Religion is a lie

Amigo

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 05:21 am
Don't be an infidel to yourself or to mankind. There is no prophet.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 12 • Views: 4,348 • Replies: 46
No top replies

AbbieMcKenley

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 05:24 am
@Amigo,
http://www.apuritansmind.com/images/MiscImages/hell2.jpg

Hope you like it there, nice climate...

Laughing
Francis

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 05:40 am
@AbbieMcKenley,
I indeed like that climate.

I know the following is old stuff but I still find it nice:

Quote:
Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools off when it expands and heats up when it is compressed) or some variant. One student, however, wrote the following:

"First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate that souls are moving into Hell and the rate they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell.

With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added. This gives two possibilities:

1) If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2) If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over. So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year, "...that it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you", and take into account the fact that I still have not succeeded in having an affair with her, then #2 above cannot be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and will not freeze over."

0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 05:45 am
@AbbieMcKenley,
Thats what your afraid of. Thats why you except Jesus Christ. Because your afraid of eternal burning. But if the threat of hell dissapeired of Saturday the church would be empty on sunday .

If you don't want your faith shaken turn back now because you and your god will lose. I am an alpha male. We are all alpha if we choose.
AbbieMcKenley

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 05:49 am
@Amigo,
Haha,

Quote:
If you don't want your faith shaken

I never have and i doubt ever will have a "faith in god"

Can't say the idea's ever struck me any more true than Santa Claus.

My first post wasn't serious, i was joking.

Twisted Evil

Smile
Amigo

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 05:51 am
@AbbieMcKenley,
If it will make you feel better I could talk this way about another god you don't like. Then it kind of gives your god credit???

**** their god and **** your god.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qkGoqAZrqI

FREEDOM!!!!!!
AbbieMcKenley

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 05:53 am
@Amigo,
Quote:
gives your god credit

You don't pay much attention to replies do you? Cool
shewolfnm

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 05:55 am
i hear ya amigo Smile

but i would explain it like this -

our thoughts can become our actions and THINGS.
I think that the need to belong to something greater and more powerful than themselves is such a huge need for people that religion fits right in.
Where was it invented ? Who knows.
Some speculate that it was invented by the Greek ( christianity that is) to control the masses. Others say other stuff.. but the base of it was to gain control and guide masses of people at once.
Is that true?
Dunno. Was not there when it was created so how would I know? Wink

Point is, after ALL this time of people creating the same thought, doing the same actions, putting their energy forth into the same thing, they HAVE created that religion. And now , on a very basic theme.. IT IS TRUE.

You can tests a humans reactions to visions, sounds and viewed behaviors on many new pieces of technology and the FEAR of hell is very real to people. The FELLING of being accepted, wanted and needed by church is VERY real to people. The IDEA that they are doing RIGHT is very real to people. The PHYSICAL reaction to this creation is REAL.

Will what they project happen when they die? no one knows and only the most arrogant of people assume they do. Even inside of a religion many say different things. You go straight to heaven, you 'sleep and wait' , purgatory, hell........They guess. We all guess because no one has died and lived to tell about it. Thats impossible Wink But that is a fact. Hell is not. Purgatory is not. These are ideas , thoughts, feelings, and not proven. This doesnt take away from the credibility of the person who believes it. Remember, its real to THEM. In their universe.. but proving the happenings of each religion is impossible since everything supposedly happens after death.
But what is possible is creating the mindset , the energy force , the physical reaction to, the behaviors of and the fears of , religious thinking. That manifests in the person and THAT can be proven. Our reactions can be proven.

It isnt a lie.
It is a creation.
Amigo

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 05:59 am
@AbbieMcKenley,
I feel tricked. It wouldn't be the first time.
AbbieMcKenley

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 06:03 am
@Amigo,
Smile
It's okay, some members of some religion will come on soon, you posted at the wrong time of day, Americans and Canadians are still in bed, not many people are on...

Just keep an eye out for plagues... The first one is red water... Smile
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 06:04 am
@shewolfnm,
Shewolf, Thats great writing. I like the spacing and the capitals. It's like a poem. Give us a photo!?!?!?

I didn't read the whole thing

djjd62

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 07:18 am
sorry to disappoint
my god is pretty cool
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/40/Processed_SAM_loki.jpg/481px-Processed_SAM_loki.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loki
shewolfnm

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 08:01 am
@Amigo,
uuuhhhhh
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 08:22 am
@Amigo,
Amigo wrote:
Religion is a lie

In many ways it's more like weapon, used to control and manipulate.
fresco

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 02:51 pm
@Amigo,
"Religion" is something to think about when laying epoxy flooring.
Unfortunately, we're all stuck with it ! Wink
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 02:58 pm
@shewolfnm,
Good synopsis of of the irrelevance of "truth" to social reality.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 03:04 pm
@Amigo,
Not trying to get dragged into a religious debate about anything here. You believe what you believe and I leave you to believe it. I do not force my opinion and views on others. I live a life of simple faith and beliefs.

What I don't care for is when someone comes in and states something very rashly and very harshly when they have not been provoked. If I came to your door step and started preaching to you the holy word of what ever religion I believed in, then I could understand the hostility. For every action their is an equal and opposite reaction. This I can understand.

Don't come here and try to tear down someone's belief structure just because it doesn't fit the puzzle of yours. You have a different puzzle and your pieces do not fit their puzzle so don't force it.

Respect goes a long way. If you relay your thoughts and beliefs in a respectful way you will get along a lot better here.
Chumly

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 03:14 pm
Religion is big business, there is much profit to be had.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 03:33 pm
@rosborne979,
Rosbourne said: "In many ways it's more like a weapon, used to control and manipulate."

That was its intention, when it was created, fabricated, made up, by early Roman Bishops, who were politicians.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 06:24 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
AbbieMcKenley wrote:

http://www.apuritansmind.com/images/MiscImages/hell2.jpg

Hope you like it there, nice climate...

Laughing

I hear it's a dry heat. Not at all humid. So the depiction of the person sweating is quite inaccurate. I hear the sweat boils into steam in the sweat gland before it even hits the air. Embarrassed

Bring lots of sunblock and aloe to avoid sunburn. Wink