Motorola Droid 2.0.1 Download!

BucYouUp68

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 11:20 am
@YankeeDudeL,
YankeeDudeL;1403 wrote:
Nothing here either. Might have to force it.

I refuse, Very Happy
The Chief

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 04:13 pm
@BucYouUp68,
Well Buc I hope you get your update tomorrow. By force installing it I feel like I cheated by opening my present before Christmas and now I got nothin' under the tree :rolleyes: so I don't get to wait with you. Sorry!
0 Replies

BucYouUp68

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 04:58 pm
@BucYouUp68,
Oh I am sure it will be here anyday now........LOL
0 Replies

teddyearp

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 08:36 pm
@BucYouUp68,
BucYouUp68;1404 wrote:
I refuse, Very Happy

Well, I didn't as I posted. And really guys, I thought this site was going to be a great Droid site, but IMHO I guess it does kind of pale compared to alldroid.org and even HoFo. This isn't a flame on this site, just my opinion. After all, I didn't really even get a welcome from my post here:

http://www.droidmotorola.com/showthread.php?t=38

So, I guess I'll be going ahead and applying my own update(s), rooting my droid, and whatever else I can do with it. I am, after all, a bigwig @ hacktherazr.com. Y'all have fun! And. . .

good luck
The Chief

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 08:40 pm
@teddyearp,
Uh, have fun Teddy with all your rooting and stuff. Sorry you don't like the site, I like to think of it as a humble group of dedicated Droid lovers sharing tips and info. Other forums are good too but IMO they get too big and impersonal. I guess that's what I like about this one... it's like we all know one another.

All the best of luck to you and yours and MERRY CHRISTMAS Smile
teddyearp

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 09:29 pm
@The Chief,
The_Chief;1414 wrote:
Uh, have fun Teddy with all your rooting and stuff. Sorry you don't like the site, I like to think of it as a humble group of dedicated Droid lovers sharing tips and info. Other forums are good too but IMO they get too big and impersonal. I guess that's what I like about this one... it's like we all know one another.

All the best of luck to you and yours and MERRY CHRISTMAS Smile

Well, like I said, I didn't really mean to flame this site, so I am sorry. You are right. Other forums do get too huge and impersonal (and brutal sometimes). That's what I liked about hacktherazr.com. It stayed pretty much on track, the threads didn't get too huge to read and folks there were nothing but willing to help, as was I.

I guess I got a little bit butt-hurt about no 'welcome' reply from the webmaster here on my thread/post linked above. After all, I only have one feeling left, hehe.

So, I may just pop in from time to time as I have so far, just to show whatever (non) humble advances I have been able to do to this bad-arse phone. Oh yeah, it does make calls, too. lol.

And Merry Christmas and Happy New year back to you and all of the rest of you, too.
YankeeDudeL

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 11:45 pm
@teddyearp,
I'd have to agree w/ Chief. There's a lot of great sites out there, and I believe the majority of us are out there among them (a lot familiar names on phandroid, I know that much). What I love most is that we always come back here to share in the info we get. We're Droid users and lovers, and this baby is ours.

I decided to be patient till the clock struck 12 tonight. Well, my update is loading. Woot!.
0 Replies

BucYouUp68

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 12:17 am
@BucYouUp68,
I got my Update, now off to sleep. Another Brutal day of support awaits me in a few hours. Good luck in your ventures Earp.
0 Replies

iamthewinnar

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 06:32 am
@teddyearp,
teddyearp;1415 wrote:
I guess I got a little bit butt-hurt about no 'welcome' reply from the webmaster here on my thread/post linked above. After all, I only have one feeling left, hehe.

I wouldn't get to upset - it looks like the last time he was on was 2 days ago - maybe he's on vacation.
Droid Motorola

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 09:37 am
@iamthewinnar,
Whats new in android 2.01? Im not feeling the homepage.

The GUI seems a bit more zippy but that could just be me.
0 Replies

Raqiib

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 10:18 am
@BucYouUp68,
got the update 2 days ago....does seem to load faster....and less force closing
0 Replies

linmk2

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 02:15 pm
@BucYouUp68,
The update was waiting on my phone this morning. The update took place smoothly and quickly. The changes? As mentioned many times, there is a new lock screen. For me it's a mixed bag. I like the new straight swipe, as opposed to the circle. However, I liked the centering and fonts of the clock on the old screen. Another finding, sadly, one can not voice dial on a bluetooth headset. I had hoped this shortcoming would have been addressed. Perhaps latter. As another poster had mentioned, the Gallery shortcut did not function after the install. Trashing and placing a new icon on the home screen solved the problem. There is a new music widget. I like the new one much better. It does not take up so much screen real estate. Also, as mentioned before the Google search bar is no longer at the very top of the screen. A non issue with me. Well, that's my quick observations of 2.0.1.
0 Replies

The Chief

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 02:43 pm
@BucYouUp68,
Can you guys with 2.0.1 try something for me? From the pattern lock screen hit "Emergency Call" and see if the screen dies on you. I'm having that issue. Thanks!
0 Replies

BucYouUp68

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 03:28 pm
@BucYouUp68,
Mine does it too.........LOL. Hope i dont have an Emergency
0 Replies

linmk2

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 04:16 pm
@BucYouUp68,
I just checked. Mine is doing the same thing.
0 Replies

linmk2

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 04:56 pm
@BucYouUp68,
New update. I'm just leaving the office. I keep my phone in the car during the day. Just checked battery status. It's still at 100%. No Apps killed. This time of day, it used to be 75% with Apps killed. One of the issues that was to be addressed with 2.0.1 was battery life/useage. Looks like it works.
0 Replies

BucYouUp68

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 07:53 pm
@BucYouUp68,
The Screen is the big power hog on my phone, it always out classes everything.
0 Replies