Rainsoft AMC 75 CT Silver Series (dials don't make sense?!)

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 11:32 pm
I bought this system several months ago...used condition. It has been working fine as I just plumbed it in, left the settings where they were and plugged it in. Past few days I seem to be getting a sulpher smell. I need to understand how to set this thing properly. The dials are quite confusing. I would think that because it was installed previously on city water and we now have it on a well, that it may just have incorrect settings? Can I send a pic of the front of this thing so as to get some assistance? Or is it the material and a bacterial issue the real problem here that I should address with some bleach? Appreciate any help.......thx!!
Bri.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,805 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Drwater

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 05:30 am
@oliverlio,
A water softener is not designed to remove sulpher. That is an entirely different type of equipment called an iron or sulpher filter. There are many different types, type oan non chemical, but changing settings on you Rain soft unit will not get the smell out.
0 Replies