cmacv

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 08:54 am
Ive been really excited about the droid, i cant get mine till the 17th. im hearing all about problems with the droid. are they minor, major? i see that there is updates to fix some of these. for you peeps that already bought one do you still recommend it? are there plans for a new model droid? i bought my girlfriend a samsung glyde a while ago the thing was horrible, lucky enough they came out with a second model that was identical to the first except it worked, and verizon swapped them out for free. even though it works she still dont like it, which is fine because the next upgrade is nov 27th and i want to get 2 droids and the 2 $100.00 rebates will come in handy for xmas
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,525 • Replies: 30
No top replies

BucYouUp68

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 09:01 am
@cmacv,
The only complaint i have with the droid is the Camera Sucks, but they are working on a fix for that. Other then that, i have not had any problems with mine.
0 Replies

Droid Motorola

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 09:08 am
@cmacv,
I havent had any problems so far. Yeah the camera does suck atm but i think its more of an android issue.
The Chief

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 09:31 am
@Droid Motorola,
My only complaint is that my music isn't organized well. That and navigator can't understand my home address half the time LOL but I cannot recommend this phone highly enough. Start your countdown to getting your own! In fact, I typed this on the Droid's slideout keypad!
cmacv

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 09:41 am
@The Chief,
The_Chief;712 wrote:
My only complaint is that my music isn't organized well. That and navigator can't understand my home address half the time LOL but I cannot recommend this phone highly enough. Start your countdown to getting your own! In fact, I typed this on the Droid's slideout keypad!

sweet!!!!!
0 Replies

kbmagic

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 11:39 am
@cmacv,
I don't have any complaints, I love mine and can't seem to stop playing with it. It's truly like having a 'computer in my pocket' because it can do many things that I normally would do on my desktop - navigate, web-surf, dabble in games, learn about new technology...it's all good!
0 Replies

droid him

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 04:13 pm
@cmacv,
I dont really have any complaints either...well my IM plus doesnt stay logged in if i reset the phone. Other than that no issues. Also go to bestbuy and tell them that sears has teh phone for 149. I paid 149 outright no rebates no BS.
Les video

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 01:59 am
@droid him,
I am learnong on it all the time. Got mine last Sunday and am up every night learning more. As you can see it is3 AM and still here ha!
0 Replies

cmacv

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 02:27 am
@droid him,
him;745 wrote:
I dont really have any complaints either...well my IM plus doesnt stay logged in if i reset the phone. Other than that no issues. Also go to bestbuy and tell them that sears has teh phone for 149. I paid 149 outright no rebates no BS.

can i goto bestbuy for my verizon upgrade? or do i have to goto verizon
mclarryjr

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 02:13 pm
@cmacv,
My only complaint is that I'm losing to much sleep because I can't put this phone down. I love my DROID!!!
YankeeDudeL

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 02:30 pm
@mclarryjr,
Ok, here's one issue:

Last night was my first time using the multimedia dock, and I had two issues. When I received a call w/ it still attached, I tried to hit the speaker button. But as soon as my finger got close, the screen went black. I took it away, back to the call, put it to it again, it went black. That's not gonna fly.

Then, when I took it off, it stayed in docking mode. I hit the home button and got it to go to my normal screen, but it wouldn't come out of portrait mode. I had to turn the phone off and on again.
0 Replies

YankeeDudeL

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 02:32 pm
@cmacv,
Yeah, one more thing, in my notifications menu, it's saying that the phone is "Loading data, please wait..." When I click on it, it just goes back to the home screen. So far, I can't get it to go away. It's kinda annoying me.
0 Replies

nolig

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 06:50 pm
@cmacv,
cmacv;773 wrote:
can i goto bestbuy for my verizon upgrade? or do i have to goto verizon

You can go to bestbuy... But they do not have any accessories yet.
BucYouUp68

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 07:21 pm
@nolig,
nolig;810 wrote:
You can go to bestbuy... But they do not have any accessories yet.

And you dont get the New Every 2 Discount.
0 Replies

droid him

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 07:45 pm
@cmacv,
Verizon doesnt have any accessories yet either. I noticed another problem...the battery cover comes off very easily. I have dropped my cover several times taking it out of my pocket. Its hard to look cool when you whip your new droid out and the back and battery fall off.
AndyDroid

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 08:29 pm
@cmacv,
No complaints here. I love it! I'm looking forward to seeing what apps I might want to download. One small thing - I did have the battery cover come off once as I was getting it out of my pocket. I thought it was a random thing - but seeing "him" mention it in the post above I'll have to keep my eye on this to see if it does become a problem...
0 Replies

YankeeDudeL

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 08:30 pm
@droid him,
Ok, now the problems are coming. I explained what happened this morning. Then, I tried to open a few apps and they wouldn't open. Next, I couldn't open the app store. Tried making a phone call, and it wouldn't dial out. About 2 hours later, I see I have a missed call (it never rang). I call back and the call quality is all scratchy and the dial tone sounds weird (like high pitched). Apparently, the phone twice dialed my g/f from my hip. I don't see how as I have the pattern unlock thing.

So, how was everyone else's day?
iamthewinnar

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 09:03 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
YankeeDudeL;817 wrote:
Ok, now the problems are coming. I explained what happened this morning. Then, I tried to open a few apps and they wouldn't open. Next, I couldn't open the app store. Tried making a phone call, and it wouldn't dial out. About 2 hours later, I see I have a missed call (it never rang). I call back and the call quality is all scratchy and the dial tone sounds weird (like high pitched). Apparently, the phone twice dialed my g/f from my hip. I don't see how as I have the pattern unlock thing.

So, how was everyone else's day?

I've noticed that issues like this seem to resolve around memory / processing I find things will start opening / transitioning slowly, then I open up "taskiller" (app I downloaded, very useful) and I will see things in there that I don't remember opening (like corporate calendar) I close some programs to free up the memory / processor and it starts running smoothly again.
YankeeDudeL

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 09:26 pm
@iamthewinnar,
iamthewinnar;822 wrote:
I've noticed that issues like this seem to resolve around memory / processing I find things will start opening / transitioning slowly, then I open up "taskiller" (app I downloaded, very useful) and I will see things in there that I don't remember opening (like corporate calendar) I close some programs to free up the memory / processor and it starts running smoothly again.

That's another issue. I went to my Taskiller and killed a bunch of stuff. Then, while I'm still in the app, things started popping up that I already killed. And kept popping up. Like every app I DLed.

If this was my computer, I'd say I DL a virus. I don't know how they work w/ phones, but this is just completely crazy.
iamthewinnar

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 09:40 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
YankeeDudeL;824 wrote:
That's another issue. I went to my Taskiller and killed a bunch of stuff. Then, while I'm still in the app, things started popping up that I already killed. And kept popping up. Like every app I DLed.

If this was my computer, I'd say I DL a virus. I don't know how they work w/ phones, but this is just completely crazy.

If you are using any widgets that reference the app they will come back because of the widget.