Buying a home with a Rainsoft system. AQC100 I think

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 11:47 pm
I'm buying a bank owned home that has been vacant for many months. I checked the unit over today and the model number was really small, but I believe the first six digits were aqc100. I opened the tank and there is about 1 inch of clear water and no salt. The unit is currently unplugged, but the bypass doesn't seem to have be used. I found a manual for it online and checked with my city to see the hardness of our water. The average elevel is 109 mg/L. The unit shows a mfg date of 2001. I would appreciate any advice as to how to get the unit up and running. What settings I need to input. I don't wish to call Rainsoft, I would like to be able to get solar salt or whatever is recommended and operate the unit myself. Thanks for any information.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,933 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Joethewaterguy

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 01:44 pm
@RandallFlagg,
you can d/l a user manual doing a search for rainsoft manuals. you'll need to dump a bag of salt in it(solar salt is probably the best choice,it won't turn to mush or bridge) ,plug it in ,set the time and salt level. The other settings should be set. Press regen and see what happens.
RandallFlagg

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 04:40 pm
@Joethewaterguy,
Thanks Joe, I get the house on Thursday. I'll stop at Lowes or the Depot and get salt. I saw pallets of it at Depot today. They have Morton solar salt for under $5 a bag. Should I use more than one 50lb bag and if so how many. Thanks again
0 Replies

RandallFlagg

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 10:52 pm
@Joethewaterguy,
Hey Joe, The AQC100 has two tanks. The brine tank and one round cylinder with the controller on top. I'm guessing this is a filter, but wanted to make sure. Are there any replaceable filters or parts on this system that I should know about? Also can I get filters from other sources or do I have to get Rainsoft parts? Thanks for helping me get a basic understanding to this unit.
Joethewaterguy

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 02:48 pm
@RandallFlagg,
the round cylinder is the conditioner,the square only holds the salt to make brine to clean/regenerate the resin inside the round tank. The resin is actually the filter media and should last a long time. For the original owner Rainsoft offers a limited lifetime warranty, so hopefully yours will last a long time. If you're on city water , the resin probably has some carbon in it to remove the chlorine,not alway though. You'll be able to tell if once you regen ,the water still smells like chlorine. There is not really a filter that needs replaced, but from time to time it may need serviced, just like a car. Try what I said earlier and let me know what happens. Then we can talk about how much salt to add.
RandallFlagg

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 06:27 pm
@Joethewaterguy,
Thanks. I get the house later this week, so I'll follow your advice and post asap.
0 Replies