Better aim than that Iraqi guy!

JTT

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 11:58 pm
Quote:

Italian protester breaks Berlusconi's nose

Sun Dec 13, 7:27 PM
By Emilio Parodi

MILAN (Reuters) - Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi was rushed to hospital covered in blood with a broken nose and teeth after a man with mental problems hurled a statuette at him at a rally, officials said on Sunday.

Berlusconi was bundled into a car, with blood spattered over his face, and whisked away after the assault in a square behind the cathedral in the northern city of Milan. The media mogul had just ended a speech to thousands of flag-waving supporters.

The 73-year-old prime minister, a popular but divisive figure, said "I'm fine, I'm fine" as he arrived at the hospital.

He later told an Italian television presenter visiting him that he considered it "miraculous" not to have lost an eye in the attack, the Ansa news agency said.

His personal doctor, Alberto Zangrillo, said the premier had suffered a fractured nose, two broken teeth and cuts to his lips that required stitches.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/091214/world/international_us_italy_berlusconi
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,665 • Replies: 4
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 12:25 am
@JTT,
NOT funny!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 08:14 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Better aim than that Iraqi guy!

Yeah, but I'm figurine he shoe'd have thrown something less dangerous.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 12:43 am
@DrewDad,
I'm no fan of Berlusconi, but this is a stupid way to address grievances. Brutto.
JTT

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 12:01 pm
@ossobuco,
I was no fan of the Taliban or Saddam but this was a stupid way to address grievances. Brutto times by hundred thousand or so.
0 Replies