as an art piece.

0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:15 pm
There was an episode of Roseanne that covered this....a second stove was delivered to her diner.

I'm gone for a few months and Boomer has turned into Ma Barker....geez.
boomerang

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:15 pm
@Rockhead,
It certainly does seem that at a certain point your time/frustration/other baloney is worth something.

It's just hard to know where that point is for me.

When I was in business I had a good grasp of when someone might reach that point and was ready with an offer to make things better if I knew that I or my staff had screwed up. I was willing to take the loss to keep the client.

The difference is -- I was aware of and complicit in the loss to my business. I had the opportunity to say "You're right. I screwed up. You deserve to keep it so please keep it with my complements."

And I usually made a steadfast client when that happened.

Honestly, I'm as equally tempted to test this company as I am to keep the product.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:17 pm
You bought a new toilet that had a toy stuck in it osso?

How freaky is that?

<shiver>
boomerang

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:20 pm
@2PacksAday,
2Packs!

Wow!

You look wonderful. How nice to see you again.

I think I'm more of nice, but upset, Auntie Baker than Ma Barker as I've been known to stamp my feet and yell without pulling a gun on anyone.
2PacksAday

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:49 pm
@boomerang,
In that episode, the stove company had tricked her by using small print...only the first few stoves were sold at a low price, then hers was double what the ad said, and the delivery guy was a jerk....so of course we, the viewers, instantly take her side when the second stove is delivered.

I know exactly what you mean by "testing" the company.

The exploits of Ma Barker, have been severely exaggerated, if not completely made up....hence my reference of her, as opposed to Mrs Parker...Bonnie.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:56 pm
I,ve just started to change the oil fliter. I've drained the oil removed the old filter and tried to intall the new filter.

It doesnt fit.
I have diesel oil all over my hands and up my arms. its sunday nothing is open i need the vehical to get to work on monday.
I look at the part numbers on the old filter, I look at the part number on the new filter, Parts guy gave a me a z312 not z313.
parts guy is a f'wit

We are gonna see if a z312 fits up parts guy's asshole on monday.
dadpad

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 11:07 pm
.....AND not only that but some azdhole has nicked my filter wrench.
ok so **** happens and I zoom down to the harware and buy a new one. the only and last one they have in stock. mad in tiawan $12.95. Oil filter wrenches are one size fits all arnt they. yep it'd be stupid otherwise.

new oil filter wrench is too small for the old filter. ARRRRRAGGGRA! so i was forced tov punch holes in the old filter to remove it.
i have now oil alllover the undercarriage struts wishbone etc

The new filter wrench fortunately does fit the new filter. which doesnt count as the new filter doesnt fit the pajero.

i'm going back to bed
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 12:53 am
@dadpad,
May fit if there's enough oil on it. If there is, it's probably not in exchange condition.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 06:18 am
Your body and mind will tell you what to do. If you can sleep then keep the fan.

If not, return it.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 03:03 pm
I ordered replacement batteries off the internet for BBB's mobility scooter last summer. Paid extra to have the shipping expedited so we'd have them in time for her to use her scooter for a series of medical appointments.

The package got lost somewhere in New Mexico's postal system and nothing except finally contacting the federal postal inspector and filing a mail theft report got any action from the local postal authorities. The next day, they located the package and it was delivered to us.

Meanwhile, the battery company had already sent out another set of batteries at no additional cost to us.

They were extremely helpful and proactive in the whole process so I felt compelled to return the extra set of batteries to them when the original ones finally turned up a month later.

It wasn't their mistake, they were just as much a victim of the shoddy and apathetic postal service as I was.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 03:37 pm
@boomerang,
Yes, it was brand new, as they say. It was installed in the spare bathroom, which, long story, I only use for the shower, the shower in the master bath being futzed for other reasons. So that new toilet was rarely used and I didn't discover its amazing slowness for quite a while. I went through the usual devices to ream it out, no luck. So... the guy who worked for the contractor who put it in and now doesn't any more but still helps out myself and some local friends - took the whole damn thing apart...

Anyway, the orange screw driver is now in my living room, along with some other art treasures.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 03:45 pm
@Butrflynet,
Don't get me going on our mutual local postal service. However, the people at the main post office where I had my books sent to when I moved.. were fabulous, fabulous.
0 Replies