Religion is a lie

fresco

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 06:24 pm
@Seed,
"Respect" tends to suffer a little when holding up your pants as your belt goes through the X-ray machine at the airport. (Re: Harris..."moderate believers give succour to the irrationality of extremists").
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 06:26 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
AbbieMcKenley wrote:

Quote:
gives your god credit

You don't pay much attention to replies do you? Cool

I think Amigo is humor and/or sarcasm illiterate, non?
spendius

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 06:27 pm
@fresco,
Stay out of airports. It's easier than you think.
0 Replies

AbbieMcKenley

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 06:40 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
Bring lots of sunblock and aloe to avoid sunburn.

I'll reccomend a bottle of water or similar, it's good to keep yourself nice and hydrated if your going to be in the heat for that long...

Laughing
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 01:31 pm
@tsarstepan,
I am illiterate. Your right on all three.
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 06:18 pm
@djjd62,
My god is cooler than your god, DJ...

http://en.academic.ru/pictures/enwiki/66/Bacchusbycaravaggio.jpeg
spendius

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 06:24 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
Quote:
It is Homer who has chiefly taught other poets the art of telling lies skillfully >Aristotle<

For which we ought to be truly grateful. Open the Door Homer is a Bob Dylan song.
Amigo

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 08:54 pm
@spendius,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WazAm8JYnH4

Now, there's a certain thing
That I learned from Jim
That he'd always make sure I'd understand
And that is that there's a certain way
That a man must swim
If he expects to live off
Of the fat of the land.
Open the door, Homer,
I've heard it said before.
Open the door, Homer,
I've heard it said before
But I ain't gonna hear it said no more.

Now, there's a certain thing
That I learned from my friend, Mouse
A fella who always blushes
And that is that ev'ryone
Must always flush out his house
If he don't expect to be
Goin' 'round housing flushes.
Open the door, Homer,
Open the door, Homer,

"Take care of all your memories"
Said my friend, Mick
"For you cannot relive them
And remember when you're out there
Tryin' to heal the sick
That you must always
First forgive them."
Open the door, Homer,
Open the door, Homer,
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 09:07 pm
Doh.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 09:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Doh.

A doughnut eating deer?
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 09:17 pm
@tsarstepan,
Homer.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 09:21 pm
@Seed,
Don't expect much. He like to imagine he is provocative. However his ignorance shows at every turn. He doesn't even spell well.
Amigo

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 09:47 pm
@georgeob1,
I dropped out of school before I got to high school. I was very poor, Half white and half mexican in a housing project. I asked myself What do I want out of this life? Truth or money?

I choose truth and the truth is that you are a lier to yourself and to mankind. Lying is somthing I cannot do by my belief system. It puts us on two different sides. I am on the losing side. And money can make you beleive in alot of things that airn,t true or of conscious.

In short... I win as I won before, except in a speeling bee.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 03:51 am
"I think Amigo is humor and/or sarcasm illiterate, non? "

I keep coming back to this reply. I'm making it my sigline if I can figure out how to do it.
Jason Proudmoore

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 05:53 am
@edgarblythe,

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2007/07/HomerChalk_450x374.jpg
Amigo

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 06:04 am
@Jason Proudmoore,
bullshit
Jason Proudmoore

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 06:58 am
@Amigo,
This IS bullshit:

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/336829/2/istockphoto_336829_bullsh_t.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 07:24 am
@Amigo,
Highlight the quote, Home Slice, then to to the bottom of the page, select "My Profile" and click on that. That will take you to the page where you can paste the quote into the signature line box. Then save your changes, and you're in business.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 09:22 am
@Seed,
Seed wrote:
Not trying to get dragged into a religious debate about anything here. You believe what you believe and I leave you to believe it. I do not force my opinion and views on others. I live a life of simple faith and beliefs.

What I don't care for is when someone comes in and states something very rashly and very harshly when they have not been provoked. If I came to your door step and started preaching to you the holy word of what ever religion I believed in, then I could understand the hostility. For every action their is an equal and opposite reaction. This I can understand.

Don't come here and try to tear down someone's belief structure just because it doesn't fit the puzzle of yours. You have a different puzzle and your pieces do not fit their puzzle so don't force it.

Respect goes a long way. If you relay your thoughts and beliefs in a respectful way you will get along a lot better here.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8306/symbolthumbsupgreend.png
Amigo

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 02:09 am
@Seed,
Seed, I would get on my knees and pry to a god unknown if I thought you spoke the truth. The historic document contradicts christian belief. All men of conscious have been provoked and you are at my doorstep but in good christian form you call it your doorstep.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Given to the Frankish Army

Now we hope that none of you will be slain, but we wish you to know that the kingdom of heaven will be given as a reward to those who shall be killed in this war. For the Omnipotent knows that they lost their lives fighting for the truth of the faith, for the preservation of their country,, aiid the defence of Christians. And therefore God will give then, the reward which we have named.

-Pope Leo IV

----------------------------------------------

John VIII to the bishops in the realm of Louis II [the Stammerer].

You have modestly expressed a desire to know whether those who have recently died in war, fighting in defence of the church of God and for the preservation of the Christian religion and of the state, or those who may in 'he future fall in the same cause, may obtain indulgence for their sins. We confidently reply that those who, out of love to the Christian religion, shall die in battle fighting bravely against pagans or unbelievers, shall receive eternal life. For the Lord has said through his prophet: "In whatever hour a sinner shall be converted, I will remember his sins no longer." By the intercession of St. Peter, who has the power of binding and loosing in heaven and on the earth, we absolve, as far as is permissible, all such and commend them by our prayers to the Lord.

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/john2-ind878.html
0 Replies