Kanye was right. Taylor Swift is an untalented, undeserving clown

panzade

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2016 12:58 pm
@engineer,
An interesting article proving that Swift is a young woman going through the same stages that young women go through.
Zerocoolo

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2016 05:38 am
@kickycan,
I think many people have many opinions about it
maybe someone thinks she's brilliant
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2016 06:50 am
@panzade,
Quote:
An interesting article proving that Swift is a young woman going through the same stages that young women go through
Except she gets about 80 MILLION a year to go through em in public.
Ragman

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2016 12:29 pm
@farmerman,
... and on top of all of this she is related to Tom Swift!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 04:13 am
Kanye wrote in his lyrics that he made Swift a star.
Now he's begging for help because he's 50 million in debt.
Meanwhile Taylor's acceptance speech at the Grammy's was a measured and low-keyed rebuke to all the people that undercut her success.
Why is this important?
Women in our society are finally starting to become empowered and we even have a woman running for the presidential office.
It's about time.
Swift's earned my respect.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbT1_h3W4AARfda.jpg
Setanta

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 04:56 am
That was classy on her part. I have absolutely no idea who this woman is. But then, i only barely know who Kanye is. I saw this thread title for years and skipped over it.

Scorecards Scorecards
Get yer scorecards
Can't tell the players widout a scorecard

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 05:06 am
Oh My God

Taylor Swift is her actual, on her birth certificate name. What is wrong with that child ? ! ? ! ?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 06:32 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Kanye wrote in his lyrics that he made Swift a star.

My understanding is that Swift and West made up years ago, that he got her approval for that line and that it was a joke. I see all the articles about Swift getting back at West with her acceptance speech, but that speech is pretty typical Swift. I think people are reading into it. Swift is usually pretty open with her intentions, so if it was aimed at West, we will likely know for sure soon.
Setanta

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 06:34 am
I find it pretty hilarious to see a rapper saying anyone else is "no talent."
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 10:01 am
TAylor Swift made her speech specifically aimed at Kickycan. This thread had been a thorn in her side for almost 10 years
panzade

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 12:50 pm
@farmerman,
Very Happy
Quote:
This thread had been a thorn in her side for almost 10 years

As it should be
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 12:51 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
I think people are reading into it

Very possible
0 Replies

bertyboy3

Reply Sat 3 Feb, 2018 09:22 am
@kickycan,
What a brilliant marketing ploy, to play to the only quality that Taylor Swift has - that people pity her for her pathetic disposition and inability to cope with valid criticism. We are being manipulated by marketing gurus.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2018 02:57 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
She will be alone and heavily sedated as she tries to "clean up" before shes 30 and will be doing county fair side shows when shes 40.

there's still time eh

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/oct/08/taylor-swift-instagram-post-endorsement-democrats-tennessee

Quote:
In an Instagram post on Sunday night, Swift threw her support behind Phil Bredesen, the Democratic candidate for Senate, and Jim Cooper for the House of Representatives.

She wrote: “In the past I’ve been reluctant to publicly voice my political opinions. I feel very differently about that now. I always have and always will cast my vote based on which candidate will protect and fight for the human rights I believe we all deserve in this country. I believe in the fight for LGBTQ rights, and that any form of discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender is WRONG.

“I believe that the systemic racism we still see in this country towards people of color is terrifying, sickening and prevalent.”

Swift, 28, has previously maintained her girl-next-door image while staying scrupulously neutral in the political fights of the day, a decision that had frustrated many liberals.

(and I still wouldn't recognize one of her songs when I hear it - have I ever heard one? I must have - am I channelling ossobucco? )
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2018 03:01 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
Swift has the "love is magical" young teen crowd, Perry more the young adult "let's live life to the fullest crowd" and Gaga the "Life sucks but I'm going to get mine" bunch.

interesting to consider where all three careers have gone since this post

Gaga's really quite brilliant in her reinventions of herself.

Taylor's still a big moneymaker.

Where did Katy go? is she still doing big shows?
engineer

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 06:51 am
@ehBeth,
It is funny how all three stars are in completely different places. I think Gaga got tired of all the over the top showman stuff, but that is what her routine was made of, so she started over. I think everyone was blown out of the water when she did the national anthem at the Super Bowl and "A Star is Born" is getting over the top reviews. Critics now see Gaga as a spectacular singer instead of a spectacular act. I think Perry got in trouble because Taylor decided to use her in a PR war (which was BS on Taylor's part, but that is another thread) but mostly because she hasn't had anything decent out in a while. There will always be the dancing sharks during the Superbowl halftime. But the real story is Swift. She has emerged as a massive business and social media genius on top of continuous musical reinventions. She wields her social media power to power publicity for her music, then uses her music to bring eyeballs to her videos then uses her videos to power her social media mentions. Her music has transitioned from pop love is wonderful to young adult themes and she's been flexing her muscles politically in a few, quiet ways. Kind of funny given the title of the thread, but Swift really seems completely dominant both musically and on the business end and it's not an accident.
0 Replies

Jomeqi

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2018 04:02 pm
@kickycan,
Most singers are mediocre, but nevertheless all songs are popular and this is the main thing.
0 Replies

CherieG26

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2018 06:23 pm
@kickycan,
Agreed. Taylor Swift is crap
0 Replies