Hague vs Avantapure

dansav

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 11:53 am
I have made my decision to purchase one of these systems to soften water and remove Chlorine. The Hauge ($2,200) does it all in one unit and the Avantapure ($2,900) requires two.

Hauge has only 1 Cu ft of Resin for softening and the Avantapure has 1.5 Cu ft. My water has a hardness of 13grains. Of course the Avantapure dealer is telling me the Hague will cost more money overtime to operate because it would need to regen more. The Hauge dealer is telling me they are more efficient then the Avantapure and they both would regen about the same amount over the course of a year, but the Hauge regen process is more efficient.

From what I have read and learned is the Hauge uses 1lb of salt for every 5,500 grains and the Avantapure is 1ld to every 4,500 grains. Both use the about the same amount of H2O during regen and the Hauge is supposed to regen in 30 mins where the Avantapure takes 1.5 hours.

My question is how do I cut through all this clutter? What I want is a reliable efficient unit that is backed by a good manufacture and my dealer is customer oriented. As far as dealers go I know I am in good hands, so it's the other items I would like input on.

Thanks,

Dan
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,534 • Replies: 0
No top replies