Rainsoft Older Softener

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 08:21 am
Hi guys I have an older softener with a green salt tank, tan in color main tank with an old Rainsoft "Brain" on top with several manual dials. I plugged it in for the first time and the dial says turn two clicks to regenerate. I did and it ran for 5 hours seemed way to long.I do not know what the black dial is supposed to be on rinse, soak, fast rinse etc...any help would be greatly appreciated. Also will there always be a pretty loud noise going into the softener from the main water supply?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 806 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Joethewaterguy

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 02:41 pm
@Delume01,
5 hours is way too long for the regen cycle. It sounds like the timer mech is sticking in the middle of the cycle. Did you just move in and it was there? doe's it really have a black dial? or black knob in the center of a yellow or green dial? The numbers on the dial represent the minutes that it runs through that part of the cycle, switches on the bottom turn the drive motor on and switches on the back next to the cams shut it back off. I don't know about a loud noise,is it all the time?
0 Replies