hydro-quad whole house water filtration system

zastroe

Mon 14 Dec, 2009 11:16 pm
Tonight I received a sales pitch from a "water resources international" representative. However, I am the first to admit I am not knowledgeable on water system. I would appreciate input on my situation.

4 people in house using municiple water. Currently no system (hard water).
Minor annoying problems are hard water stains on dishes, film on sufaces of shower door etc, chlorine and tiny sediment in water/ice-cubes. None of these are horrible, but minor annoyances. I imagine the pipes in the house may show negative effects, but not sure.

System is a hydro-quad water processor with ultra-micron under-sink filtration system. The price is ~$5k all-in (taxes, install, plus 5 years of cleaning products). There were multiple demo's that impressed including a water test showing the amount of sediment in our water, ability to clean without harsh chemicals, and the general appearance and taste of water.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 16,990 • Replies: 9
Topic Closed
No top replies

TinksMom

Wed 16 Jun, 2010 01:24 pm
We received the same pitch last night and it was very impressive! Very tempting, but right now we are going to seek a second opinion from another company. 5K is a lot of money to drop on something, investment or not!

Since no one responded to your post, I'm wondering what you ended up doing. Did you buy it? If so, do you love it?

I dream of taking a shower and not having to wash my hair several times to feel like all the shampoo is out. It would also be nice to use less cleaning solutions to get basic things genuinely clean, and not totally chemically treated.

Thanks!
dezhart

Wed 9 Feb, 2011 10:23 am
@TinksMom,
I purchased this...not that impressive. Sorry 5k is too much. I am a sucker and I wanted it. The sales pitch was great. NOT worth the money, you can just as well go to Home Depot.
0 Replies

boeingjet4

Sat 10 Nov, 2012 04:18 pm
I have the system for about 10 years now, I fell for it too, if I could do it over again, you could go to Sears or home depot and set up a water filtration sys tem yourself. It's good water, but you could have good water for a whole lot less.It requires some maintaince, salt chlorine if you have a chlorine injection system with it as well. The warranty covers parts but not the service call and labor.Fortunitly for me ,I am able to do this work , so it's cheaper to buy the parts and put them in my self, than to call them. For anyone considering this system, I would shop around. I live in Florida, so a filtration system is necessary.
JRPLadyHarley

Fri 2 May, 2014 08:06 am
Thank you all. I was thinking about this but I will shop around for a less expensive system. Just tired of purchasing water, also want to see the difference in laundry.
0 Replies

Gooman

Wed 4 Mar, 2015 12:45 pm
I kick myself from time to time for falling for the sales pitch back in 2010. I was in the market and was ready to buy before the sales pitch so I was already weak. I should have shopped around and done a little more research on cost before diving in head first. Anyone can install a softener system; it is that simple. With that in mind, one can install a softener system for about $1000 depending on the options chosen. A bare minimum system could be had for under $500.
0 Replies

p0liticalhack

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 09:16 pm
It seems quite obvious that none of you did any research because had you one of you all might have figured out that yes you can get something similar at Sears but you are going to have three different systems and the cost would be the same and a $500 water softener at a big box store, well you get what you pay for. I've had my Quad and UMF since the mid 80's and I purchased it to replace a crappy $1100 water softener.
0 Replies

darealmajestic

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 10:14 am
@boeingjet4,
Hi boeingjet4,

I'm not sure if you'll get this message at this time but what part of Florida do you live in? This system came with my house when I bought it and I think I need some help with it Smile. I can't find anyone one that knows anything about it. And parts will not be covered for me since I am not the original owner.
Lil V

Sun 11 Feb, 2018 12:02 am
@darealmajestic,
904-646-9000. Is United Hydro's Florida number. They service all of Florida.
0 Replies

alancjohnson

Mon 11 Mar, 2019 01:51 am
@zastroe,
The way I see this, you have two options: either invest in a reversed osmosis filter system, or opt for a countertop water filter system. Healthy Kitchen 101 offers insights on both choices, including specs, comparisons, pros and cons, etc.
0 Replies