HELP! Australia under direct Christian attack!

Eorl

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 01:05 am
@msolga,
As long as Steve Fielding doesn't hold the balance of power, all will be well.

Or in language he'd understand: As long as Steve Fielding don't win nuthin big or importorant , all will be real good.
msolga

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 01:49 am

msolga

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 01:57 am
@msolga,
I did that (***) in my last post because your last post (from the "new posts" link) didn't appear on the thread unless there was another post after it.

I know, because I posted to say your post was missing. Only to have your post appear after my (last) post! So I deleted mine because it was no longer necessary. THEN yours wasn't there again! Confused

I swear I'm not making this up! (Though it sounds quite crazy, I know.)
msolga

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 02:02 am
@Eorl,
Quote:
As long as Steve Fielding doesn't hold the balance of power, all will be well.

Yes, Indeed.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 03:44 am
@Eorl,
Is he that Family First nut?
dlowan

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 03:45 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

I did that (***) in my last post because your last post (from the "new posts" link) didn't appear on the thread unless there was another post after it.

I know, because I posted to say your post was missing. Only to have your post appear after my (last) post! So I deleted mine because it was no longer necessary. THEN yours wasn't there again! Confused

I swear I'm not making this up! (Though it sounds quite crazy, I know.)

You're making this up, you Crazy Cat!
Eorl

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 04:40 am
@dlowan,
Yes, indeed, he is. The one with the balance of power in the senate. In fact there's a strong theory that the broadband filter was the price of his support in the senate. Seems they may have successfully bluffed him along until now: election time, and they mat not need his vote after.

And yeah, msolga is still adjusting to the new meds I think.

dlowan

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 05:49 am
@Eorl,
Eorl wrote:

Yes, indeed, he is. The one with the balance of power in the senate. In fact there's a strong theory that the broadband filter was the price of his support in the senate. Seems they may have successfully bluffed him along until now: election time, and they mat not need his vote after.

And yeah, msolga is still adjusting to the new meds I think.

Aha!! Like the crazy fella who held the balance of power in the first term of my current state government.

How we all came to dread full moons. Shivers...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 07:00 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:
You're making this up, you Crazy Cat!

I swear I didn't! Quite a bizarre experience, I can tell you.

Though I must say, I hesitated before posting that. A person reading my post might well have concluded I'd been on the schnapps all afternoon! Laughing

But on the subject of Steve Fielding & Family First:

It was Labor preferences (plus the others) that got him over the line in the first place, despite the abysmal number of actual primary votes he received . At that point I figured Labor's anti-Greens paranoia had gotten totally out of hand & they'd totally lost the plot.

Quote:
Antony Green's Analysis:

The deal done between Labor and several other groups to protect its third candidate Jacinta Collins has backfired badly. Despite polling only 0.13 of a quota, Family First harvest preferences from numerous groups including the Progressive Alliance, the Christian Democrats, the Aged and Disability Pensioners Party, Non-Custodial Parents Party, One Nation, Liberals for Forests, the Australian Democrats, the DLP and the surplus from the Coalition. By this stage, Family First has passed the third Labor candidate, Family First's Steven Fielding then easily wining the final vacancy on Labor preferences.

http://www.abc.net.au/elections/federal/2004/results/sendVIC.htm

dlowan

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 07:25 pm
@msolga,
Preferences are crazy at least half the time.

When I can, I wade through the entire senate mess and do my own.

They should be ashamed, and lightning has struck.

But WE suffer!

Eorl

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 05:28 am
@dlowan,
So... do you reckon Conroy stays? Does Ms Gillard ixnay the filter?
dlowan

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 06:55 am
@Eorl,
No idea.

Hope so.
0 Replies