KIWIS!!!!

jillamanda

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 12:42 pm
Wilso wrote:
Good to see more Aussies turning up.

Was the other forum "icered"? I spent 2 days there and felt about as welcome as a french kiss at a family reunion.

No, that wasn't it Wilso. they're all quite friendly, there's just a couple of people running amok there at the moment (I'm ashamed to say they're Aussies too). I think their days are numbered, but I couldn't be bothered putting up with them til then....

....and I'm glad to see some agreement on the NZ thing. It's particularly relevent now with the Rugby World Cup being played here etc. Who knows? We might end up having to play them in the finals or something - we don't want people thinking we LIKE them - not while they're on the same continent anyway. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

jillamanda

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 01:07 pm
Setanta wrote:
Australia . . . ain't that right next to Germany an' Italy . . . why would you care about New Zealand?

:wink: YES!!! That's it!! Separated by the Swiss Alps - you can't miss it....
It's funny you should say that actually. This is a link to an Aussie comedy show ( http://www.abc.net.au/cnnnn ). They did a street survey somewhere in the US, asking people which country the US should invade next. The guy who was asking the questions had a map of the world and was asking people to put pins in the countries they thought would be the best. There were some very strange geographical ideas, to say the least. One guy put a pin in Lebanon and announced that North Korea should be next. Then another one came along and put one in Australia, saying that IT was North Korea, and that he never knew it was so far from South Korea!!!! Laughing
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 08:53 pm
Setanta wrote:
Australia . . . ain't that right next to Germany an' Italy . . . why would you care about New Zealand?

Sheeesh! Next they'll be blaming us for Arnie! And Hitler!
jillamanda wrote:
....and I'm glad to see some agreement on the NZ thing. It's particularly relevent now with the Rugby World Cup being played here etc. Who knows? We might end up having to play them in the finals or something

If all goes according to form, we'll face the Kiwi haka in the semis -!
0 Replies

jillamanda

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 04:04 pm
[/quote]

If all goes according to form, we'll face the Kiwi haka in the semis -![/quote]

....well we did it, we kicked their asses!!!!! And now that the Poms beat France - it's us and them for the final next weekend. I heard a good quote on the radio this morning - they said France just lay down and surrendered 'like it was a war'...... :wink:
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 08:52 pm
That's an appalling thing to say. Those French rugby players fought at least 15 mins longer than the entire 2nd Army in 1939!
0 Replies

jillamanda

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 09:08 pm
Mr Stillwater wrote:
That's an appalling thing to say. Those French rugby players fought at least 15 mins longer than the entire 2nd Army in 1939!
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 07:52 pm
jillamanda wrote:
Mr Stillwater wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Can't comment on that - I went to sleep. If only Jonny Wilkinson is playing, why did the Poms bring all those others? Need to rest a lot this week for a big weekend!

G'day Stilly!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 09:43 pm
Hiya Margo! Back for good, I hope!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 01:00 am
Has been awhile Mr Stillwater.

What a terrible thing to say about the frogs. Shocked Laughing
0 Replies