Kanye was right. Taylor Swift is an untalented, undeserving clown

farmerman

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 03:09 pm
@engineer,
About 2 months ago, Taylor Swift's contract and entire industry was bought by ComCast (The largest cable TV in the US). Since then shes been a "flavor of the month " on all ComcAst venues. Shes been marketed like a SHAMWOW.

Too bad , because shes just a little shy girl from Reading Pa who has been sucked into the gyre of big time showbizz and her parents, conniving scum they are, are sucking up all the money and are living a high life .
NOONE ever leaves Reading Pa and lives.
Look at John Phillip Souza
Michael Constantine'
Ben AUstrian
David BAziotes
Joie Chitwood
Chief Halftown

She will be alone and heavily sedated as she tries to "clean up" before shes 30 and will be doing county fair side shows when shes 40.
engineer

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 03:50 pm
@kickycan,
Just for you kicky, Taylor Swift drops and breaks award for best album
panzade

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 04:25 pm
Hi Onyx, it's great to see you again.

The thing I like about Taylor Swift is that she's a terrific song writer. Believe me, very few singing stars write their own songs;it's a talent tres rare.

Quote:
Taylor Swift wrote her smash hit, "Tim McGraw," in math class. "I guess I wasn't paying attention to the teacher," Taylor told the Beaver County Times of Beaver, Pa., recently. "I was thinking about a guy who was going off to college. I knew we were breaking up, and I started thinking about the things he'd remember me by." She asked her teacher for permission to go to the restroom, where she pulled out her phone and left herself a voice memo with the future melody to the song.

Taylor, who wrote the lyrics to all 11 songs on her self-titled debut disc, said, "There are a lot of gorgeous voices and beautiful women in Nashville, so I had to figure out a way to stand out. I thought if I could walk into an audition and play a song that I had written, then I'd stand out. And that has really made a difference.

Mind you, she was all of 16 when she did this.
I AM getting tired of the constant exposure, but Nashville is a money making machine and when they find a gold mine...they mine it.

I like Beyonce too, but I think boorishness is never excused, in the case of Kanye.

2 Cents
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 04:45 pm
One word folks.
MAXWELL.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 05:06 pm
@kickycan,
kickycan wrote:
What the **** is wrong with the people at the Grammys?

I've never seen the Grammy's (and I have no desire to), so I don't know.

I did do a Google on Taylor Swift however and she's pretty cute. Good looks goes a long way in Hollywood (and politics), so maybe that's really why she got an award.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 08:00 pm
Pink definitely has a great voice and none of her songs sound alike.
Beyonce has a good voice but somehow her songs all have a familiar ring to it
Taylor Swift may have a good voice but she's commercialized to the max.
everyone is tired of her now and that poor thing is only 18 years old.
mismi

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 08:22 pm
@CalamityJane,
I agree with all of that Calamity. Except I do not think she has a great voice, it is quite weak. Her vocals are tweaked in the studio...but she writes her own stuff...plays her guitar...and she is cute. She seems to be a pretty good sport too. I don't get all of the hype, except that she is making some folks a whole lot of money. I hope she learns to grow and reinvent herself as time goes by. That will help her. If she really has talent, she will figure out a way to do that.

Pink is amazing. I don't like her in your face style...but the girl can sing and she has some great songs. I think Beyonce' is very talented as well. Certainly both of these women are better than sweet pea, but I'm not going to stroke out over it - KICKY.
0 Replies

tsh85

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 10:58 pm
TAYLOR SWIFT.....5 reasons why I hate her!!!!!!!

I've fast grown disenchanted with Taylor’s ‘Surprised Princess Of All Things Perfect And Oh! Look At My Hair. She’s like one breathless, blond version of Groundhog Day - Every time we see her she’s doing the same exact thing, and it’s grown damn old real fast.

After forcing myself to sit through (The Taylor Swift Awards) The Grammys, I've compiled my list of 5 Reasons Why I Hate Taylor Swift complete with a gallery of the singer busting out her signature award - accepting moves (the open mouth, the glazed over look, the hands on the heart). And while I must admit to feeling a bit guilty about bashing a girl who’s barely out of her teens, the Taylor Swift bullshit has gotten too strong to ignore.

* 1. Her ‘OMG! I can’t believe I just won this award! I mean, I’ve been nominated for over 87 awards and have won 59 of them, but seriously, OMG! I AM IN SHOCK!’ reaction every time she wins something. Look, we know it must be thrilling to snag a ton of trophies before reaching legal drinking age, but get it together girlfriend. Just because your song is named “Breathless,” doesn’t mean you have to be.

* 2. The fact that she kinda can’t sing. Holy crap, did you hear that mess at the Grammys? I'm starting to suspect that maybe Tay’s voice isn’t ALL THAT when she’s not being digitally enhanced in the studio. And we won’t take nerves as an excuse - she’s been doing this **** since she was 14, she should be a pro by now.

* 3. The way she flops her ugly ass hair. They polled people about why they loathed Taylor and numerous haters pointed in the direction of her hair tossing moves. Is her heavy ugly ass hair flopping really necessary?

* 4. Taylor’s sparkle princess uniform. We get it Taylor, you are a pure pretty princess, made up of sugar, spice, all things nice, and 100,000 Swarovski crystals and sequins in varying shades of white, gold and silver. The only thing more annoying and saccharine than her outfits are her award show speeches. Leave the fairy tale **** to your new single, puh-leeez.

* 5. SHE HAS NO TALENT....SHE IS TOTALLY OVERRATED.....AND SHE MAKES ME COMPLETELY SICK TO MY STOMACH.

When will people of the United States realize that the people on television are not there for their "talent" but they're there because some producer/record company needed to make $$$$$$$ so guess what...he/she will do!

They're willing to have a professional write all their music and lie about their sexual urges and exploits to make America think "WOW" this person is too good to be true. Music stopped being about talent in 1980. From there it turned into who can shock and turn you on the most.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 05:28 pm
@engineer,
I like those pictures. Her mouth is open in such a perfect "o". It makes me want to just shove my...um, she's not a minor anymore, is she?
0 Replies

mchrnr40

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 12:49 am
@kickycan,
You are so right! it pissed me of and I was completely let down when she won tonight again!!! She is so f....in amatuer and someone with some bucks is making her happen. I can't believe (and I got the sense that other talent was also) that she won again. She f...in reminds me of some untalented skinny, average, disney chanel pick-up with a professional banjo player accompanying her and the f...ing public is supposed to buy in that she is a f..ing country artist when actually she is a piece of **** compared to who she is competing with. Please post my comments where ever you can because I tried to find a comment page on her and you were the only one I found. I't's good to know that not everyone see's thru the bullshit -MH
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 01:21 am
Quote:
Avoiding overexposure isn't the only issue the 20-year-old faces. Critics have panned her recent live TV performances as pitchy. The Grammy duet with Stevie Nicks was no exception. "Now, everybody knows that Taylor Swift can't sing," influential blogger Bob Lefsetz wrote after the performance.

"They've got to figure out how to get this girl to sing on TV and sound right," says former Spin magazine editor Alan Light. "That's becoming more of a limitation as she's flying at that altitude."

Borchetta says Swift is working on her live TV performances.

"She's a very intelligent girl," he says. "She's going to keep addressing it and keep getting better."

But Light also points out that in an era when many stars lip-sync, Swift's less-than-pitch-perfect television performances humanize her. "The fact that it's not perfect, in some ways, has been an asset," he says. "That makes it all the more believable, to a certain point."

But, Light says, "she's going to have to deliver a little stronger.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2010-02-02-taylornext02_ST_N.htm

I have sympathy for Kanye, being expected to keep his cool as the cute low talent kid with a lot of money behind her walks away with all the awards and a lot of the money. He does need to get current with the times however, singing ability is not what it used to be when it comes to success in the music business
Quote:
Digital manipulation of vocals is routine in an era of pitch correction and Auto-Tune. Producers use technology not just to mask the deficiencies of weak singers like Britney but to make an asset of them, transforming a liability into a style. Femme Fatale is an album-length study in the possibilities of the practice. In nearly every song, Spears' voice is treated as a sonic plaything. It is slathered in Auto-Tune and roboticized. It is compressed into aural fuzz, stretched to form new melodies, collapsed into chunks of a rhythm. It is downgraded from a star attraction to a sound effect.

http://www.slate.com/id/2289681
farmerman

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 10:35 am
@hawkeye10,
Apparently, according to this AMs paper, she was awarded"Country ENtertainer of the YEar" for 2011. I dont know how she was chosen
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 04:46 am
I don't really follow celebrity news because it doesn't interest me. However, having read a few Gawker articles about Taylor Swift, that bitch is crazy!
engineer

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 07:36 am
@jcboy,
Well, if you date her, you know you will be immortalized in song and she apparently doesn't know what decade she is in but I like a lot of her music. Her current hit ("We are never getting back together") is pretty funny and very catchy. Like I said, don't date her.
panzade

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 07:58 am
@jcboy,
Crazy like a fox!
If you saw the interview by Katie Couric last night you got to be impressed by her strength ,talent and maturity.
I don't care much for her voice or songs but as a celebrity she's pretty well grounded.
Ragman

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 08:16 am
@panzade,
If she was a stock, I'd invest in her stock!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 09:12 am
@panzade,
she was writing her own songs since she was like 9 and she had been a local celebrity (I graduated from the same HS as her and was, until that point the most famous graduate from that school.
farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 09:13 am
@farmerman,
Actually I lied about being the most famous graduate from that school
engineer

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 09:51 am
@panzade,
That interview on Ellen looked pretty uncomfortable to me. I'm surprised Ellen didn't back down when it looked like Taylor was on the verge of tears.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 10:06 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I lied about being the most famous graduate from that school

You?

Lie?

The end of the world is near!
0 Replies