Older Rainsoft Sync Problem

bracox

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 06:50 pm
I recently was given an older Rainsoft system and rebuilt the control valve and replaced the shaft pin. I didn't notice the two plastic valve opener discs position prior to me tinkering with the system. How do you set the discs related to the regeneration sequence? Thanks in advance for any help!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 787 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Joethewaterguy

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 11:59 am
@bracox,
the two disks are keyed to the hex staft. once it's all together,keep it on bypass, plug it in and let it run. if it's a manual timer, it will reset itself back in the ser position, this could take a couple of hours. After the switch levers are in the ser position you can take it off of bypass. I would put a cup of chlorine bleach in the brine tank with a couple of gallons of water and run it throung a cycle to sanatize the unit. did you replace the orings on the piston? this is probably what caused the shear pin to break. also do not use any petroleum based lube on the orings. use dow111 or equal
0 Replies