What kind of verizon cell phone should i get?

emshae

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 04:49 pm
Dad said i can get a cell phone. What kind should I get? Needs to be a Verizon phone....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 7,224 • Replies: 16
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 04:50 pm
You save money in the long run by not getting a contract. Whatever phone you get, pay for the phone up front and pay month by month.
emshae

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 04:52 pm
@ebrown p,
alright thanks. any idea on what kind?
Seed

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 05:03 pm
@emshae,
One of the Droids. HTC Droid is my favorite. But I do enjoy the pad that comes with the other one ( I can not recall it's name)
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 05:06 pm
@emshae,
My theory is to pay as little as possible (as a dad, I suspect your dad may appreciate this). The question then is which silly features are important enough to you to merit the cost.

Do you want one of those full tiny keyboard things?
Do you want a touch screen?
Do you want a camera?
Are you going to be want to use the internet on this thing... and if so, for what?
Will you use bluetooth (i.e. for those geeky hands-free headset things).

To get the answer... you should really write down a list of the features you want. I would suggest dividing the list into "must have", "important" and "cool but not necessary" sections. If you do this, then picking the phone will be a lot easier.

(for the record, I carry a Virgin mobile phone. To buy the phone outright (i.e. no contact or commitment) cost me just under $20. I pay under $20 bucks a month for the few minutes I use .)
0 Replies

mm25075

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 05:12 pm
I have Blueberry. I really like it.
ebrown p

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 05:13 pm
@mm25075,
Do you mean "blackberry" or "bluetooth" lol?

mm25075

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 05:16 pm
@ebrown p,
LOL...neither.

It's a blue cased cell phone that looks like a Blackberry with the pull out keyboard for texting but does not connect to e-mail. It also has a camera phone.

I pay $5.00 over my cell phone plan per month to have the text option.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 05:56 pm
I just got the Samsung Rogue at Verizon this weekend. My son (who is your age, emshae) got one, too, and talked me into it. It has a full QWERTY keyboard that makes texting easy (yes, I text!), a very large touch screen, and a 3.0 camera.

After you decide which features are the most important to you, ask your parents how much they are willing to spend. Then have them take you to the Verizon store where they are all plugged in so you can try out a few. (After we did that, we went to Best Buy for a better price. But their phones are not plugged in.)
Seed

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 06:03 pm
@Eva,
I have the Env Touch which like the Rogue has a full QWERTY keypad and has the camera. Takes video and pictures.
djjd62

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 06:05 pm
@Seed,
i got a samsung hype, nice phone

http://www.cellphones.ca/images/phone_images/samsung-hype-a256.jpg
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 06:16 pm
@Seed,
Seed wrote:

I have the Env Touch which like the Rogue has a full QWERTY keypad and has the camera. Takes video and pictures.

I had one of the original EnVs before this weekend. I actually went to the Verizon store thinking the EnV Touch was the one I wanted. Consumer Reports rates it at the top. Turned out, I didn't care for the display. (Just a matter of taste.) That's why I suggested emshae check them all out at the Verizon store where she can see how they work.
Seed

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 06:28 pm
@Eva,
Yea, it's a nice phone. I enjoy it, play with it often. Surprised I haven't broken it yet. But I called today to find out when I can upgrade my phone for you know, way cheaper then buying the phone right out. I want a droid.
0 Replies

emshae

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 07:03 pm
i need text. dont need net. need cam. i <3 texting
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 07:32 pm
With Verizon I have a LG Dare, and what I like most about it is that I need to charge it maybe once a week only. It has a touch screen.
Edit [Moderator]: Image removed
0 Replies

emshae

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 08:27 pm
perty phone i like
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 08:39 pm
I'm on ATT
0 Replies