Why nobody ever invades Switzerland.....

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 01:08 pm

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/754.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,982 • Replies: 24
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 01:15 pm
@gungasnake,
The headline of that video starts with "Why Switzerland has the lowest criminal rate ..."

Which is untrue. Or the official Swiss data and the statistics are false.

Interesting, however, that according to those data the criminal drug-related rate is going down every year while that of weapon-related murder and assault went up .... until Switzerland introduced new weapon laws similar to EU-countries.

Official Swiss weapon law ("Schengen-law") from 1997 (updated 2008/9)

This is the (Schengen) Swiss law about knives, ammunition etc.

Why I'm not surprised that no-one from killer-fraction ignores this?
BarbieQPickle

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 03:32 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
One of the towns/ cities in Switzerland has the lowest crime rate in the world, I watched a document about it. I can't remember the name of it though, I'd have to look it up.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 04:06 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Official Swiss weapon law ("Schengen-law") from 1997 (updated 2008/9)

Unreadable and likely forced on Switzerland by the EU and generally ignored.

Crime ALWAYS goes down with increases in weapon ownership. Who the hell wants to be a criminal when most potential victims are armed? I mean, the same level of effort along the lines of honest pursuits are more profitable than crime generally and when most victims are armed, that goes quadruple or quintuple.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 04:47 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Unreadable and likely forced on Switzerland by the EU and generally ignored.

Why unreadable??? You get it in all four national Swiss languages.

It has nothing at all to do with the EU - it's about SCHENGEN, which means for instance open borders without control.

Well, if it really would be ignored in Switzerland - you seem to know a lot about it by personal experience ... besides, of course, the languages and laws - the Swiss criminal rate even would be higher than it already, killer-boy
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 04:52 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Crime ALWAYS goes down with increases in weapon ownership.

Do you have any idea - besides your and yours ilk's fantasies - when a male military person in Switzerland was and is allowed to use his military weapon?
Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 05:53 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
Crime ALWAYS goes down with increases in weapon ownership.

Bullshit . . . unproven and unprovable.

Nobody invades Switzerland because there's nothing there anyone wants . . .
gungasnake

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 06:12 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Do you have any idea - besides your and yours ilk's fantasies - when a male military person in Switzerland was and is allowed to use his military weapon?

It absolutely and positively does not matter. The mere fact that there is a military weapon and somebody trained in its use in every house in Switzerland will have the same effect on crime regardless of whatever laws might exist.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 05:03 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

It absolutely and positively does not matter. The mere fact that there is a military weapon and somebody trained in its use in every house in Switzerland will have the same effect on crime regardless of whatever laws might exist.

What really is something why I respect your views about Switzerland so much is that you can't read and speak (as it seems) neither of their languages, perhaps you've never been there, but get a an absolutely knowledge about what's going on there.
Chapeau.
gungasnake

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:19 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Like I say, the country doesn't mater (Welcher Stadt macht Nichts...) The thing about potential victims being armed is universal, and the effect is the same everywhere.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 01:17 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Like I say, the country doesn't mater (Welcher Stadt macht Nichts...)

Okay. But your link says that the criminal rate in Switzerland is low, you were talking about the Swiss military (only active members of the Swiss forces have weapons at home) ...

Btw: 'Stadt' means in German town and/or city."Country" would be 'Staat' and/or 'Land' (or 'Kanton' in Switzerland).
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 03:36 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Nobody invades Switzerland because there's nothing there anyone wants . . .

Hmmmmm... well they do have a lot of rather nice chocolate. And there's the watches, of course.

Weather's crap most of the year, though!
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 04:16 pm
@margo,
margo wrote:

They've a couple of very nice days ... when they do photos for postcards.
margo

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 04:20 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

margo wrote:

They've a couple of very nice days ... when they do photos for postcards.

Zackly!!!!!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 04:22 pm
@Setanta,
http://idontliketoread.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/toblerone-chocolate-522042_800_418.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 07:50 pm
When you think about it... One other thing which having serious weaponry in that many people's hands would serve to prevent (aside from crime that is), would be rogue political parties seeking to import large voting blocks for themselves from the muslim world and calling people who dare say anything about it "racists".

Again it doesn't even matter what sort of laws a place like Switzerland might have on its books; no government or political group would attempt such a thing in such a country since the consequences would be too obvious.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 03:55 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

When you think about it... One other thing which having serious weaponry in that many people's hands would serve to prevent (aside from crime that is), would be rogue political parties seeking to import large voting blocks for themselves from the muslim world and calling people who dare say anything about it "racists".

Again it doesn't even matter what sort of laws a place like Switzerland might have on its books; no government or political group would attempt such a thing in such a country since the consequences would be too obvious.

You think wrong as usual and show again your ignorance of facts and/or lack of knowledge and education.

Army weapons (actually that should be singular) in Switzerland are given to the members of the military.
Which are Swiss citizens.
In Switzerland, only citizens can vote on the federal level (foreign citizens only in a couple of Kontans).

In a referendum/plebiscite (on federal level) only Swiss citizens who have the suffrage can vote.
gungasnake

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 04:16 am
@Walter Hinteler,
What I had in mind, and this should have been sufficiently obvious, was England and Sweden, and not Switzerland. England and Sweden do not have military weapons spread out amongst their people, and they DO have the sort of problem I mentioned. The connection, again, should be fairly obvious.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 04:56 am
@gungasnake,
Ah, I get your point now: that's why you posted that entrance about Switzerland and gave that title "Why nobody ever invades Switzerland ..." to this thread.

Obviously you only had Sweden and England and not Switzerland in mind.

May I ask now, if you mean England or the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland? Different laws, different status of government (England doesn't have one) etc.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 05:01 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
The headline of that video starts with "Why Switzerland has the lowest criminal rate ..."

Which is untrue.
What leads u to believe
that it is untrue ?

Walter Hinteler wrote:
Or the official Swiss data and the statistics are false.
What leads u to believe that thay are false ?