New in the neighborhood

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 07:19 am
Hello to everyone here. I've decided to register here cause i'm undecided on which phone to get next. I have a LG Dare which I still love but it's just about time for an upgrade. I only fooled around with the motoroladroid yesterday at the verizon store briefly cause somebody was hogging it so I played around with the HTC Eris which works pretty cool. So I am asking all who have either the Droid or Eris help steer me in the right direction. Thank you.

BTW...It's nice to see familiar faces on here from mobileroar.:cool:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 988 • Replies: 4
No top replies

The Chief

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 09:21 am
@darebrokenheart,
Welcome DBH! Very Happy Don't buy the Droid for the camera, because it sucks out loud. Shoots video in DVD quality, but the still shots are decent for a 1 or 2 MP camera, not a 5.

The Droid pulls in my Hotmail like a charm, opens links and displays webpages like a laptop. All on wi-fi while at home!

All in all I miss the Dare's ability to handle my music and arrange everything in CD order... the Droid is having some issues with that early on with a lot of "unknown album"s and putting songs in the wrong place. Oh well, learning curve and lots of firmware fixes ahead for sure! But I am getting over my Dare quickly as I discover more and more what this phone can do.
darebrokenheart

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 09:59 am
@The Chief,
Thanks for the info. I guess if I want to take good pix I better just get a digital camera. What do you think about the droid phone by HTC? Also I left a comment back on mobileroar for you concerning motodroid.
The Chief

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 10:16 am
@darebrokenheart,
Sorry I didn't see that one yet. I didn't look at the HTC at all, my choice was either the Chocolate Touch or the Droid. The Touch was far more music oriented and I can live with the Droid's musical hiccups for the moment.
0 Replies

Droid Motorola

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 10:37 am
@darebrokenheart,
I havent played with the droid eris but i did play with the hero which is very similar.

The hero was of not my liking. It was lagging probally due to the sense ui and slow processor. Browsing was a little more difficult as well since the resolution is not as nice. I was quickly turned off after a couple minutes of playing with it.
0 Replies