Pinch/Zoom from 2.1 emulated!

The Chief

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 06:20 pm
@Guit4rG0d,
So the dock display is stuck in Celsius? That's a bit of a sticking point for me, since I use that a lot
cmacv

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 09:33 pm
@The Chief,
im using the launcher and the gallery, haven't tried the other 3 yet but im liking these
cmacv

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 11:07 pm
@cmacv,
also iIdont know how or why but my email notifications are working properly now.only my gmail ones had worked right not my comcast ones,i would have to refresh them manually or reboot my phone to get them.
0 Replies

cmacv

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 12:04 am
@The Chief,
The_Chief;2284 wrote:
So the dock display is stuck in Celsius? That's a bit of a sticking point for me, since I use that a lot

just dont install the clock app im only using the launcher and the gallery and my weather in dock works just fine plus if you dont like em you can uninstall them
YankeeDudeL

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 02:53 pm
@cmacv,
Love the new gallery, but that's all I've had a chance to install. We'll def add these later.
YankeeDudeL

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 01:30 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
Thanks Jst and C, these are great!

I absolutely love the new gallery. That's exactly how the stock should have been in the first place. That is buttery smooth.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the new Home Launcher. I love the 3D app drawer, but the new layout for screens will take some getting used to. I really love the options Home++ has (notification turnoff, powerstrip, continous scrolling), but I'm sure the new launcher is much less laggy. If only they could give us those options (at least the notification bar turnoff).

I haven't played w/ the music player yet, but I'm sure it's an improvement. I have been using MixZing Lite to replace the stock app, and I def like it a whole lot more. I'll have to compare.

Also, I'm not sure I need the News and Weather widget. I love Weather Widget, and I haven't been able to customize the news I want (ok, haven't really tried, but it seems mostly political). It's a nice feature for an out-of-the-box phone, though.
The Chief

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 02:49 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
I love the new gallery, but the music app looks and acts just like the stock 2.0.1 app. Am I doing something wrong? :confused:
YankeeDudeL

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 03:24 pm
@The Chief,
The_Chief;2307 wrote:
I love the new gallery, but the music app looks and acts just like the stock 2.0.1 app. Am I doing something wrong? :confused:

You opening the right one? It'd be the second one. And if you're asked which you want to open, it's the one w/ the file name "musik" as opposed to "music".

I'm thinking I prefer the MixZing app, better, anyway.
The Chief

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 03:31 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
I have both "music" and "musik". They have the same icon, same functions, same appearance. How do I uninstall it? I don't need it cluttering up my phone.
YankeeDudeL

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 06:02 pm
@The Chief,
The_Chief;2309 wrote:
I have both "music" and "musik". They have the same icon, same functions, same appearance. How do I uninstall it? I don't need it cluttering up my phone.

I used astro, went to the file "musicinstallable", hit that, selected "open app manager", and then uninstalled. However, it's still in Astro, just not installed. You can then long press it, select "edit", and then delete.
YankeeDudeL

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 12:49 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
I've deleted every except the gallery. The 2.1 launcher was way too laggy. I'm sure when the actual update comes that it'll be much faster, though. Love that app drawer though. Can't say that enough.

Didn't really feel a need to keep the News and Weather Widget. I love Weather Widget Donate so didn't need feel the need to hold onto it. If it comes w/ the update, then I may use it.

Also wasn't crazy about the music player. MixZing is much better.
0 Replies