Brine tank not emptying and overflowing

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 10:42 am
Hello. I have a rainsoft system purchased about 6-7 years ago used. I am having problems with my brine tank overflowing everytime it goes into regen. The brine tank is not emptying at all. I have an AMC 75 and RFC 100 if that is any help. The line that would be pulling the water out is not pinched or clogged at all from what I have taken apart so far and inspected. I would appreciate any help possible as well as even the manuals for this system. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,532 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Joethewaterguy

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 06:44 am
@Chriswms,
the brine line isn't pushed all the way into the elbow,allowing it to suck air instead of brine.
Chriswms

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 07:20 am
@Joethewaterguy,
Thank you for the reply Joe. I just finished rechecking the connections on the line and everything is connected well. I unhooked the line from the RFC100, turned it on, put my finger over the hole and it doesnt seem to be even trying to pull anything. Any other suggestions?
Joethewaterguy

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 08:49 am
@Chriswms,
the amc is the one that draws brine during the brine rinse cycle. the timer motor might be bad, is it keeping time? the seals could be worn or the injector clogged. the brine cam could have broken and it's not pushing down the brine valve during the brine rinse cycle. so many different things could be wrong , I'd call for service
Chriswms

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 09:05 am
@Joethewaterguy,
Thanks Joe. But, the line that goes to the bottom of the salt tank with the float attached to it goes from there into the RFC. The line that is dumping all the water into the salt tank, comes from a T in a line that is hooked to both the RFC and the AMC.
Joethewaterguy

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 02:09 pm
@Chriswms,
where does this line with the "t" hook to the brine tank? I think that might be the drain line from both of them and should not be hooked to the outside elbow on the brine tank, but go into the sewer drain.
0 Replies