Kanye was right. Taylor Swift is an untalented, undeserving clown

panzade

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 10:10 am
@engineer,
A guy writes a song about a cast-off lover and it's poetic license.
A girl does it and she's a bitch Rolling Eyes
engineer

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 10:57 am
@panzade,
How do you read into my comments that she's a bitch? When her latest is on the radio, we're cranking it up, but Taylor Swift has a habit about writing about every relationship she's ever had. She's great at it routinely turning heartbreak into gold but you better know that if you date her there is a song in your future. As for guys writing break-up songs, maybe Phil Collins but other than that you don't see many guys writing Adele type odes to failed relationships. Of course the best revenge song ever is still "You're so Vain". Love that song.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 11:52 am
another male has decided that he does not want to be around Taylor Swift after a short period of time.

nothing new to see here.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 04:53 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
How do you read into my comments that she's a bitch?

I didn't...I was talking about the world at large.

Quote:
you don't see many guys writing Adele type odes to failed relationships.

There are lots...you just don't recognize them.
Justin Timberlake's Cry Me A River for one, about his break up with Britney Spears.

0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 06:51 pm
Taylor Swift's newest album sells 1.2 million copies in the first week, the best of any album in 10 years.
Ragman

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 06:57 pm
@engineer,
I wonder if she had been homely or even average-looking, whether or nor she'd sell about 1000 records?

It's not my type of music; however, she's not talentless like some. She knows how to write songs and I don't detect she sings either off-key or fills the air with screechy bombastic runs.

OTOH, then there's Lady Gaga. Now, her I resent.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 07:39 pm
@Ragman,
Gaga is at least ten times more telented then is Swift..and I say that long are having gotten tired of Gaga.
engineer

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 08:30 pm
@hawkeye10,
I don't think so. I think Gaga is the better showman and markets herself better but Swift writes and performs all her own songs and a lot of them are pretty good. I do think that Swift, Perry and Gaga each attract a different audience. Swift has the "love is magical" young teen crowd, Perry more the young adult "let's live life to the fullest crowd" and Gaga the "Life sucks but I'm going to get mine" bunch.
Enzo

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 08:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
Well all I can say is, her music videos are... well let's say interesting... compare to Swift's. Strange creativity, I'd say. Talent? Well that is a subjective thing and everyone has a different definition of talent.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 10:29 pm
@Enzo,
Enzo wrote:

Well all I can say is, her music videos are... well let's say interesting... compare to Swift's. Strange creativity, I'd say. Talent? Well that is a subjective thing and everyone has a different definition of talent.

not at all....Swift is a one trick pony, GAGA can do lots of tricks well.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 09:33 am
She's grown on me (via sozlet). Sozlet likes "outlaw country" -- Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, etc. -- and was absolutely appalled by early, country-ish Taylor Swift. Thought she was way too schmaltzy and generally EH.

As she (sozlet) has gotten more into pop, though, and as Swift has gotten further away from country, sozlet at first grudgingly and eventually enthusiastically embraced her (Swift). She likes the storytelling and the girl-power stuff, and loves the videos. And finds the music catchy and fun.
0 Replies

Enzo

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2012 07:02 pm
@engineer,
Yeah, whenever Swift's relationship with a guy ends, the guy always loses. She writes a song about how he hurt her, gets pity from numerous little girls, and gets millions of dollars from it. What a way to make money.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2012 08:07 pm
@Enzo,
Enzo wrote:

Yeah, whenever Swift's relationship with a guy ends, the guy always loses. She writes a song about how he hurt her, gets pity from numerous little girls, and gets millions of dollars from it. What a way to make money.

One of the most pervasive cultural messages of our time is MEN SUCK!...swift is in perfect tune and taking it all of the way to the bank. She is no fool this is for sure.
0 Replies

aspvenom

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 02:29 pm
I can easily tolerate Swift and Gaga, but I just can't stand Beiber.

Why don't you Canadians take him back, just so America doesn't have to deal with his irritating appearance and music. Added to the fact, he's the entire opposite of humble. It's just moan moan moan complain complain complain. There are homeless, hungry people,and lets not forget all the victims of crime and natural disasters, but Justin, oh hes special, since he's the one that has it so hard right? Please. He makes a movie and bitch. He writes a book and bitch. He has no talent yet everything is handed to him, and then has the nerve to to complain. Just some punk wannabe who shouldn't be anywhere near the music industry.

I feel much better, now that I've gotten that off my chest.
0 Replies

EIPINEG1

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 02:22 pm
@kickycan,
Kanye was right about Taylor Swift; however, he proceeded to be as wrong as one can be, suggesting Beyonce is better. Beyonce is hideous and has zero talent. They both whore themselves for makeup endorsements. Talent, for instance, allows a woman to be controversial to the extent she can throw away a contract from PEPSI!
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 02:35 pm
Quote:
How do you read into my comments that she's a bitch? When her latest is on the radio, we're cranking it up, but Taylor Swift has a habit about writing about every relationship she's ever had. She's great at it routinely turning heartbreak into gold but you better know that if you date her there is a song in your future. As for guys writing break-up songs, maybe Phil Collins but other than that you don't see many guys writing Adele type odes to failed relationships. Of course the best revenge song ever is still "You're so Vain". Love that song.

My husband says the same thing. Adele does it as well...she is a millionaire because of that dude that screwed her over.

Taylor Swift is young. Young people identify with her. It is not surprising to me that she takes out her ire on whatever failed relationship has just transpired. Most young girls always blame the guy - whether it is his fault or not.

I think she has a definite knack for catchy tunes and is quite the entertainer - although all that hair shaking last night was a little ridiculous to me (iHeartRadio awards I think). goofy.
panzade

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 06:36 pm
@mismi,
meh. She's still learning.
Bottom line: Kicky got it absolutely wrong...a rare occurance.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 03:02 pm
I have a question for you guys:

Taylor Swift will be in Columbus in May. I just learned about it -- tickets went on sale in November and it's evidently sold out already.

Sozlet would REALLY like to go (she evidently likes Ed Sheeran, who is opening for Taylor Swift, quite a bit as well) and it seems like a good concert sort of experience for her. Not the Wiggles or whatever, but not too mature, probably lots of girls her age.

I haven't bought concert tickets in the modern era. (Last time was in 1989 or so.) I started looking up tickets (I was sure they'd be available somewhere even though they're officially sold out), and there are many available at places like StubHub. Whoa they're expensive.

Questions:

- Are places like StubHub reliable? Any that are better or worse?
- When I checked Ticketmaster, they couldn't find any tickets (sold out) but said that more tickets are often available closer to the date and to check back. Can anyone give me more info there? Does that tend to happen? Worth waiting for? Etc.

I'd ideally like to buy three tickets (me, sozlet, and one of her friends) so something in the $50 range is possible but these $150/ per tickets I'm seeing are so not going to happen.

Any thoughts/ advice?

Thanks!
Ragman

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 03:13 pm
@sozobe,
I'm sorry but to my knowledge about rcurrently hot concert tix (like Taylor Swift) you might be unrealistic for decent seats and seeing the stage (and the faces) as anything but a fly spec for $50. You will undoubtedly be able to see a video on a large screen hanging from the ceiling of the faces and actions on the stage.

I found Stub Hub reliable though expesnive. On their website they show you floor plans so you can get an idea of where the available seats are that you potentially might be buying. It helps to know a bit about the stadium, too.

For example, in Tampa 2 yrs ago, I saw Carrie Underwood and the tickets were between $100-125 per seat. Those weren't exceptional seats but reasonable ones. I was close enough to be able to take so-so pix with my cell phone...LOL. Just giving you an example of what $100-$125 buys you in a venue at a large city like Tampa 2 yrs ago.

However, comparatively, in 2003 (I think) I saw Simon & Garfunkel with their reunion tour. We paid over $100 for those seats and the seats were nose-bleed level..but the big screen allowed us to see them. They brought out Everly Brothers for 3 songs. It was great but for the sake of perspective, that's what my dollar bought 9 yrs ago.
sozobe

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 03:27 pm
@Ragman,
I found some on StubHub for $52, they were nosebleed but would be OK for the whole experience.

Wondering about the "more tickets are likely to be sold closer to the event" part -- seems like StubHub would take a cut so the ones direct from Ticketmaster would be relatively good prices? But not sure about that, nor whether I can rely on more becoming available.

I'd hate to spend that much money on something that would be literally lost on me (deaf) but I don't think I'd send sozlet on her own. Maybe, with a friend. Hmm. Probably not.

Could also have the friend pay for herself and only pay for mine and sozlet's tickets.

Thanks for the info re: the reliability of StubHub.