I have chicken, I have broccoli - any suggestions?

mismi

Mon 11 Jan, 2010 06:02 pm
@Mame,
Thanks Mame...That is great. Writing it down.

JPB...I love chicken divan. Haven't made it in a really long time. Does it have curry in it?
Linkat

Tue 12 Jan, 2010 10:53 am
@Rockhead,
Or for a similar healthier recipe - bread chicken (I use italien flavored bread crumbs for more flavor) and bake in oven rather than fry. Then I'd steam the broccoli - if that is too uninteresting you could melt some cheddar cheese and pour on the broccoli - the kids would probably like that.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 12 Jan, 2010 11:34 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Roasted broccoli with Old Bay seasoning on it

roasted veggies - always a favourite for me (not sure about the Old Bay thing - nevah hoid of it here)
Cycloptichorn

Tue 12 Jan, 2010 11:35 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

roasted veggies - always a favourite for me (not sure about the Old Bay thing - nevah hoid of it here)

It's just a mix of several different seasonings, you can use whatever you likes. But I do recommend it if you can find it.

Cycloptichorn
Linkat

Tue 12 Jan, 2010 12:17 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
And it has a little kick to it...
0 Replies

mismi

Tue 12 Jan, 2010 03:42 pm
I had Mame's Chipotle Chicken and Cycloptichorn's roasted broccoli with the Old Bay...was very good. I have written down and typed up the rest of the suggestions and placed them in my cook book. Thanks so much...

Mame - the Chicken was great. And so was the Broccoli - we had it with rice. Delish.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I am looking forward to using them all !
Mame

Tue 12 Jan, 2010 06:05 pm
@mismi,
Don'tcha just love those 5 ingredients or less recipes? Sooooooo easy!

Glad you liked it. I have several of the same for pork tenderloin. lemme know when you want 'em.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Tue 12 Jan, 2010 06:11 pm
@mismi,
mismi wrote:

I had Mame's Chipotle Chicken and Cycloptichorn's roasted broccoli with the Old Bay...was very good. I have written down and typed up the rest of the suggestions and placed them in my cook book. Thanks so much...

Mame - the Chicken was great. And so was the Broccoli - we had it with rice. Delish.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I am looking forward to using them all !

Yay recipe swap!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

alex240101

Tue 12 Jan, 2010 06:28 pm
@mismi,
Hello Mismi,...just saw this thread, and am late,..but for a future chicken and broccoli dish: Cook chicken(boneless/skinless) in skillet, cut into pieces when cool enough. Steam broccoli. Boil egg noodles. Width of noodle up to you. Mix in casserole with a creamed soup. Sprinkle paramesan on top. Bake until bubbly good.
Sometimes croutons are substituted for the noodles.
0 Replies

Mame

Tue 12 Jan, 2010 06:29 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

We get it here - I can send you some.
JPB

Tue 12 Jan, 2010 06:33 pm
@mismi,
Not mine, but some do.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 12 Jan, 2010 06:34 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
We get it here - I can send you some.

can't I wait til you're on a road-trip to the centre of the universe Mr. Green Laughing Mr. Green and beg for a meet-up and delivery?

I'll go down to the St. Lawrence Market some day soon and check one of the vendors downstairs - if anyone's got it, he's got it.
Mame

Tue 12 Jan, 2010 06:47 pm
@ehBeth,
Will let you know next time I'm in TO (en route to London) -- I'll hope for a long layover and we can meet for lunch Smile
ehBeth

Wed 13 Jan, 2010 05:36 pm
@Mame,
that would be seriously wonderful
0 Replies