Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 05:59 pm
So it happened. The unthinkable. A 2 year old guest picked my prized posession off the table among all the other items that were there, and dropped it into the ONLY place where he had access to water...the toilet.:eek::mad:Sad

Of course I have insurance, so the reason for this thread, besides generating some sympathy!!!, is 2fold.

First, be aware that the deductible is NOT $50 as I presumed, but rather $89. On the upside, Asurion (the insurance provider from VZW) is giving no-extra-charge next day shipping to my office. All my previous deductibles I think were $50, but this one is higher for whatever reason...I complained to the site that they did a poor job of explaining why it was higher.

The second purpose of this post is to either generate discussion or have my question answered: I realize I will need to re-download any apps that I want, but if I paid for them, do I have to pay again since it is an open store? will it recognize that my phone # purchased them before? I know with iTunes,and purchased music, apps, etc. could be reloaded cost-free one time back into your iTunes...what should I be expecting tomorrow?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,487 • Replies: 4
No top replies

BucYouUp68

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 10:28 pm
@cp22gear,
Once you activate the phone, all your apps and contacts will Sync up. The only thing you will lose is the stuff in your Memory Card. If you saved it, just dry it off and see if the new phone will see it. Sorry about your luck, good thing you had insurance.
The Chief

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 10:39 pm
@BucYouUp68,
My daughter just sent her phone through the laundry, I found it in the washing machine. I took it apart and put it in a Ziploc bag full of uncooked rice for 24 hours and it fired up. WHEW! Sorry about your Droid, the SD card should still work though.
0 Replies

cp22gear

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 12:58 pm
@cp22gear,
so it came in today but im having difficulty activating it...thanks for the heads up with sync. the memory card is working from the old phone and they sent a brand new one with the phone again. today's moral of the story? insurance=well worth it; children arent.
cmacv

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 01:55 pm
@cp22gear,
yea they say if they get wet remove the battery than put in rice, if you try to fire it up wet it fries it
0 Replies