Hi! i need help my goldfish layed eggs!

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 10:38 am
Hi i really need help my goldfish layed eggs today there orange and there sticking to the plants.I have a 5 gallon tank which they were born in ive moved the mammy to a 2 gallon tank.My goldfish is a fantail goldfish she's the only goldfish i had in the 5 gallon tank so i bought her pregnant which i had no idea! so it was abit of a suprise today!.But i need help i dont if there meant to be orange but they look like they have some werid gelled layer over them.
I'm not sure if there healthy or a lost causes and google's not given me any good information!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 16,030 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 10:46 am
Goldfish have been reproducing for a long time without any human intervention. Just leave the eggs alone and see what happens.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 10:53 am
Here are some people who have a few suggestions:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080319055216AAuR5Ak
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 10:55 am
@Green Witch,
so my idea for goldfish midwives is probably not a viable business proposal
PurpleBlossom

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 10:56 am
@Green Witch,
Thank you! ill see what happens!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 11:19 am
@djjd62,
Quote:
so my idea for goldfish midwives is probably not a viable business proposal

They would only be replaced by expensive men wearing face masks and paper slippers over their shoes who insist the fish have to be fully drugged and lying down to give birth.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 11:22 am
Do you have a net and a cracker?

Could solve this whole issue real quick and tasty-like.

Cycloptichorn
farmerman

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 03:09 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
youd need some salt to packe them for a few weeks . Then serve em up on a Ritz.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 03:36 pm
@PurpleBlossom,
Goldfish eggs are fertilized after they are laid, so unless there's a male goldfish in the tank with her, those eggs will not hatch.
0 Replies

rockyboo89

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 11:08 am
@PurpleBlossom,
well you can just keep the eggs that you want and if you don't want some of them just throw them in the tank so that the other goldfish can eat it and get some protein, and the ones that you want make sure once you have all of the baby goldfish that hatch you have to get separated tanks for them or they will fight but the ones that didn't hatch yet keep them at temperature., but you cant have baby goldfish if you don't have a male cause they male is really important to the eggs the male has to fertilize the eggs or you wont have any baby goldfish.what the male does is that it squirts out milt which is kinda like milk but for fish and that is the fertilizer for the eggs hope you have fun with your pets just keep the eggs warm thankyou for your time.......... hope you have a great day and enjoy your pets again thankyou for your time.
0 Replies