Are you a fan of interchangable batteries or rather have it built in?

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 09:58 am
It definately saves time once your batter is busted.

Are you a fan of the interchangable batteries or not?

Im not sure since i have a hard enough time charging the battery im using let along the backup battery. I couldnt live without a car charger. I definately need a usb charger option since im always around a computer or usb port.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,831 • Replies: 8
No top replies

norm428

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 12:23 pm
@Droid Motorola,
I can't imagine preferring a non replaceable battery. I've had iPods in the best and when the battery died, you were screwed. Much easier if you can just open the back and replace the battery. What advantage is there in a non replaceable battery?
mikecitron

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 02:37 pm
@norm428,
Gotta have a replaceable battery.
ginofs

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 03:43 pm
@mikecitron,
I had the experience of dropping my LG Dare in the toilet. I immediately took the back off and removed the battery, to keep the electronics from getting fried. I blew the thing out with compressed air (with the back OFF). I then dried it over a couple of nights with a dessicant in a big zip-lock bag. Again, the back was off, the battery out. Everything dried out perfectly, and the phone is as good as new.

Unless it was built to be waterproof, a phone (such as an iPhone) with a permanently sealed-in battery is NOT waterproof, and WILL fry its electronics - buh-bye iPhone!

Gino
Droid Motorola

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 12:25 am
@ginofs,
I havent dropped my phone in the toilet but i can so picture myself doing it more than once in my life Very Happy
rdearth53

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 07:42 am
@Droid Motorola,
Interchangable
tpriddy

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 01:56 pm
@rdearth53,
I'd hate to have to give into battery replacement extortion prices or have to void my warranty and whip out the soldering iron.

After trying the spare battery swap startegy with my RAZR, I've given up on cradle chargers. For the Dare I only charge in the phone. I now only trust the phone electronics to not dramatically shorten battery life.

Charging my Dare battery in the phone only, I still, after a year, get more than a week use from a couple hour charge.
The Chief

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 02:14 pm
@tpriddy,
Need new battery?
Interchangeable is best
Easy to replace Very HappyVery Happy
0 Replies

iamthewinnar

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 04:55 pm
@Droid Motorola,
Interchangeable all the way... My phones tend to outlast their batteries...
0 Replies