Motorola Droid Dislikes ?

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2009 09:55 am
Most of us dont have a real one to play with but there have been a bunch of video. Here are my couple of dislikes.

One thing that is a common issue is the qwerty keyboard buttons are super thin making it difficult to type. My favorite things about a blackberry is the fact the keyboard was very easy to type on. The other gripe i can tell from the video are the alignment of the keys on the keyboard.

I would really like to see an update with more screen options. The hero has 7 and the droid has only 3.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,450 • Replies: 6
No top replies

BucYouUp68

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2009 11:17 am
@Droid Motorola,
I think it will just be a learning curve, when i got my BB i had to get used to it too. New Phone means adapting to it. It cracks me up with all the complaints on new phones. You always have to adapt to a new phone, once you get used to it, you trase it for a new one....LOL
iamthewinnar

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2009 11:48 am
@BucYouUp68,
BucYouUp68;239 wrote:
I think it will just be a learning curve, when i got my BB i had to get used to it too. New Phone means adapting to it. It cracks me up with all the complaints on new phones. You always have to adapt to a new phone, once you get used to it, you trase it for a new one....LOL

I agree - I love the keyboard layout on my LG ENV - The biggest difference I see though on the droid is that the space bar is in the center instead of the sides... that will take some getting used to... I think the fact that the keyboard key's are flush instead of raised will take some getting used to too but I think the good in the phone highly outweighs the bad.

I agree that I would like to see more screens - 3 seems a little low I'd be happy with 1 or 2 more though.

I think it will take some getting used to a slider again... The last slider I had was the LG VX6600
The Chief

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2009 04:31 pm
@iamthewinnar,
I've never owned a phone with a slider or a full keyboard so I guess the Droid won't disappoint me as much as it will others. I AM disappointed that the browser doesn't support FLASH out of the box, since so many websites are built using FLASH. They had better release FLASH 10 next year as promised without VZW getting their hands into it.
teddyearp

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2009 06:54 pm
@The Chief,
I've got one, maybe, as IMHO how can we all really have likes/dislikes about a phone that none of us own?

But it may be according to the user manual and other info I've read that it 'may not' support BT voice dialing out of the box, and worse, this may be hard coded into the Android f/w. This was the last straw on my Ozone and something I have grown so used to on my Moto phones. You press the button on your BT headset, the phone answers back, "Say a Command", and you can tell it to call curt or whatever and off it goes. Heck, on my Nap, I can say "Check Status", and it will give me the whole run down, battery level, signal strength, unread messages (all types), etc. On my LG phones, they had to have this feature activated and then be trained for my voice.

So, I certainly hope this is either wrong, or at least it's not hard coded into the f/w.
0 Replies

cp22gear

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 09:45 am
@Droid Motorola,
I mentioned this on another thread, but I'll throw it on here too. I'm a little anxious about the Droids 512MB RAM. I hope it's enough to run my chosen apps over the course of 2 years. Anyone think its not going to be a problem?

Also, what are the document and spreadsheet capabilities? Ive heard little on that.
The Chief

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 03:47 pm
@cp22gear,
I am very concerned about my music. With the Dare, everything is in CD order and nicely organized. I have copied all my music, videos and pics from my Dare into a folder on my PC so I can drag & drop to the Droid. But will the Droid automatically sort into CDs again, or will it be one big jumbled mess? I guess time will tell, as I have read no reviews on how well the music function actually sorts music.
0 Replies