The Chief

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 09:47 pm
@iamthewinnar,
I have apps that I can't get rid of! I drag them to the trash can multiple times and they still show up in the list! How do I get RID of these things???
YankeeDudeL

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 10:05 pm
@iamthewinnar,
iamthewinnar;826 wrote:
If you are using any widgets that reference the app they will come back because of the widget.

I mean everything came up. I'd kill em, they'd pop up again. And then other ones I didn't start did. And more and more until I think every app on the phone app was showing up.

Things have since leveled off and the phone seems operational again, but I'm still wondering why all this happened in the first place.
BucYouUp68

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 10:39 pm
@cmacv,
Remember, that apps can mess up a phone just as much as a computer. Not sure how to get rid of them completely on the phone. I would suggest using caution when downloading things, its a computer so things are going to happen. If all else fails, go back to a Flip Phone.
0 Replies

cmacv

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 02:39 am
@The Chief,
The_Chief;827 wrote:
I have apps that I can't get rid of! I drag them to the trash can multiple times and they still show up in the list! How do I get RID of these things???

i know with a computer you cant just throw the desktop icon in the trash to remove a program. you have to uninstall it or goto the add/remove program in the control panel. not sure about phones or the droid for that matter
The Chief

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 07:23 am
@cmacv,
Okay, figured it out:

Go to the Market and then hit Menu --> Downloads. A list of your installed programs will pop up. Click the one you want to remove and hit the uninstall option at the bottom. You will then be able to select the reason WHY you are uninstalling it. That will get rid of the app for good (unless you download it again from the market).

Hope this helps!
YankeeDudeL

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 11:15 am
@The Chief,
The_Chief;833 wrote:
Okay, figured it out:

Go to the Market and then hit Menu --> Downloads. A list of your installed programs will pop up. Click the one you want to remove and hit the uninstall option at the bottom. You will then be able to select the reason WHY you are uninstalling it. That will get rid of the app for good (unless you download it again from the market).

Hope this helps!

Awesome. Good looking out, as always.
The Chief

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 12:17 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
And good looking too Very Happy
0 Replies

iamthewinnar

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 01:14 pm
@The Chief,
The_Chief;833 wrote:
Okay, figured it out:

Hope this helps!

You can also remove apps under "Settings" then "Applications" then "Manage Applications"

You can also view running services here, set quick launch's, allow installation of apps that are not from the droid market, and set development options
YankeeDudeL

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 02:23 pm
@iamthewinnar,
iamthewinnar;839 wrote:
You can also remove apps under "Settings" then "Applications" then "Manage Applications"

You can also view running services here, set quick launch's, allow installation of apps that are not from the droid market, and set development options

Also helpful, thanks.
0 Replies

kikkoman7347

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 03:54 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
Dropping them in the trash isn't going to work. You have to go into settings and then into application managment. Then wait a sec as the Droid calcs the apps memory usage. Anyway, after a sec or two, you can choose the app you want and it will take you to another screen where you an choose to uninstall.
0 Replies

teddyearp

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 09:47 pm
@iamthewinnar,
iamthewinnar;839 wrote:
You can also remove apps under "Settings" then "Applications" then "Manage Applications"<snip>

From what I've found this is the best way to uninstall troublesome apps. We've got to realize that the Android Market is just now trying to 'catch up' with the Droid. This is a great phone, but it is also new to the Android market as it is one of the first to run Eclair (2.0). Myself, I go to this site here:

http://www.androlib.com/

before I d/l anything to my phone, make sure it is compatable with 2.0 and/or read the reviews as well.

And for me, so far, so good.

good luck
0 Replies