tsarstepan

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 03:27 pm
@chai2,
Lord have mercy on your tuchas...?
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 03:29 pm
@chai2,
Oh Chai...so sorry. Good for you though! But I know this part is bad.

You need your alone time now.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 03:59 pm
@chai2,
Just remember to breathe...
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 04:17 pm
I'm hungry!!!!
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 04:18 pm
@chai2,
You have to fast for 24 hours? Can you drink water?
djjd62

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 04:19 pm
@tsarstepan,
worse than that
Reyn

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 04:19 pm
@chai2,
Ah, piece of cake. Just try having a stomach scope. Wink
ossobuco

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 04:21 pm
It's usually not the colonoscopy that is difficult, because you are in twilight sleep (or whatever), but the prep. I've overdue for one, but did have a sigmoidoscopy, in which the procedure was the easy part. The prep, details of which I forget except forcing myself to drink the stuff, and nausea for the next two or three days (maybe there has been medical progress on this). The other neg was that there was a floor tile out in the office 'op' room and guys working up there. I could tell they weren't right there, but... egads and little fishes, as we used to say.

Since then I've read that colonoscopies miss a lot on the right side, and that the cheaper xray version is better for that. But.. medicare won't pick up the cost. Grrrr. On the other hand, I don't know the data on all that, just that I read about it from some reasonable source not all that long ago.

How ya doin', Chai? (sympathy)
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 04:23 pm
@djjd62,
What? One of those barium drinks I witnessed Ricky Gervais' character drink in his recent film Ghost Town (2008)?
ossobuco

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 04:26 pm
@tsarstepan,
no... http://ibdcrohns.about.com/cs/diagnostictesting/a/colonoscopyprep.htm

I read about another one that involved some power and a whole lot of gatorade.
sullyfish6

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 04:53 pm
Chai - good for you for having this done.

As you may know, i lost my husband to colon cancer almost 8 months ago. He was a non smoker, light drinker, exerciser, ate well. He did NOT listen to his body and constant constipation, then later gas, bloating, body aches, not being able to emply completely revealed a golf ball size tumor that had already spread to the liver and lymph glands. He had a colonoscopy just 2 yeares before. Dr.s were baffled. He lived for 2 years.

Ya all get yur butt to the Drs!! PLEASE!
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 05:02 pm
@chai2,
Good luck tomorrow.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 05:13 pm
@ossobuco,
Hah, that was powder, not power.