garbagge disposal squirts water

dimone

Mon 8 Feb, 2010 09:25 pm
when turned on with the water running into it, the garbage disposal in our double kitchen sink will squirt water & garbage up out of the other sink. I have used boiling water and drain cleaner in both sink drains and ground up ice cubes in the disposal. No improvement.
I'm ready to remove the drain pipes & traps to check them and then check out the horizontal drain pipe. Any other ideas? thanks. chuck
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 3,571 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

edgarblythe

Mon 8 Feb, 2010 09:27 pm
You have a clogged drain. An auger may be the best solution.
0 Replies

parados

Mon 8 Feb, 2010 09:57 pm
@dimone,
It sounds like it is clogged after both sink and disposal meet. My first thought would be to check the trap. I have seen egg shells clog it up. Too heavy to drain so they sit there and build up and drain cleaner won't take care of it.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Tue 9 Feb, 2010 02:07 pm
Fill your sink with 2 - 3 inches of water, then run the disposal with the water running and remove the stopper in the sink.

The entire mess should move out quickly. If it does not, then there is a clog. If it does, then what you are experiencing is just a drain pipe that slants wrong.
0 Replies