Kanye was right. Taylor Swift is an untalented, undeserving clown

Ragman

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 03:38 pm
@sozobe,
You're welcome. I only wish I could give you better info.

I can only comment that ... what might be available closer to the date might be single seats. Unknown whether or not the risk is worth it waiting for tix closer to the date that 3 consecutive seats would be available.

I'm not a good one to compare the relative value of Ticketmaster and Stub Hub. I prefer StubHub as they never screwed me whereas TM has..more than once.
sozobe

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 05:04 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

I'm not a good one to compare the relative value of Ticketmaster and Stub Hub. I prefer StubHub as they never screwed me whereas TM has..more than once.

Well that's useful right there -- thanks!
ehBeth

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 05:10 pm
@sozobe,
Find out if the facility will have a parents' waiting zone. That's the standard around here - drop the kids off, stay onsite but not at the concert itself. Apparently some of the parent lounges are quite pleasant - coffee, wifi, reading materials, a couple of big screens to keep an eye on the concert.

Two tickets are definitely more affordable than three.
sozobe

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 05:12 pm
@ehBeth,
Ah, that's promising! No idea that was an option. (Or might be -- I'll check.) If she has her phone I might be OK with that (if I'm right there).
ehBeth

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 05:13 pm
@sozobe,
oh yeah - on the seating location - don't worry about nosebleed etc - they're mostly going to stand and scream and watch the big screen regardless of where the tickets are (this is based on recent reports from three moms in our dept with daughters in the 10 - 13 range)
sozobe

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 05:15 pm
@sozobe,
Found this (the show is at Nationwide Arena):

Quote:
BLUE JACKETS BISTRO SERVES AS PARENTS ROOM FOR HILARY DUFF SHOW
COLUMBUS, OH – Parents who prefer to drop off their kids to attend the Hilary Duff concert at Nationwide Arena on Wednesday, August 24 are invited to stay nearby in the Blue Jackets Bistro as a waiting area. The Bistro will serve as a Parents Room from 6-11 p.m., however, food and beverage service will not be offered. Doors to the concert open at 6:30 p.m. for the 7:30 p.m. show.

Parents may enter the Bistro from the southwest corner of Nationwide Arena (intersection of Nationwide Blvd. and McConnell Blvd.) near the Ticket Office. The Bistro provides a convenient post-show meeting point as the restaurant offers direct access to the main concourse of Nationwide Arena with an entrance near section 118.

http://www.nationwidearena.com/schedule/arenanews/disp_arenarelease.php?id=244

Haven't found anything specific to Taylor Swift yet but seems like there is at least some precedent.
sozobe

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 05:16 pm
@ehBeth,
Makes sense. That's about what I was thinking.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 05:18 pm
@sozobe,
the same space was used for a Britney Spears concert

http://www.nationwidearena.com/schedule/news/disp_release.php?id=80
sozobe

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 05:26 pm
@ehBeth,
Promising.

Just was looking at Ticketmaster again (seemed to remember you can sign up for alerts for when tickets go on sale) and noticed that one of their purchasing options was for "accessible tickets." "Hearing Impaired" was a sub-option, so I submitted that (one hearing-impaired ticket + 2 companions) and it says someone will get back to me about that. It also says that they don't sell these kinds of tickets for all shows. So may not come to anything (or may be crazy-expensive), but figured it was worth a try.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 05:13 am
So I'm at a conference in Wenzhou China. I'm eating lunch in the rotating restaurant at the top of the hotel, eating Chinese food surrounded by two hundred or so Chinese conference goers. The music on the sound system? Taylor Swift's Red album, playing on continuous repeat. Over the last two days I've heard that album four times.
panzade

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 10:10 am
@engineer,
That's something to think about. I don't know what it says about Swift's music but it says something about the original premise of this thread.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 10:13 am
@panzade,
her marketing people are top notch.

I was not impressed with the talent.

all flash, no substance...
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 07:41 am
@panzade,
The original premise of the thread was flawed. Kanye was absolutely right - Beyonce had by far the best video of the year but Swift got the award. West never said Swift was untalented or a clown, just undeserving of that particular award.

As for flash and substance, I always thought the opposite. I think Swift is an excellent song writer (substance) but just an ok singer/performer (flash).

Heard the album for the fifth time today then finished the conference. My take from the whole think is that Swift's music is peppy enough to be popular but mild enough to function as elevator music.
panzade

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 08:00 am
@engineer,
Fair enough
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 03:31 pm
I was touched by Taylor Swift's performance at the CMA awards. She was accompanied by a host of talented folk from the Acoustic side of Nashville.

Alison Krause, Vince Gill ,Sam Bush on mandolin and Edgar Meyer on bowed bass.The harmonies were ethereal and the arrangement was inspired.
And the song "Red " sounded so much better than her pop version

"Lovin him was like drivin' a new Maserati down a dead end street"
And she writes some great lyrics.

0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2015 09:36 pm
Quote:
Taylor Swift is one of the most charitable stars in recent years. She’s remained in top spot on the Celebs Gone Good listing by DoSomething.org, an honor she’s held since 2012. The young pop star pledged all proceeds from her 2014 hit ‘Welcome to New York’ to public schools in New York City, raising $50,000 and counting.

Over the past few years Taylor has been known for her significant financial contributions to the American Red Cross, Feeding America, UNICEF and many more. With Taylor’s generous nature, we can expect her to continue helping those less fortunate with her influence and contributions for years to come.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2015 09:57 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

She will be alone and heavily sedated as she tries to "clean up" before shes 30 and will be doing county fair side shows when shes 40.

this prediction doesn't seem to be coming to fruition
panzade

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 08:17 am
@ehBeth,
I think FM was pissed cause Taylor replaced him as the most famous graduate of his high school. Very Happy
farmerman

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 08:24 am
@panzade,
thats unfair and untrue.

Id like nothing better than to see her become the biggest enetertainment legend from Reading Pa. (Beyond John Phillip SOusa). I just think she has no real talent that can be enjoyed without serious electronic augmentation.
She was at the Sovereign Center aome years ago and , of course, I was cajoled into getting tickets for the womenish side of the clan. I went along and its amazing how tiny her voice is.
UNLIKE some old pounder like ELton John who, at 68 , still bellows out his songs and jumps onto the piano , all in parfect pitch and at Threshold of pain decibels .

0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2016 08:12 am
An article about how Swift has remade her rep over the last two years.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/elliewoodward/how-taylor-swift-reversed-female-opinion-to-become-the-most#.hsxqvwVXx