How do I fix unhealthy/bleached hair?

RadAndRandom

Thu 18 Feb, 2010 02:14 pm
@Ticomaya,
I have tried a similar Jojoba Oil thing for my hair... but the rest seem interesting; I will look into them.
Thank You!
CalamityJane

Thu 18 Feb, 2010 02:23 pm
@RadAndRandom,
You have stripped and bleached your hair way to many times for a simple
solution to restore it back to a healthy state. You have to be patient and
diligently use a jojoba oil or something equivalent on a daily basis. Do not
use any other bleaches and dyes while your hair is recuperating. You might
have to cut it short as this kind of damage will be irreparable. Healthy, shiny
hair comes from within and abusing your hair to the extend you've done,
will not help the least.
RadAndRandom

Fri 19 Feb, 2010 06:18 pm
@CalamityJane,
True.
After reading the many hopeless replies, I think I will have to cut it short. It looks too dead and frizzy right now... like an 80s perm gone wrong. Sad
I used up the last of my jojoba oil last night and my hair feels much softer, but looks almost the same. I will buy more Jojoba oil and stick to that for now...
until I find the courage to cut my hair short.. Heh. It's pretty long right now. I'd feel like I wasted all that time growing it.... Waaah.
chai2

Thu 11 Mar, 2010 03:58 pm
Luke....

I am your father.
Rockhead

Thu 11 Mar, 2010 04:01 pm
@chai2,
s'plains a lot...
0 Replies

chai2

Thu 11 Mar, 2010 07:51 pm
@RadAndRandom,
RadAndRandom wrote:

It looks too dead and frizzy right now... like an 80s perm gone wrong. Sad

Hey!

I had a perm in the 80's and I....

never mind.
RadAndRandom

Fri 12 Mar, 2010 02:15 am
@chai2,
Haha. Yeahhhh... probably wasn't such a great idea. Haha.
My mom had her hair permed in the 80s. And now she is almost bald.
Hah.
But anyways, Jojoba has helped, I think. My hair isn't AS frizzy. It's fluffy and light, and very thin, but now it looks much better. No curly frizzes all over the place.

And... what did that Star Wars thing have to do with anything? Hah. I don't get it.
chai2

Fri 12 Mar, 2010 06:38 am
@RadAndRandom,
Star Wars?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Fri 12 Mar, 2010 11:52 am
@RadAndRandom,
RadAndRandom wrote:
But anyways, Jojoba has helped, I think. My hair isn't AS frizzy. It's fluffy and light, and very thin, but now it looks much better. No curly frizzes all over the place.

You're welcome.
0 Replies

AngelaHill

Mon 16 Jan, 2012 11:22 pm
@RadAndRandom,
It sounds like you have too much protein or "over conditioning" which can make your hair super soft and easy to detangle while wet but dry to look like bushy hay. It also causes A LOT of breakage eventually. The best thing to do is get a super moisturizing shampoo and conditioner that don't have any proteins. Luckily that's a lot of the cheap stuff. Go to a beauty supply where people know their stuff, they should recognize too much protein. In the meantime, while wet, drown your hair with olive oil and pull it back as long and as often as possible. Good luck.
0 Replies

smith green

Wed 10 Jul, 2013 01:14 am
Hey! Im a hairstylist from canada...I just read your question and I think the answer is simple! Any hair that has been bleached is going to be more fragile then virgin hair..Home bleach is especially risky because you don't know the volume of peroxide etc.. that your putting on your hair..You should goto a pro who can montor the volume of peroxide and the health of your hair. Most clients try to do big jobs like bleaching at home and then end up having to spend up to hundreds on colour corrections afterwords, and not to mension major breakage. For the health of your hair and your wallet, i would goto a pro get it done right the first time!!
0 Replies